Travels of a Dreamwalker - karen659

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
karen659

Re: Travels of a Dreamwalker - karen659

Postby karen659 » 31 Dec 2011 18:11

2011_12_31 164) Daniel and Dog; Retrieval to Save a Life

I’m so excited to share this latest experience, as it has left me with wonderful glowing feelings of such satisfaction and happiness! Not only did I get to have my flying fun and freedom again, which I have missed for the past few months, but also a sense of completion and satisfaction for possibly helping at least one person, if not more, continue on with life.

Waking about 3:30am, I decided since it was now the last day of 2011 that I’d like to have an OBE experience where I could again help someone, but also desired to experience for myself the joy of flying free again!

I had read an book before bed about Robert Monroe’s beginning with astral travel, and remember finding it amusing that he’d roll out similar to what I do, but then knew he was out of body when he found he didn’t end up with a ‘plunk’ on the floor!!  This memory was retained with this experience, after I used an astral induction tape and within a short time found myself floating and ready to roll out.

I rolled off to the left, remembering, like Monroe, that if I didn’t fall to the floor, I was out!! Lol (Amazing how these memories are retained!) I was ecstatic and floated gently to the ceiling, now also remembering how Monroe would use just his mind (not my usual affirmations) to move. I found that, like him, if I ‘thought’ about moving down I did and then just thinking up, I did that!! I’ve done it many times before, but because I had just read this before sleep, I remembered reading about it and doing it.

Eventually, I had enough of the slow playtime and decided I wanted some real fun! I zoomed quickly straight up through the ceiling and roof and into the starry sky above!!! I was free again!!! Zooming so fast, flying and flipping, I was in sheer heaven with my flying….swooping and diving, elated that I was able to do so again after such a long dry spell!!

After a time, I found myself back in my bed, but still with vibrations. I realized someone was next to me again! I put out my arm to feel who was there as I asked, ‘who’s there?’ I felt an arm, emaciated, thin and very weak and then heard someone answering me.

Because the induction tape was still going on, I felt I had ‘plugs’ in my ears and was unable to hear him above the sounds. I repeated my question, now realizing it was an older very thin, frail male on my left who said his name was ‘Daniel’.

I remember we spoke for a bit, but don’t recall the conversation, but suddenly heard a sound coming from the doorway! A spry rambunctious dog, medium-sized with curly white hair all over, jumped with his front paws on the bottom of the bed to my right! He was so cute, and I turned from Daniel to pet him and make friends. I could actually feel his paws on my arm!

I didn’t realize that I was losing a ‘connection’ with Daniel, and when turning back, heard a change in the induction tape (hate that when it happens!) that signaled more awareness and possible waking. I willed myself to continue on, calling for Daniel, and was thrilled to find he returned when I looked back to my left.

Talking more, I asked how I could help him. He responded that he was very much afraid of the ‘big dog’ downstairs. I felt I needed to get him to move on, and so asked if I could bring him safely somewhere. He was reluctant, feeling like I couldn’t do it myself, so I remembered that I could ask for a guide to assist me.

I told Daniel I had a ‘friend’ who was well trained with dogs and could assist us in getting there. I looked around the room, hoping to see someone who was going to help us, but no one showed!! I felt a bit concerned that no one was showing, but Daniel thought it was rather funny, and so he said, “Well, I guess I’ll just have to let you take me!”

I took him by the hand, walked across the bedroom, out into the hall and down the stairs. I remember feeling a very slight tingle of fear as to what I might find as I entered the living room. However, I continued on and found there was nothing unusual in my living room.

Without stopping, we walked hand in hand to my front door, now wondering if he knew we could just pass through or if I should stop to try to open it! As we got nearer to the door, I decided I’d just continue on and we both passed easily through the door to the cool outdoors.

I was surprised to find myself no longer in my front yard, but somewhere outside near a road in front of us. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do with Daniel! I asked him, “Do you see anyone looking for you?” thinking someone had to be here for him! He didn’t see anyone, and all I saw was a small private plane and helicopter flying overhead to my right.

