First Flying Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
jkemeny

First Flying Lucid Dream

Postby jkemeny » 18 May 2011 00:39

Another illustration from my journal. This was my first flying lucid dream I experienced a couple of years ago. I became lucid while dreaming I was in my house. I was very excited and decided to go outside and attempt to fly like I had been reading about in several lucid dream books. I passed through a window without a scratch as if I were a ghost. Outside it was warm, green and summer like even though this experience happened in January (it always seems to be summer in lucid dreams!). I then stretched my arms out and jumped into the air. At first I only went off the ground a few feet and then floated back to the ground like a feather. It's hard to completely remove gravity from our subconscious. After a few more attempts I gained confidence and was soon soaring above the green trees of my neighborhood. Words cannot express the joy of this experience. Eventually I became entangled in some power lines and had to struggle to become free. The dream ended and I found myself back in bed but I had a natural high for the rest of the day!
flying1.jpg
flying1.jpg (194.24 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

Dreamsphere

Re: First Flying Lucid Dream

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 02:58

thats really cool. You have already read my first lucid moment, I strive to get even this far at this point.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

alucidlife

Postby alucidlife » 21 May 2011 18:49

Those damn power lines right?!?! lol. Have you heard of Beverly D'Urso???? She talks about how she uses the power lines to travel from one place to another, pretty amazing huh? lol I am not quite there yet, I even get to the point where I can't even walk through a wall when I'm lucid but I have flown to outerspace :) Happy Dreaming!!!!

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 28 May 2011 21:59

Thanks for the suggestion on D'Urao..I will look her up. I still have trouble walking through walls sometimes. It's kind of funny when I try walking through a picture window the glass wraps around me like plastic wrap and eventually "pops" as I move forward. I would love to hear about your outerspace dream. I have tried this with no luck. Good luck with your dreams :)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 May 2011 00:47

Flying into space is cool... I love when my lucid dreams go sci-fi!

Robert Waggoner came up with this really great way to make spontaneous things happen, by shouting things out to the dream. So I adapted one of his sayings to get me flying in space.

Here's what you do: stand on the ground and if you can, make the scene turn to night* so you can look up into the starry sky. Then put your arm up in the air like Superman and shout "To infinity -- and beyond!"

What happens next? I'll let your dreaming mind find out... :D

* There is no definitive way to make the day turn to night in a lucid dream, but one method I use is to look at the daytime scene, turn away/loosely cover my eyes, and KNOW that it'll be dark when I look back. Or I sweep my hand across the blue sky and make it go dark. It is completely magical when it works.

WolfieDreamer

Postby WolfieDreamer » 09 Jul 2011 13:52

My first spontaneous dream for me involved flying! :3 I'm likewise for the gravity thing too, if I didn't flap my arms like a bird, I would float downwards again and I had to run and jump all over again.
Call me Wolfie, I'm a dreamer

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 09 Jul 2011 14:36

Nice to hear from you wolfie! Isn't it amazing that even though we know we are dreaming how hard it is to break old habits like gravity. I've flapped my arms like a bird also with some success. I guess the trick is to trick our subconscious minds :?

JoeyFeduka

Postby JoeyFeduka » 10 Jul 2011 08:55

Whenever I can't make myself fly, I simply go to the top of a building and jump off. I don't really have to do that anymore, but it's a great way to get yourself used to flying. Just last night, I spawned my Camaro and flew over Las Vegas... Beautiful.

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 10 Jul 2011 17:56

Very kool! I tried to jump off a building too but I seem to softly float to the ground like a feather :!: Running and jumping into the air seems to work best for me.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”