WILD attempt, no memory?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Mayazcherquoi

WILD attempt, no memory?

Postby Mayazcherquoi » 25 Jan 2012 12:38

Dear World of Lucid Dreaming forums,

Whenever I try to attempt to induce a lucid dream with the WILD technique, the following morning I absolutely can not recall my dreams at all, where usually I am able to if I don't (lucid or not). I have no recollection, only the memory of meditating (laying very very still, the numbness in my body, etc) and on the verge of sleep.

What is up?

Regards,
Daniel.

Intrepid

Re: WILD attempt, no memory?

Postby Intrepid » 25 Jan 2012 17:59

Try setting an alarm for 30 minutes or so past the time you believe it will take to completely relax. You may actually be asleep while attempting WILD and believing yourself to be awake. This has happened to me multiple times. It's often the "jerk" reaction that people experience that will kick them out of a dream they weren't even aware they were having during an attempt at WILD. Then again, I often have no recollection of my dreams regardless of the technique I attempt, even WBTB.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Jan 2012 05:29

Mayazcherquoi wrote:Dear World of Lucid Dreaming forums,

Whenever I try to attempt to induce a lucid dream with the WILD technique, the following morning I absolutely can not recall my dreams at all, where usually I am able to if I don't (lucid or not). I have no recollection, only the memory of meditating (laying very very still, the numbness in my body, etc) and on the verge of sleep.

What is up?

Regards,
Daniel.

Finally, I'm not the only one. Every time I am on the verge of having a WILD, and I get this surge of energy that immerses my mind and entire body (or so it feels like my entire body), it just goes away and usually everything stops. When this happens while I'm listening to Binaural beats, I can't remember falling asleep or anything afterwards. Sometimes I don't even remember how I woke up, I just find myself awake the next morning (not dreaming, reality checks accounted for when I wake up)
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Christopaz

Postby Christopaz » 18 Mar 2012 03:16

Try Using hypnosis to tell your subconscious to remember your dreams.

Since you can't remember your dreams, that also means you don't know if your attempt is successful or not.
Hope can do you many things, shed light in the darkness and grant you even the most complicated wishes, but you still lack something there, WILL.

check out my Triond profile : http://www.triond.com/users/Christopher+Opancia+Jr.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”