If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Postby Thief » 16 May 2011 20:16

Hey guys and gals. i've been having what i think is called sleep paralysis for over a year now, where i try to wake up but i end up back in bed lying down. this would happen multiple times. a few days ago i realized i was in sleep paralysis and dreaming. then it turned into a lucid dream. i sort of did this again today. after the first lucid dream of this type, i decided i wanted to try to meet people maybe doing the same thing. i had a weird but wonderful dream, also a little depressing. do you guys think lucid dreaming is possibly another world and we can communicate with eachother? matrix lol..... let me know what you guys think. peace.

Re: Hi!

Postby Jonathan » 17 May 2011 03:31

Thief wrote:do you guys think lucid dreaming is possibly another world and we can communicate with eachother? matrix lol..... let me know what you guys think. peace.

I think it's still our same world. As for people communicating with each other - many people have reported doing so! I haven't come across anyone who was able to somehow prove it, so we have to take it at face value, but it's an interesting idea and there are lots of reports about it. Could all of these people by lying and/or crazy? I have my doubts! :)

Welcome to the forum. 8-)

Postby William » 18 May 2011 02:15

It's my belief that there are different stages of the unconsciousness. I keep my unconscious state defined in three parts. Dreams; when our unconsciousness unwinds or processes the events of past days or emotions we may be going through. Lucid dreams; the ability to create our on world, and Out of body travel; where we do communicate with the multiverse. Daskalos believed that all dreams were communication with beings in other dimensions. No matter what you believe, nothing can be accomplished without practice.
At 5 or 6 years old, I began having very vivid dreams. They were very colorful filling all my senses and usually had an intense plot. Years later I became an avid lucid dreamer and worked my way to OBE's. Visit me @ http://expandurmind.com/

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 03:11

In this game, imo, the power of suggestion and personal belief seems to be very powerful. Even as a skeptic, and an Engineering student " belief in facts first" I totally believe in lucid dreaming, because of the scientific evidence by Dr's on the subject. As for communication via dreams, i dunno... Maybe if the person is physically nearby?
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Return to “For Beginners”