Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ale6x7

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby ale6x7 » 27 Dec 2011 23:17

Hi Rebecca!
I've just discovered lucid dreaming and find it amazing that anything like this is possible! and I've spent a majority of my day today reading all the articles your site has to offer, and find myself with just a few unaswered questions:
When you manifest someone into your lucid dream does your consious dream involving them become their unconsious dream? do they remember anything you talk to them about in the dream or any actions exchanged between you? I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but right now I'm so starstruck that such a thing is possible that I can't think properly. I'm 14, the same age you were when you first discovered it, so you can probably understand the utter stage of amazement I'm in right now!
Thanks for the info. :)

ruane19

Postby ruane19 » 15 Jan 2012 17:40

Hi rebecca. Im 14 and about a week ago i started to try and learn about lucid dreaming. i kept saying to myself "am i dreaming?" and things like that, but nothing happened except a normal dream. i wrote it down. i tried it again,but looking at my watch. Again, nothing happened except from a normal dream which i wrote down. i will try using the mild technique but do you have any good beginner tips for that would be really useful because it it slightly annoying i haven't had one yet. Thanks!
also, if i got into a lucid dream using the mild technique, would i always need to use that technique to get into a lucid dream?

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 15 Jan 2012 22:27

Hi Rebecca, My question is: Is there such thing as Fake Lucid Dreams, I mean like dreaming of having a lucid dream, yet not actually becoming Lucid.

(I made another post explaining my so called Fake lucid Dreams on the Beginners page if you could answer that. :) )

LucidJosh

Postby LucidJosh » 26 Jan 2012 04:31

hi Rebecca, last night was my second try at lucid dreaming, i was listening to some brain wave frequencies that are supposed to help induce a lucid dream, i didnt lucid dream but i did however feel a light shaking, it was like either I or my bed was shaking, what was this feeling? is it a sign that im close to getting to a lucid dream? also i was using the MILD technique.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post^^
"Do as I say, not as I do".

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:20

ThreeStarE wrote:Heyy Rebecca, I'm one of the newest members, andd newest to trying to become lucid,
Anyways, TO MY QUESTION.! I was wondering, do you know how I can make a semi lucid dream to normal lucid dream, that and how can I tell the difference.?
Thankyou for taking the time to readd this question :)

Ah yes this article has the answer:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:22

R99 wrote:Hay Rebecca, i am from india i just found about LD a month ago and igot 3 or 4 LD, and i want to boost it to maximum so i desided to buy your fast track but the problem is i dont have a credit card and i am a student, i have the mony for fast track but not for a credit card they are asking for a minimun 25000 RS of transaction in a month which is nearly 500$ that is impossible for me. Can u help me with this. Is there anyother way to buy your fast track, if there is please reply this question. Thanks....

If you have a PayPal or ClickBank account you can pay through them (and PayPal should allow you to pay by debit card too). Sorry but these are the only methods I can offer of secure money transfer for your own protection.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:25

Austin wrote:Hey, thanks for doing this, I just have a simple question, I think. Actually I'm asking for advice, what is your best advice for silencing your inner mind monologue..? I just can't get my selfish mind to stop talking to itself, and from what I've read, it is important to do so. Thanks!

The short answer is to focus... and practice ;)

Sometimes it can be deceptively easy, other times it can seem damn near impossible. When I am overthinking (that's the noisy ego talking) I find it helps to go on a guided visualization first which draws my attention to one specific task. Then that relaxes me enough to do a silent meditation with no distractions.

Brainwave entrainment is also a fantastic aid for beginners.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/brainwave-entrainment.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: LD dizziness and voice that won't come out

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:45

fistania wrote:Hi Rebecca,

i really love your website, it's SO informative and i've made this far just from visiting this website!
the thing is, sometimes i feel so dizzy whenever i become lucid. before i realized that i was dreaming, it all feels so normal. but just when i realized "oh i'm actually lucid!" suddenly i would feel super dizzy, and i couldn't concentrate on doing my goals. shouting "clarity now" or "i'm lucid and the dream is vivid" doesn't work. it has actually happened to me 3-4 times for these 2 years, but i realized the pattern (maybe): sometimes this happens in the first cycle of dreaming (and i use WBTB method). for example this morning i dreamt that i was cooking with my friend and i remembered i want to do lucid dream. then i realized it's a dream. i became lucid AND dizzy. after that i woke up, sleep again and had another lucid dream but didn't feel dizzy. it's not my belief that i will become dizzy whenever i'm lucid, but it's really disturbing.

oh right, and sometimes i have trouble with talking/shouting (but i don't feel dizzy). it's just my voice won't come out even to demand clarity.

do you have solutions for these 2 problems? thank you so much! :)

When you say you feel dizzy in your dream, is this an actual sense of movement, like you could fall over? Or does the scene just look fuzzy? What levels of awareness do you have of your dream body?

I have to say I've not experienced this personally so I may not be able to help... but it could just be a need to increase lucidity / self-awareness. Start to raise your awareness in the waking day (some call this "lucid living") and this will help raise the clarity of your dreams overall.

If you can't talk in your lucid dreams, just aim to THINK the words as hard as you can. Talking out loud just cements your will - really it is your willpower that initiates dream control. So if you can't talk it's not a problem. Try other non-verbal techniques too like rubbing your hands together.

If the dizziness is a real problem I would suggest sitting down and meditating in the dream, or focusing your awareness on a single close-up object like your palms or a leaf. If things are overwhelming you then narrowing your focus may help. Tell me if I'm completely off track here and you mean something else.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 04:59

AegmosTrip wrote:Hello Rebecca,thanks for the great website.I had a question regarding your
experience with the Calea Z capsules from I AM SHAMAN.
Is this product generally safe to take,without any bad side effetcs and
what has your experience been like with using them.
Thanks for your opnion,Stefan.

I find it safe with no side effects for me personally. However everyone is different and like any herb or supplement, occasionally reactions can occur. If you're concerned, just take a small dose to start and if it affects you negatively, stop using it.

I have written about my experiences of Calea Z here:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/calea-zacatechichi.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Jan 2012 05:06

lucidinthe sky wrote:Hi Rebecca,

I've been using the WILD method almost every night with success about 1/3 of the time. This morning did not work, but one thing I noticed was that I ended up having what felt like light sleep during the time I was trying WILD and although I seemed to maintain awareness, the dreams had a movie-screen 2 dimensional quality to them. At one point I was lucid, but I wasn't really "in" the dream, just watching it and I tried but it was not possible to go into the dream. In the lucid dreams I've had, you are just there, not watching and trying to figure out how to get in. It seems like there are different depths to dreams that go all the way from flashing images to real places where you are just there. You have to maintain awareness, but I think we can keep ourselves from going into deep sleep which I think I'm doing sometimes. It also feels like I didn't get enough sleep. Just wanted to see of you're familiar with this problem. Thanks.

Yes I believe so... When I fall asleep consciously, but without a specific dream scene set up for entry, my mind starts to vaguely dream (non-lucidly) on its own.

At this point I am just phasing in and out of awareness, at serious risk of dropping off to sleep for real, and often I only know about the fleeting images when I regain consciousness a second or two later, and have a memory impression of dreaming. I think this might be a similar state to microsleep, which also happens more when you are sleep deprived but aren't allowed to sleep (or are stopping yourself, because your're trying to WILD).

I agree there are many layers to evolving a dream from scratch and the more you get to know these, the better you can understand how the WILD process works. Sounds like you are doing great though ;)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”