Why didn't I become aware, and is this woman/girl my guide?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Revolution

Why didn't I become aware, and is this woman/girl my guide?

Postby Revolution » 28 Jun 2014 19:17

I had a very long, very vivid dream last night. In fact, I'm almost certain that I had two seperate dreams, but the transition was hazy so I'm not quite sure.

I won't go into detail, but at one point in the dream I was at a dinning table with a family (who I have never met in real life or in a dream before) And I said something along the lines of "I wish this was just a dream." It then occured to me that what was happening may have been a dream. I know that I did or said something to test this theory, but it didn't work. However, I was so sure I was dreaming that I took the glass I was holding in my hand and threw it at a patio door.

What I was hoping would happen is that the glass would pass straight through the door. However, instead it shattered and I was sure that I couldn't have been dreaming.

Why didn't I realise that I was dreaming? Even while I was thinking 'I might be dreaming', it still felt as if it wasn't my thought. As if what was happening was just part of the story that was happening in my dream.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

---

The second think I want to ask about is spirit guides, in all their many forms. I know that some people believe they are really beings, and others simply believe they are part of your sub-concious. I don't know what to believe.

I posted about a woman who appeared before me and stopped me from having a lucid dream not to long ago. I didn't know what to think about that.

However in the dream I mentioned above, there was a girl who was perhaps 16. She had blonde hair like the other woman who stopped me from having a lucid dream, but I'm pretty certain that they aren't the same people. Anyway, this girl talked to me during the dream and releaved something to me about myself. I won't mention what that something was, but does this mean anything?

Is she some kind of spirit guide?

Thankyou for reading this, and hopefully you can help me.

nesgirl

Re: Why didn't I become aware, and is this woman/girl my gui

Postby nesgirl » 28 Jun 2014 21:01

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Snaggle

Re: Why didn't I become aware, and is this woman/girl my gui

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jun 2014 05:11

Revolution wrote:I had a very long, very vivid dream last night. In fact, I'm almost certain that I had two seperate dreams, but the transition was hazy so I'm not quite sure.

I won't go into detail, but at one point in the dream I was at a dinning table with a family (who I have never met in real life or in a dream before) And I said something along the lines of "I wish this was just a dream." It then occured to me that what was happening may have been a dream. I know that I did or said something to test this theory, but it didn't work. However, I was so sure I was dreaming that I took the glass I was holding in my hand and threw it at a patio door.

What I was hoping would happen is that the glass would pass straight through the door. However, instead it shattered and I was sure that I couldn't have been dreaming.

Why didn't I realise that I was dreaming? Even while I was thinking 'I might be dreaming', it still felt as if it wasn't my thought. As if what was happening was just part of the story that was happening in my dream.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

You appear to have been at the lowest level of lucidity in this dream. Your real memory was not activated fully - thus you questioned whether or not you were dreaming. If your real memory was activated you would have known you were dreaming.

The second think I want to ask about is spirit guides, in all their many forms. I know that some people believe they are really beings, and others simply believe they are part of your sub-concious. I don't know what to believe.

I posted about a woman who appeared before me and stopped me from having a lucid dream not to long ago. I didn't know what to think about that.

However in the dream I mentioned above, there was a girl who was perhaps 16. She had blonde hair like the other woman who stopped me from having a lucid dream, but I'm pretty certain that they aren't the same people. Anyway, this girl talked to me during the dream and releaved something to me about myself. I won't mention what that something was, but does this mean anything?

Is she some kind of spirit guide?

Whether or not a dream guide is just a dream character or a spirit guide is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. You need to experience more of them, examine your experiences and test any opinion you form, while avoiding coming to any premature conclusions that will stop you from thinking at all! The general opinion at this site is atheism so the general conclusion is that it's just a dream character. Premature conclusions are what destroys the ability to discover and know in any intellectual activity. Living with the mystery until you can really solve it is just part of skepticism/intellect/reason. Don't parrot anyone find out for yourself.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”