What is your super power?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

What is your super power?

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2012 04:54

Within a lucid dream we are all-powerful super heroes.

We are GOD so to speak.

BUT THERE ARE LIMITATIONS!

I can move objects with my mind, (telekinesis), I can move water and land. But one thing I have never been able to do is shoot lasers out of my fingers. Or lightening or anything.

I can bend the world around me (I can even make people's head explode... I'm a nice guy... but it's just a vivid video game...), but I just can't produce lightening or a laser from my finger tips and I wonder if it has something to do with creating light within the dream which contradicts the dreamscape. I mean, when in a lucid dream, there is no sun to reflect the light. Everything emits light. All objects or people or things are a light source.

I wonder if it is just me or if anyone can create lasers or lightening?

THIS SOUNDS WEIRD, BUT NOT TO ME AND THIS IS THE PLACE TO ASK, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT WEIRD EITHER.... well... we are all a little weird.......

BUT ANYWAY, WHETHER YOU CAN ANSWER ME OR NOT....

WHAT IS YOUR SUPER POWER OF CHOICE IN A LUCID DREAM?

If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SarahDank

Re: What is your super power?

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 07:12

I have used Fire from the hands, and being able to make any weapon i desire to appear in my hands.
It would be pretty cool to make the lightning though.

Maybe you should try turning it into night time? and then doing it?

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Jan 2012 18:53

I have always believed that I have an infinite amount of power in a lucid dream... so I don't think there are ANY limits. I don't have a favourite... I focus my time in lucid dreams helping people solve their problems. It gives me a sense of peace and tranquility. Once my destiny in the specific dream is completed I play around until I wake up (eg eating talking flying) PS; I treat the dream characters as my equals. :D
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 27 Jan 2012 20:25

Being Batman in a dream always beats having superpowers. lol :lol:
There is no spoon.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 28 Jan 2012 03:21

Chrispy wrote:Being Batman in a dream always beats having superpowers. lol :lol:

Ra's al ghul is better-Batman is too whimpy and merciful ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFJiEPxwbg
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 28 Jan 2012 06:17

lol, I agree with you on that one, but only in that movie. I'm was thinking about more of a, "comic version." ;)
There is no spoon.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jan 2012 06:53

OK. let's get back on track. But first, let's see who the biggest nerd is!

I tried to shoot a Kamehameha, like Goku from Dragon Ball Z, but it is always too small and does no damage.

I can never do the pop-culture stuff we see on T.V...... Except the 'FORCE' from StarWars. Or element bending from 'Avatar the last Airbender'... (except fire, which is emission of light. But I wonder if others can 'fire bend' so to speak but have trouble doing other things. It could be our personalities or beliefs that limit us.) Where was I?, o yea, the FORCE. I can make things come to my hand. But a light-saber emits light and yet is solid and it is hard to conjure in a lucid dream for me.

But the stuff that I see on T.V. that emit light and have energy, don't work out in a dream, because there is no true light or true energy in a dream. It could just be me limiting myself, because I know physics don't exist in a dream.

Well, the physics of light and energy, don't exist the same way.
but 'Gravity' is easy to overcome.

IS IT JUST ME THOUGH?
This is poorly written and hard to express.... Maybe somebody out there gets some of this.
Last edited by HAGART on 28 Jan 2012 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 28 Jan 2012 06:58

It's funny you would say that because I've never been able to get lightsabers to work in my Lucid Dreams either. But I agree, I think we're just limiting ourselves. But yeah, I can make the force work too, just not the electronics.

Perhaps you just need to turn super saiyan for the Kamehameha to work? (Or make your mind think it will work.)
There is no spoon.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 29 Jan 2012 04:02

I've done the laser beams from my finger tips, but it hurts, so I don't like doing that. However, among my most frequently used abilities is shape changing. I can turn into animals, monsters or in some instances take on the appearance of any other person at will. I find that I most often use it to escape attention, and sometimes as a means of self defence. Not too long ago I changed into a big dragon to blend in with a bunch of other monsters, so they wouldn't bug me.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 29 Jan 2012 22:00

I threw a tiger into outer space. Funny thing is, I read a newspaper article 3 months later about a guy dreaming he was in India and a tiger flew across the horizon and landed next to him. This is a true story. I cut out the article and put next to my dream journal entry!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”