Dream environment changing everytime i open window

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Dream environment changing everytime i open window

Postby Highlander » 06 Jul 2014 20:49

Sometimes my dreams start where i went to sleep, in my bed and with the room conditions (lights off, window closed, shades closed). They're mostly WILDs. Because i want to go explore, i always open the shades and see what's in the outside of my house. It's always different. I love it. Sometimes i see a park, other times a city, a landscape, mountains, etc. What i find curious is that, sometimes i find a sad environment, or an apocalyptic environment, sometimes it's dark and raining, other times all i see is a city flooded, or a desert...
I wonder if this has something to do with my subconscious, if there's a reason for sometimes showing me a sunny day and beautiful park full of trees and flowers and sometimes showing me a dark ambient with destruction and bad weather.
Do you know why? Has this happened to you?

HAGART

Re: Dream environment changing everytime i open window

Postby HAGART » 09 Jul 2014 04:27

Long story short, I don't know why. I can, however, guess.

For me, it's not a window, but the front door. (But it's the same thing).

My bed looks normal, there might be a chair out of place in the room without realizing it, but I just walk to my front door and that is now my big reality check.

It's always different! And that's where my dreamscape starts. I never know what will happen when I open that door and leave the mundane environment behind after I get a WILD, or Lucid False Awakening, or even a Lucid False Sleeping, or OBE, (all the same thing). Once I leave my front door, that's where my adventure starts.....

My theory is that memory and imagination or intertwined. I imagine my memories. I create a story to link me as a 5 year old to who I am today, but it's really all in my head. Same as Object Permanence, where you know something is there, even though you can't see it. You hold places and objects in your minds. So the dream bed, dream room, were pretty much accurate representations and can fool us, and are based on our memories and our last known location, but once you look 'outside' whether it be a window or a door, your imagination fills in the blanks. And in a LD, things like memory and imagination are spliced together so seamlessly that it's hard to notice.

But you noticed, and so do I.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”