Suddenly, Daniel takes off to the road in front of me. I just stand in amazement and watch the events unfold. I see a SUV type vehicle on the road in front of me facing to the left, with the driver’s door open facing me. I see two men inside, the driver struggling to get free of the seatbelt and the passenger lying unconscious across the bench seat. There are flames shooting up from under the dash engulfing them!

Daniel is now on top of the unconscious passenger, frantically extinguishing the flames all around him with his hands. He frees the driver’s seatbelt so he can exit the vehicle. I watch Daniel still inside, on top of the passenger, now with all the flames extinguished and beaming a huge satisfied smile back at me! Daniel is no longer a thin emaciated old man, but a robust and young healthy young man! I can feel his happiness and joy with successfully saving this passenger’s life.

Looking around, there are people milling about watching this happen with me. A female silently walks by me and a man standing nearby looks at me and says, “I’ve always said this was a hazard that should have been taken care of”, which I felt to mean something dangerous about the area or the vehicle.

The entire scene faded soon thereafter, but I can still recall with such joy the satisfaction and pride that I saw on Daniel’s face. I truly don’t know what this all meant, but the glow I am left with tells me something was a big success!

Thanks for reading!
Karen
www.karen659.blogspot.com
Facebook: Karen SixFiveNine
"The more we learn, the more limitless the Universe becomes!"

karen659

Postby karen659 » 11 Jan 2012 02:01

2012_01_08 165) Cats and Puzzles

I thought I'd share a quick experience I had a few mornings ago. It began with a visit from some feline friends, with becoming aware of a huge cat climbing up onto my chest! Sitting there purring to get my attention, I then found myself in a room a with three other cats. I could not actually ‘see’ these animals but sensed their energies and presence.

While bending to pet each one, I could ‘feel’ their tingly vibrational energy and ‘hear’ them make a deep meowing sound. In real life, there are no cats currently in my house and these all felt to be ‘new’ to me, not past cats I have had, nor any that have visited me before while OOB.

After the 'cat' experience, I was in and out of different 'phases' a few times that night, remembering watching hoards of people marching into a castle while I flew to the rafters. Feeling unpleasant energies here, I tried to zoom to the moon, but with much difficulty in moving then decided I’d affirm, “to my higher self!” to see where I’d go.

What happened is, I found myself aware of lying on my bed and seeing my astral arms lifted above me. I felt too heavy to move out, but then had the rare occurrence of 'astral vision' where I know I'm in a deep state on the bed with my eyes closed, but able to see and sense clearing what is in front of me.

What I see initially is a BEAUTIFUL puzzle of glorious colors with intricate pieces being put together in a stunning display of beauty that then comes to life once complete in a spectacular display of harmony and communication.

My next vision is a more 'basic' puzzle, not nearly as intricate, with black and white cartoon characters on it (I remember Foghorn Leghorn and Chip & Dale! lol). In the upper left corner are some missing pieces and even a few pieces that are jammed in wrong but made to fit.

The words, "Karen's first puzzle" are there, and I remember feeling total elation as I realize the puzzle is now complete enough for the cartoon characters to come to life, which they did similar to the more elaborate puzzle display I saw just previously!

My feelings with this experience are that the basic cartoon puzzle may be my beginner's (childlike) attempt to put the pieces together with the many facets of life experiences and knowledge I am creating. Despite my early attempts in life to 'force fit' some puzzle pieces and still with a few missing ones, I AM perhaps successful in gaining enough 'form' (knowledge) to make it all work (come to life)!

Thanks for reading!
Karen
Facebook: Karen Sixfivenine

karen659

Postby karen659 » 22 Jan 2012 19:27

January 22, 2012 166) Learning Control Again with Awareness Now

I am learning a lot about myself over the past few weeks, including the fact that I need to learn to ‘let go’ of many things that no longer serve me. Now on my own in life and feeling the freedom and joy of learning who I truly am, I find I am being given many new opportunities for growth and spiritual development.

