And hey, why not?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

And hey, why not?

Postby Sil » 03 Jul 2014 13:34

Hey guys!

I joined this forum primarily to ask a question about issues regarding my vision in dreams, but I can see myself using this forum in the future, so hey, might as well introduce myself, right?

My name is Ben. I go by Sil online in various places. I'm 16 years old, and I've been intentionally practicing lucid dreaming off and on for about a year now, with little luck, until as of late, when I've ventured into the world of binaural beats and hypnosis to assist me.

To date, I've had about 11 lucid dreams. 5 of which were immediately followed by a dream escape (as I wasn't aware of lucid dreaming at the time). 2 after that had me locked in my dreams, which was honestly kind of terrifying, but I didn't realize that my body needed some time to sleep. The other 4 were actual lucid dreams, meaning I actually knew about (and practiced( lucid dreaming when they occurred.

Needless to say, I'm not quite there yet. In the future, I'd like to see myself be able to go fully lucid and keep it there long enough to do something cool.

Unlike many people that I've heard from, I don't have the issues of getting overly excited when I lucid dream or panicking when I'm stuck in sleep paralysis. I've been a relatively chill guy with that stuff, and any adrenaline I get from those experiences typically come after they're finished. The closest I got to fully achieving a lucid dream was a few weeks ago, and I took the time to stop and think about what I needed to do. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember much from what I had read on solidifying my lucidity, so that could have been the leading reason I didn't achieve lucidity for long (also I was moments away from running out of sleep time anyways, so that probably didn't help).

Unlike many people, I'm not interested in lucid dreaming for the ability to communicate with my subconscious or gain helpful insights (though I would like to use it to overcome my probably irrational fear of the 8-legged demons). Instead, I'm more interested in experiencing something awesome. Being something I'd want to be, doing something I'd want to do, all in a safe and infinite environment. Of course, I understand that before I can do that, I've gotta learn the "rules of the road" for my brain, and I'm willing to let my brain take me for a little ride for a while, just so long as I'm fully there.

Another thing that sets me apart from many is that I actually have no interest in flying dreams or sexual dreams (duh, I'm 16). While flying is cool, and I wouldn't mind giving it a try at some point, it's certainly not on my list of "things to do as soon as I get lucid dreaming down".

I probably suffer from insomnia, but I have not been formally diagnosed with it. Odds are, though, I probably just have a wacky sleep schedule. I tend to only need about 6 hours of sleep per night. Any more makes me drowsy. So I tend to go to bed at 6 AM, and wake up at noon. Probably not the best habit, but it's here.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you guys, and reading up on your guys' tips and tricks. :)

Re: And hey, why not?

Postby JonSnowLD » 07 Jul 2014 20:07

Hey welcome to the forum! I too, have not got to the point where I want to explore my subconscious yet in lucid dreaming (mainly because I want full control of the dream before I do, a bit like you). Interesting that you are not that into the idea of flying-it's my go to activity in a lucid dream! fair enough if you have other stuff to do but definitely try it out at least once cause you might like it ;) anyway, see you around!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “Introduce Yourself”