Intention has dropped and I don't know how to raise it again

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob46719

Intention has dropped and I don't know how to raise it again

Postby Jacob46719 » 06 Jun 2014 22:10

As a result, I've been going through a dry spell with blurry, easily forgettable dreams. Can you guys help me get my dreams back?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Karin

Re: Intention has dropped and I don't know how to raise it a

Postby Karin » 06 Jun 2014 23:30

I have had the exact same problem in the past three weeks: few boring dreams, almost no recall, zero LDs, etc... I have also felt slightly sick physically (headaches, sleepiness, digestive issues, etc...). :(

Even though I am worried about the situation, I am assuming this low-dream situation and the physical issues are a sort of integration process (it all started the day after my last WILD, which was very intense and very novel for me), so I am trying to be patient and just allow the process, and hope dreams and motivation will start rising again when I am ready. I hope it will be soon.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 07 Jun 2014 03:28

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Timo

Postby Timo » 17 Jun 2014 19:25

When this happens to me I stop trying to make it work and relax, regain my focus through simple meditation technique's. Then all is reborn fresh and new. Relax and focus. it works for me every time. Now try again and look for me, Timo, I will be waiting.

dreamingbig

Postby dreamingbig » 01 Jul 2014 20:56

I totally relate to this. I had a period of great lucid dreaming followed by a dry spell and I started to lose my strong intention because there was no pay off, so to speak. I tried to just remind myself that it's normal to have a dry period now and then and to not try and analyze it. I decided to try the supplement Galantamine a few times (4pm after waking in the wee hours) and this helped me break the dry spell and got me excited again. I will not use the galantamine regularly because I don't want my brain chemistry to get used to it and rely on it but I believe it's not bad for you and can help rejuvenate the lucid dreaming process. Galantamine doesn't insure a lucid dream but it does increase the odds greatly and for me it worked three out of four times and the lucidity lasted longer. Now I'm having lucid dreams without it and my intention is stronger again. Good luck,
Marla

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 07 Jul 2014 20:16

this happens to me too :/ I seem to be on a monthly cycle where the middle 20 days (say form the 5th to the 25th) are low in LDs and then I pick up from the end of the month to the start of the next month-definitely linked to motivation I'm sure, but there are times when you're so busy that it's hard to find time for LDs! :s
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”