Are You Dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
JonSnowLD

Are You Dreaming?

Postby JonSnowLD » 01 Jul 2014 22:33

I just finished 'Are You Dreaming?' by Daniel Love and was interested to hear the opinions of anyone else who has read it, what you liked/didn't like? etc. I bought it after reading Rebecca's review of it on the WOLD website, and it definitely lived up to her review (I too, highly recommend it ;) )

I particularly liked the bit about 'The 3 Pillars of Lucidity' Psychology, Timing and Brain Chemistry-I'm gonna make more of an effort to meet all these criteria in the future to optimise the chance of lucidity!

I also couldn't help noticing that the World Of Lucid Dreaming website/forum got a mention in it! :D
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

LucidLink

Re: Are You Dreaming?

Postby LucidLink » 02 Jul 2014 00:45

I read it, and it was a informative read, I too like how he mapped out the three pillars, but when it to comes to books Rebecca has reviewed, there is a far better one she reviewed. Its called Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self. Its a just amazing book, I highly recommend it.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Jul 2014 11:38

It was very informative, agreed-it left me with a lot of questions I want to find out for myself though, which seemed to be what he was intending.

And if I can get hold of a copy, I'll check it out! I just read the review on the website and it looks interesting-but then, all the books on there do!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jul 2014 08:15

What did he say about this forum and what are these 'Three Pillars'?
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 03 Jul 2014 10:28

It was basically just a passing reference where he was naming some of the biggest online resources for LDing-still pretty cool though ;)

The three pillars are basically what the author is saying are the things that need to be in place to have the best chance for an LD. The first one is psychology (techniques like MILD, and reality checks etc.), then there's timing (when is best to try having an LD), and finally brain chemistry (how alert your mind is and how capable it is of rational thought/critical thinking).

He is saying that when all these 'pillars' are in place, that's the best time to become lucid. I hope I explained that ok... He explains it much better in the book itself! :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”