This OBE this morning was not much to write about, however, it impressed me in that I learned a few things about how I look at my experiences. The very first time I woke after a few hours’ sleep, I remember dreaming I was driving my car (as usual!) and found myself in an area that I had no recollection of how I got there! I remember thinking, ‘uh oh, this isn’t good, to have driven this far and have no memory of how I got here!’…which should have been my signal for a reality check, but I totally lost the opportunity and woke completely.

In waking, I realized this lost opportunity and was determined to get back into the right mindset to get OOB. It took a long time, and much effort before I finally heard in my head to ‘just let go’. Figuring this meant I wasn’t going to get OOB tonight, I rolled over and went to sleep.

Very soon thereafter (I think!), I became aware of a ‘lighter sensation’ and that ‘knowing’ that this is it!! I tempered my excitement knowing I was getting ready, and then felt the slight ‘tingles’ that I now get in place of full vibrations. I remember thinking again, ‘finally! Yes! It’s happening!’

I was fully alert, yet knew all I had to do was raise my astral arms for confirmation, which I did. Wasting no time, I rolled out off the bed to my left, and affirmed, ‘to the door!’ Moving along, I realized I was still ‘fuzzy’, with vision that kept fading, so affirmed ‘Awareness now!’ multiple times as I moved into the hallway and down the stairs. I was amazed how that simple statement could clear up any fog in my thinking and vision.

Now at the bottom of the stairs, it opens into a large room, not my house. I see offices off to the side, and hear radio/music playing. Moving into the larger room that felt to be a ‘gathering place’, I’m looking around at all the various objects within it (not that I can remember what they are now!).

As I get across the room, I figure there has to be someone here, so mentally holler, “Is anyone here?” Right away, I hear a male voice excitedly yell back, ‘Yes! We’re over here!’

In the far corner, I see two elderly men in wheelchairs. I get the feeling of a ‘nursing home’ or sorts we are in, and they are old time veterans who live here. As I approach, I start talking to them about who they are and why they are here. I don’t recollect any specific conversation, because I am focused on the fact that my vision and awareness keeps fading.

Determined to see who these men are, I demanded emphatically, “AWARENESS NOW!!” and I was excited to see my vision came back clear and crisp immediately! The one gentleman was of solid build, with very short white hair, and a friendly smile that told me he was thrilled to see me. The other gentleman was smaller, with longer dark hair and perhaps a Hispanic background.

Now, I really am sorry I don’t remember much of our conversation as I was doing more thinking about me and my ‘status’ at the time! While talking, I thought maybe I should be doing something else, like affirming ‘to my Higher Self’ which would help me more.

With that, I remember saying “to my Higher Self’ but I could FEEL and hear it spoken with my physical body! My physical lips moved with that affirmation and it totally threw my consciousness into full physical reality. I was back in body and unable to re-enter this experience.

I can still picture these two gentlemen, however, as the clarity of my vision was amazing. I only wish I had taken some time to remember what we discussed!

karen659

Postby karen659 » 26 Jan 2012 20:05

January 26, 2012

I thought I'd share a quick experience this morning, one that I wasn’t going to post, until my friends at the Astral Projectors group in Facebook said I should! So here goes…

Since I didn't have to get up early today, I was trying a different technique for lucid dreaming, one where you set a timer to go off at intervals to help with awareness (great site: http://www.lucidology.com/blog/91/lucid-dream-timer-method/)

During the night I can remember having LOTs of dreams which was an improvement already, but one in particular was quite memorable. I was helping someone with 'negative spirits' that were bothering him, and was showing him how you just needed to have no fear when they started 'taking control'.

I don't have specific details, but remember myself having that slight tinge of fear when one would come, but then emphatically stating, 'stop!' or 'release now' to get them to comply. One 'spirit' that was insistent took my astral arm and was shaking it violently which concerned me, but again, I somehow got the courage to say "stop!" and send love which dissipated it.

