Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Barbara

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Barbara » 26 May 2014 20:09

Hi!

I had my first lucid dream already, but since then, I can not do it again. I am not sure why. I still do the reality checks and all, but it's like it stopped working or something. Please help, I want to have more lucid dreams! It passed two months since I had my first lucid dream (which was awesome btw)!
+ Is it possible to have lucid dreams every night?

Barb

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 27 May 2014 15:29

Barbara wrote:Hi!

I had my first lucid dream already, but since then, I can not do it again. I am not sure why. I still do the reality checks and all, but it's like it stopped working or something. Please help, I want to have more lucid dreams! It passed two months since I had my first lucid dream (which was awesome btw)!
+ Is it possible to have lucid dreams every night?

Barb

Have you been taking any new medication? Was there a turn of events in your life that may have changed your mental stability? Or has your circadian rhythm been interrupted?
And yes, it is possible to have LDs every night :D

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 02 Jun 2014 16:30

How does medication effect LD? I'm asking because this is MAJOR allergy season for me, and I find myself taking a lot of Benedryl (which causes drowsiness) just to keep my head from feeling like an over-ripe melon. I was making "good" progress with LD until recently. Could the medicine be messing with my dreaming and if so should I take a break from LD until allergy season passes?

Thanks,
J

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 02 Jun 2014 17:06

LD43081 wrote:How does medication effect LD? I'm asking because this is MAJOR allergy season for me, and I find myself taking a lot of Benedryl (which causes drowsiness) just to keep my head from feeling like an over-ripe melon. I was making "good" progress with LD until recently. Could the medicine be messing with my dreaming and if so should I take a break from LD until allergy season passes?

Thanks,
J

You should definitely take a break, sorry to hear about it :(

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 02 Jun 2014 23:30

Thanks Sterre! I cross-posted this to an allergy forum as well (without the LD stuff) and someone suggested I try Claritin-D as it doesn't mess with your sleep like Benedryl. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

In the meantime I had a couple more questions if anybody want's to take a stab at them:

1) I tried taking a nap this afternoon. I wasn't super tired, but I've been know to drift off before, so I figured I would give it a try. I also decided to try the MILD technique from the PDF (more on that below). About ten to 15 minutes after lying down my extremities started to feel very heavy and almost sore (like after a workout). My arms and hands were tingling a bit as well. I've never experienced sleep paralysis before (that I can remember anyway). Is that what happened? I don't know that I ever really fell asleep for a meaningful period of time, and I didn't try to move (I was worried that if I was making progress I might mess it up). Is it possible to even have sleep paralysis without actually falling asleep?

2) I've been trying the MILD technique out of the e-book. I've been repeating "the next scene will be a dream" in my head until I feel like I'm about to fall asleep. Sometimes it's had to know when I'm about to fall asleep, and I don't seem to hypnagogia very often so I can't really use that as a guide. I do notice that sometimes as I'm "chanting" the phrase I start to mess it up and say the wrong thing, or thoughts or images (some very abstract ones!) tend to want to push in. Is that a sign I should move on to the visualization step?

3) This is probably a stupid question, but I had the day and night MP3s and want to make sure I'm using them correctly. I plan on using "night" on for before I go to bed at night and the "day" ones for the afternoon nap. I plan to play them when I go to bed. Is that the idea?

Kinda long, sorry. :)

J

lhas3

Postby lhas3 » 09 Jun 2014 10:31

Hey,
Not really sure how this forum works and haven't really had a look around. I had my first Intentional lucid dream a couple of nights ago. I was always interested in LD but never really had the patience or time to get involved. A few weeks ago I researched a reoccurring sleep problem to find that I suffer from sleep paralysis often. I made the connection between that and the WILD technique and thought I’d give it a shot. I knew that my dreams were most active when I went back to bed in the morning. I just lay there focusing on my eyes and the visions until I entered what I imagined was sleep paralysis. I freaked out……I felt as if I couldn’t catch my breath and I could feel my teeth clenching. After a couple of attempts I ended up feeling extreme vibrations until I entered a dream. As this was my focus my mind completely wigged out when it realised I had successfully transitioned. I couldn’t really control what I was doing that well….I floated for a bit but also fell. I was aware the whole time that I had been trying to enter a dream and had done so. I feel lucky that I got that far after just a month or so of research. I have a couple of questions……is it normal to feel intense vibrations and shortness of breath when your body falls asleep? I think I understand the best times and method to keep trying but how do I gain more control? The lucid dream I had was still very hazy and I went with it rather than directing it. Cheers in advance…the human brain huh!!! Lewi

nattsy

Postby nattsy » 20 Jun 2014 13:18

My beginners question is (get ready for this), iv been ld for about 20 years iv had 100+ ld ( lost count about 15 years ago) and i thought i was the only one ,i don't do any techniques or practice, and recently found out that im what u call , A natural. ?????? WHAT IS GOING ON!!!please help
[color=#8000FF] 20years on and 100+ld, i found out im a natural? "Ye what ever"i said

I'M PANICKING

Mind= BLOWN

Postby I'M PANICKING » 23 Jun 2014 17:18

So Yesterday I decided to try out for the first time Lucid Dreaming.
It worked. I looked at my hands, wich where blurry, and shouted "I'M DREAMING". The moment I said that, everything disappeared, in other words, I got over excited. So that lasted for about 5 seconds? I need help on how to keep this feeling calm, and what also bothers me, is the fact that once awake, I felt my brain working at millions of Synpasis and then this buzzing on the ear and "heavy brain/head".
Is this normal for begginers?

Please Excuse my English

GalMutzafy

Re: Mind= BLOWN

Postby GalMutzafy » 23 Jun 2014 22:34

I'M PANICKING wrote:So Yesterday I decided to try out for the first time Lucid Dreaming.
It worked. I looked at my hands, wich where blurry, and shouted "I'M DREAMING". The moment I said that, everything disappeared, in other words, I got over excited. So that lasted for about 5 seconds? I need help on how to keep this feeling calm, and what also bothers me, is the fact that once awake, I felt my brain working at millions of Synpasis and then this buzzing on the ear and "heavy brain/head".
Is this normal for begginers?

Please Excuse my English

First of all, you tried one day and got a lucid dream? if yes that's just amazing!

Second, it's common that in the first lucid dreams you get excited and wake up, I had it too.

Next time you realize you are dreaming, breath and don't run around and scream and tell every dream character that.

Try to rub your hands, touch dream surroundings, shout ''clarity now'', maybe spin around.

It will help you, good luck.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Centroid

Please help me.

Postby Centroid » 29 Jun 2014 20:47

Hello!
First of all, I've kept a dream diary for at least 3 weeks, recording 1-2 dreams each night. I perform mindfully reality checks, on average about 5 a day. Every night I try MILD, and the day before yesterday something weird happened. In my dream I realized that I could actually be dreaming, so I was going to do the finger-into-palm check, but I stopped and reminded myself to take it slowly and really ask 'am I dreaming?'. So I did that, and then my finger pushed straight into the palm, I was beginning to get excited, and ta-daa! Nothing happens. So I tried many other RCs, shouted 'I'm dreaming!' with absolutely no success. I woke up because I was so disappointed... The exact same thing happened yesterday, so it can't be an odd one out, or an anomaly. Why did this happen? Please help me.
Thank you,
Centroid

Return to “For Beginners”