White Noise?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

White Noise?

Postby Hunts4dinos » 24 Dec 2012 05:29

I fall asleep listening to white noise. It is a waterfall sound, but to most people it just sounds like TV static. Will this affect my dreaming, hypnagognia, or anything else?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Re: White Noise?

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2012 11:40

It can help you to relax but it can also make you fall asleep. Personally, I wouldn't have it if I'm employing the WILD method as that would disturb me. That is also the reason why I don't use and don't rely on binaural beats and other non-autonomous methods of reaching the lucid state - but that's just me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Kim R. Smith

Postby Kim R. Smith » 05 Jul 2014 12:15

Yeh it helps... I also use raining or water falling white noise to sleep & to keep me from waking up from all the traffic on our busy street.

Postby Konrdkronos11 » 05 Jul 2014 23:06

Helps me fall asleep but then again after I get sleepy it gets annoying and moving to turn it off wakes me back up

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”