As I moved in my bedroom toward my body, I looked up to see my grandmother (who passed many years ago) enter the room! I was astonished, as I've not seen any family members ever in spirit. Actually, she looked so different than she did (much younger look and I never recall her looking like that) but somehow I knew it was her. We were sitting together and my only memory was excitedly telling her all about what I was doing and how I had "figured out how the nervous system worked"! (?)

It was a very short talk and I was pulled back quickly to body (as I think I was so close to my 'self' in bed) but ultimately was thrilled to awaken and know I met with her! My first time meeting someone in my family that has passed on!

karen659

Postby karen659 » 19 Feb 2012 20:14

168) Wine Effects, Sending Energy Attempt

I have to start this experience with some background so as you can understand maybe why things happened as they did.

I had not expected to get OOB this morning, so had no focus or intention set as to what exactly I would do if I did. That is a key point in maintaining a degree of control when you start your induction, although I have to add, that I also had had a few glasses of wine prior to bed and think that my ‘consciousness’ was also not fully ‘awake’ to maintain the control either!! Lol

I remember waking about 4am and needing something to drink, having already dreamed I had downed an entire bottle with gusto! Lol I felt awake enough to think about possibly attempting to get OOB, but knew that many times alcohol impacts your ability to do so, so didn’t focus too much on trying.

Getting back to sleep, I remember starting to feel a ‘swaying’ motion…actually thinking, ‘oh dear! I did have too much to drink’!! lol But then knew that this rocking motion could easily be amplified and turned into an OBE, so worked on doing that.

I felt my upper torso swaying back and forth, and then focused on moving even a hand or foot astrally. It was enough that I soon became aware of BOTH my legs being held straight upright off the bed!!! At first I wasn’t sure I was even asleep, that maybe I really HAD raised my legs this high!

Knowing this wasn’t likely, I just assumed it was my astral body, and tried to roll out. It was a bit difficult to separate, but eventually I did find myself standing in my bedroom facing to door to leave. Realizing I was out, I was thrilled, and found myself starting to float up and through the bedroom ceiling.

However, just before exiting the room, I remembered what Jaime in the Astral Projectors group on Facebook did once. He was able to send him own sleeping body healing energy while he was out, and I wanted to do that too!

I turned around and easily saw my body lying on the bed under the covers. For some reason, my face was covered or not clearly visible. (Again, as you may know from previous posts, I believe it is my own preference NOT to see my face as it is possible my ‘mind’ may not be able to process the actual fact that I am in two places at once without return to body).

I move closer to the bed, with the intention of sending energy to my body, but was shocked to feel that the closer I got to my body on the bed, the less ability I had to ‘see’ it clearly, as it appeared to emit some sort of wavy distorted energy or vibrations that did not feel good.

I knew enough to not press this attempt, as you know with any type of ‘negative’ response you are likely to return to body, so I turned back around and continued to float up and out of the bedroom ceiling.

Now, I was not in control of where I was going, whether lack of intent or too much wine, but I found myself outside the house in the dark above my front yard. I could see a ray of light with what looked like rain coming down in the lit area, and moved closer to see what it was.

Entering the light, I could see it was a ‘spotlight’ of sorts off to the side of the yard, and I could feel the ‘tingles’ of what I thought was rain. (In real life, it was not raining at that time, so I have no idea what it was)

Flying through the trees that line my property, I hear children walking along the road behind my house and moved to go see what was going on with them. I thought, because it was early morning, that perhaps they were on their way to the school bus stop. I thought it was sad that they had to walk to the bus stop in such darkness.

It was at that time I was totally taken into a lucid dream that I have very little recall of once awake. In hindsight, I do think that perhaps my ‘woozy’ body was emitting those peculiar energy waves due to its destabilized state, and the lack of control and my memories of the LD were also affected.

However, I am happy that at least I remembered to try to send energy to my body when out, so that means maybe next time with an improved physical body and mind, I’ll succeed!

