Dream Meetings

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
deschainXIX

Re: Dream Meetings

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Jun 2014 15:29

Yeah, imagine if shared dreaming were actually possible. We'd have to make all kinds of new laws and change so many things about the way we sleep.
There could be actual extractors like from "Inception" who break into people's minds and steal their information. There could be serial killers who could recreate everything Freddy Kruger does. People who are more adept at manipulating the dream world would be able to terrorize more amateur people.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 29 Jun 2014 17:25

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Jun 2014 15:40

Okay first of all you're assuming a LOT with those statements (namely that I believe in shared dreaming at all). It's called "shared dreaming." Not, someone else going into another person's mind. And also, that whole idea of you being in control and "scaring off" people that try to invade your dreams is ridiculous, seeing as you wouldn't be lucid. If they came into your dream (IF it's not shared dreaming, but simple dream invasion as you assume), they'd immediately know if you're lucid or not. If you are, they'd leave and find someone else. If not, they'd do all the things I suggested. When you're not lucid you have absolutely no power over your dream. Does that make sense to you?
Well said.

Return to “Dream Characters”