Need help, and my experiences so far

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jax

Need help, and my experiences so far

Postby Jax » 01 Jul 2014 20:49

I recently just found out about lucid dreaming about a week ago from watching the 'American Dad' episode where Steve begins to lucid dream every time he sees a red ball bouncing in his sleep. It got me interested so I Google 'lucid dreaming' I was so mystified by everything, just how you can create your own dreamscape. My personal goal is to be able to control the elements, for example the show 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' the characters are able to control wind, water, fire, and earth. So because of my recent sleeping schedule I hadn't been able to try any techniques except for DILD, but last night I read up on WILD-WBTB. I took some supplements,Vitamin B6, melatonin, and valerien root andwent to sleep at about 2am and woke up at about 8am and took another capsule of B6 and stayed awake reading about the WILD technique for half an hour and then attempted it, anxious as ever. This is where I ran into problems, I laid on my back and counted my breaths (is it possible to be concentrating TOO hard on counting?) being distracted by thoughts here and there, I began to feel a sort of rushing over me at some point and I opened my eyes, frightened that I might be in paralysis, so dumb of me lol. I tried it again to no avail and flipped onto my stomach, which is how I usually sleep, and tried it from there. Still didn't work, so I decided to go to sleep and try it again the next day.
My dreams (Beware, they're bizzare):
I went to some land or place with 2 of my friends, we had felt discomfort towards each other lately, and they wanted me to try on football equipment I knew something was up so the first thing they wanted me to try was the pants which were actually baseball pants. Should've caught onto that it was a dream there. When I put the pants on they lifted me up and threw me out of the room. The room didn't have a roof/walls but had a floor and when they threw me off of it it was moving at a fast speed yet was staying in the same place. When they did this I was angry so I turned around and they were in a slender cage with no roof and wheels. I grabbed a football helmet and hit them both in the head with it twice. I left them alone and went to some room with people in it, can't really remember this part, after that a guy called me out side, looked like a guy I had seen. He asked me why I did it and I told him why and he said you're wrong, after you hit then twice you went back and hit them 22 times in the head with the helmet, would've killed them. Was scared to go back to my truck and when I did I had left it on gas was below a quarter. Crazy lol. After that I woke up completely and just reflected on it and I suddenly remembered a small part of another dream. I remember seeing a man and I was standing on a plane of grass, wasn't very clear or vivid. I remember trying to fly, using the jumping technique, getting higher and higher with each jump. Im not completely sure if I was lucid or not, any insight from anyone would he good. Thank you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Snaggle

Re: Need help, and my experiences so far

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jul 2014 08:14

Jax wrote:'''... It got me interested so I Google 'lucid dreaming' I was so mystified by everything, just how you can create your own dreamscape. ... I hadn't been able to try any techniques except for DILD, but last night I read up on WILD-WBTB.... and stayed awake reading about the WILD technique for half an hour and then attempted it, anxious as ever. This is where I ran into problems, I laid on my back and counted my breaths (is it possible to be concentrating TOO hard on counting?) being distracted by thoughts here and there, I began to feel a sort of rushing over me at some point and I opened my eyes, frightened that I might be in paralysis, so dumb of me lol. ...

There are several ways to create a dreamscape; I limit myself to those I've actually used:

#1 Incubate it while awake - the more saturated you are with thoughts and images of it the more likely you are to just spontaneously create it when dreaming.

#2 Create it with visualization - if you make it in your mind it will appear in your dream.

#3 Start with a real place that you dream about anyway and then just to change it piece by piece and will your return to it while luci.

#4 One can just will the whole thing into existence at once and explore what has been created by your willing it to exist and change it piece by piece too if you want.

#5 Image there's a door to the dreamscape you want or another dreamscape behind a door and just open it and step through.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

casey

Re: Need help, and my experiences so far

Postby casey » 09 Jul 2014 04:34

Jax wrote:I recently just found out about lucid dreaming about a week ago from watching the 'American Dad' episode where Steve begins to lucid dream every time he sees a red ball bouncing in his sleep.

That's how I first learned of lucid dreaming too.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”