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 20 Feb 2012 18:50

Do you think it's possible that you're having very vivid, lucid dreams with a recurring theme of being out-of-body? The small inconsistencies and changes to your surroundings seem to be hinting at that somewhat. Also, your mind, one would assume, knows its in "two places at once" if you're aware of or believe to be out-of-body. Having said that, my point is that I don't understand why your face would need to be blurred out or obscured. I've found that in reading OOB accounts, they have very similar themes to lucid dreams, and, for the most part, one could argue that there isn't a way to prove that theyre not. Just curious here, as I don't have much OOB personal experience. =) thanks for any feedback!

karen659

Postby karen659 » 21 Feb 2012 00:55

Intrepid wrote:Do you think it's possible that you're having very vivid, lucid dreams with a recurring theme of being out-of-body? The small inconsistencies and changes to your surroundings seem to be hinting at that somewhat. Also, your mind, one would assume, knows its in "two places at once" if you're aware of or believe to be out-of-body. Having said that, my point is that I don't understand why your face would need to be blurred out or obscured. I've found that in reading OOB accounts, they have very similar themes to lucid dreams, and, for the most part, one could argue that there isn't a way to prove that theyre not. Just curious here, as I don't have much OOB personal experience. =) thanks for any feedback!

Thanks for the questions and comments...and I'll be honest and say that I don't truly know what to 'label' any of my experiences, as I really feel strongly that by labeling any of it, it gives a sort of 'definite structure' to my beliefs...and with this type of experience, I feel I need to remain open to any and all aspects...to not shut off possibilities or understanding by trying to analyze it to make it 'fit' some definition.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense it could be, but then, IMO, every single experience will be as individual as the person who has it is! I truly don't delineate between LD's and OBE's much, because it's truly only a matter of personal 'feeling' as to what occurred that mattered. Yes, there ARE many similarities and differences between them, however, if I take the time to analyze and try to extrapolate levels of 'realness', then I'm likely to 'dismiss' some small aspect that may have been important in its understanding to me and my life.

There is SO much we do not know about our energetic bodies and our abilities....and so much, IMO, depends on our degree of 'connection' and 'vibration' to allow us different filtering of the information that comes to us. We could have the SAME experience, while in two different levels of 'connection' and come away with different interpretations....

As for me not seeing myself, I can't explain it how I know, but somehow I DO have this feeling, and always have had it, that should I 'see' myself in bed, it will end the experience immediately....and once out, I'm not in ANY hurry to have it end!! lol

Thanks again for the comment...hope it explains my view well enough to answer your question! :) -K

karen659

Postby karen659 » 21 Feb 2012 00:56

February 20, 2012 169) Emotionally Intense OBE; Helping a Child

I woke as I sometimes do about 3 am and had difficulty falling back asleep. Figuring it was a good time to try for another OBE, I affirmed my intention to help others if I could as I always like to do.

Just as I was falling back to sleep, in that in-between state of asleep and awake, I thought I heard someone calling ‘mom’ or ‘ma’..…a little voice crying out, and when I heard it again, I said “I’m here!” with my thoughts. What I did feel was that this was NOT my child, but one that needed someone.

I then came into awareness of being in my bed in my bedroom, and sensing the movement of an intense energy in the form of a small child coming into my bedroom from the doorway.

My heart was pounding, trying to stay calm, as I could feel something different about this energy and somehow knew it was going to be a ‘difficult’ experience for me.

I realized it was a small child, a boy about age 3 or 4, very upset, crying and very much in turmoil. He moved to the empty side of my bed and climbed up next to me.

Immediately I ‘felt’ and saw his life, the abuse, the sadness, the extreme depth of emotion he had as he sobbed uncontrollably next to me.

I had him lie on the pillow, on his belly and his face was away from me so I could not see his appearance. He was small in frame, and all I could do was pat his back and rub him gently, trying to sooth his sobs. I remember doing this for what I felt to be a long time.

I reached for his head, to rub his hair and stroke his cheek after he was quiet for a bit. He turned over to face me, and curled up tightly against my shoulder and neck, cuddling me, and with a tiny bit of a sob to his voice, asks, “Am I home now?”

