QUESTIONS WELCOME HERE!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
nikkinewlin

Re: QUESTIONS WELCOME HERE!

Postby nikkinewlin » 04 Nov 2013 23:53

I hope you are still answering questions. I have always been able to lucid dream. It was never something I thought of, and I didn't know it was something people tried to do. Any way... My cousin and I shared the same dream two nights ago. I saw her post something about a strange dream she had on facebook and texted her because I had a strange dream as well. They took place in different places but the things that were similar were 1.) The same man in both dreams 2.) the man tried to kiss us 3.) nether of us kissed him because we had significant others. Have you ever heard of this happening to people before?

Tylanni

Postby Tylanni » 20 Mar 2014 01:36

I'm so sorry, this is very late. I've been a bit busy lately. But yes! It has happened before many times! In fact, my sister and I have done that many times! I believe it is some form of mutual dreaming.:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

galactickarama

Postby galactickarama » 21 Mar 2014 22:17

Hello! I am new to this forum, not new to the idea of lucid dreaming. I have been doing research for a few months now, practicing different techniques, reading different info, etc... but I have one question. I hear a lot of people say things like " i looked in the mirror, noticed something off and realized i was dreaming!" or " I saw that i was in space, and realized I was dreaming!" or something along those lines. My question, is how are some people able to notice things out of the ordinary in dreams, take note of it, and put two and two together that they are asleep, and dreaming? I am excellent at dream recall, have a good dreaming diet, practice different techniques, etc... but this is my one problem that troubles me. - Dylan

Tylanni

Postby Tylanni » 22 Mar 2014 02:35

I actually don't use the classic reality checks anymore, and I rarely become lucid by something weird happening, besides, weird stuff is normal in dreams!

I've recently been using a different technique. You can check it out here--
http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39438

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 22 Mar 2014 02:58

Hey! What is your current lucidity rate? Sorry if this is too personal. Some people dont like to talk about it. :3

How has aging effected lucidity?
How has LDing most effected your life?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2014 17:17

galactickarama wrote:Hello! I am new to this forum, not new to the idea of lucid dreaming. I have been doing research for a few months now, practicing different techniques, reading different info, etc... but I have one question. I hear a lot of people say things like " i looked in the mirror, noticed something off and realized i was dreaming!" or " I saw that i was in space, and realized I was dreaming!" or something along those lines. My question, is how are some people able to notice things out of the ordinary in dreams, take note of it, and put two and two together that they are asleep, and dreaming? I am excellent at dream recall, have a good dreaming diet, practice different techniques, etc... but this is my one problem that troubles me. - Dylan

People become aware of this via two ways... either they've spontanously got a wee bit of their normal waking consciousness come into the dream (it only takes a very slight amount), enough for them to realise that something they are seeing in the dream isnt "normal" eg what's a dinosaur doing in the city?

Or they've programmed themselves to become more aware of the reality around them eg by doing awareness exercises in waking life which then can end up occuring in dreams and hence will make them question things more within a dream. Awareness exercise is just looking around yourself say about once an hour for a minute or less during the day to look for any weirdness.. try to find something strange. Do this regularly and you are likely to spontanously do this in dreams, which of cause then may help you to became actually aware with some waking concsciousness in the dream and hopefully make you become lucid when something is wrong.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Tylanni

Postby Tylanni » 23 Mar 2014 03:29

My lucidity rate is usually one lucid dream every night. Sometimes more, sometimes less.:)

Personally, aging hasn't affected my lucid dream much at all.

Lucid dreaming has helped me in so many ways and has often healed me. Especially emotionally. I have learned so much from lucid dreaming.

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 23 Mar 2014 05:59

Awesome. I am currently young and have about 1/night. I am wanting to have more per night, but I was always a little worried that when I get older and I can't run and play like I do now (I am 23 btw, not a little kid :P, I love all things outdoors) that I won't be resigned to books (even though i love books).

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 01 Jul 2014 03:15

Shapeshifting: everyone's thoughts, experiences, general tips, favorite parts.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

HawkEye

Postby HawkEye » 11 Jul 2014 18:21

Not really a question about lucid dreaming, but it's still relevant. Skip to last part for the question. And I'm going to word this poorly because my grammar skills are not the greatest.

I've been zooming through life and decided to give lucid dreaming another try. Earlier today I tried the simple meditation activity (first exercise on this page: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/meditation.html). I tried it about 5 times in the past two weeks and so far I think I haven't been doing it right. Today I tried it again. When I was done today, I began to notice all these details about my house that I always overlook. I became aware of how the lighting illuminated the furniture, imperfections on the floor and walls, ect. I pinched my nose as a reality check to confirm I was still awake. It was as if I had attain a higher degree of lucidity in the real world. After a while, the effect started to gradually wear off, but I'm still experiencing it as I type this post out.

Bottom line: My perception of the real world environment was elevated for a short time. Could this be considered actual progress, or is it just a placebo effect?
2 + 2 = 5

Return to “For Beginners”