I was so emotionally overwhelmed with the unexpected question that I didn’t know what to do. I think my emotions did not allow me to continue on energetically effectively, as I was desperate to help. I remember actually speaking out loud, ‘do you see anyone?’ trying to get him to see those who I knew were there for him.

With the audible words, I was immediately awake…and alone. I have no idea if I was of any help, but am so hoping that just the idea that I was able to get him to stop running and crying and to settle down, enabled him to move on to where he needed to go.

This was so emotionally draining for me. I woke crying with emotional release at his depth of sadness and the turmoil that he experienced in his short life. I desperately hope he’s in a better place now…

karen659

Postby karen659 » 23 Feb 2012 03:07

Through a discussion with other members of the Astral Projectors group on Facebook (which anyone is welcome to join, just ask!), it seems that this experience may have been much more than 'just' a retrieval as I originally thought.

It seems that a psychic friend felt that there was a 'Carrie' great grandmother who helped this child to 'move on'....and it just so happens that THIS is the name of MY grandmother, the one whom I just saw during the OBE two weeks ago!! (http://karen659.blogspot.com/2012/01/167-sleep-timer-use-meeting-my.html) AND....that SAME day I had this experience, my son informs me that he and his wife are expecting a new child this summer!!

I almost now feel that perhaps this could be another premonition of my grandchild to be...similar to the one I had before my FIRST grandchild!! (http://karen659.blogspot.com/2012/01/167-sleep-timer-use-meeting-my.html ...including the comment!) Since I'll not know for sure until it happens, if this newest grandchild is a boy....then I'll be almost certain this was the case!

Thanks for suggesting I update the forum here....it's just amazing to think that no matter how you 'think' you might have figured things out, the Universe will always show you that all is not always as it seems!! lol

Thanks...
Karen

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 24 Feb 2012 14:40

karen659 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:Do you think it's possible that you're having very vivid, lucid dreams with a recurring theme of being out-of-body? The small inconsistencies and changes to your surroundings seem to be hinting at that somewhat. Also, your mind, one would assume, knows its in "two places at once" if you're aware of or believe to be out-of-body. Having said that, my point is that I don't understand why your face would need to be blurred out or obscured. I've found that in reading OOB accounts, they have very similar themes to lucid dreams, and, for the most part, one could argue that there isn't a way to prove that theyre not. Just curious here, as I don't have much OOB personal experience. =) thanks for any feedback!

Thanks for the questions and comments...and I'll be honest and say that I don't truly know what to 'label' any of my experiences, as I really feel strongly that by labeling any of it, it gives a sort of 'definite structure' to my beliefs...and with this type of experience, I feel I need to remain open to any and all aspects...to not shut off possibilities or understanding by trying to analyze it to make it 'fit' some definition.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense it could be, but then, IMO, every single experience will be as individual as the person who has it is! I truly don't delineate between LD's and OBE's much, because it's truly only a matter of personal 'feeling' as to what occurred that mattered. Yes, there ARE many similarities and differences between them, however, if I take the time to analyze and try to extrapolate levels of 'realness', then I'm likely to 'dismiss' some small aspect that may have been important in its understanding to me and my life.

There is SO much we do not know about our energetic bodies and our abilities....and so much, IMO, depends on our degree of 'connection' and 'vibration' to allow us different filtering of the information that comes to us. We could have the SAME experience, while in two different levels of 'connection' and come away with different interpretations....

As for me not seeing myself, I can't explain it how I know, but somehow I DO have this feeling, and always have had it, that should I 'see' myself in bed, it will end the experience immediately....and once out, I'm not in ANY hurry to have it end!! lol

Thanks again for the comment...hope it explains my view well enough to answer your question! :) -K

Unfortunately, I've gotta say that I don't understand your response. You've definitely labeled your posts, despite you saying that you dont like to label your experiences. I also fail to understand how analyzing your experiences can cause you to miss something about them. You've done a great job of recording and posting them, so what would make you shy away from mulling over them once the details are solidified and written down? Attempting to differentiate between what is real and what isn't is, at least I think, a great learning process. Giving "definition" to our experiences helps us to understand them, right?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”