Attempted to WBTB last night... Couldnt fall back to sleep

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kman43759

Attempted to WBTB last night... Couldnt fall back to sleep

Postby Kman43759 » 15 Jul 2014 15:08

Last night I went to bed at 11:00 and set an alarm clock for 5:00am (six hours later) so the alarm went of at 5 and I read the forum for an hour and then went back to bed... But I could not fall asleep!!
Do you guys think maybe it was because I usually go to bed at 10 so maybe i was messing up my sleep cycle?? I also kept moving every once and a while… next time Ill just choose a side to sleep on and stay still

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

JonSnowLD

Re: Attempted to WBTB last night... Couldnt fall back to sle

Postby JonSnowLD » 15 Jul 2014 21:48

Been there man :( it really sucks right! I don't think you need to stay up for that long though-sure it helps but if you're not gonna be able to sleep then go back to sleep after half an hour, or even 15 minutes. Find a balance that works for you! :)

Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Xbonk123X

Postby Xbonk123X » 15 Jul 2014 22:45

yeah been there it sucks you wake up and cant go back to sleep it can be frustrating and annoying try listening to brainwave entertainment, practice meditation, or just go to sleep earlier than a hour try like half hour just find what best fits you :D
Lucid Dreams = 4

Lucid Dreams this month = 1

Lucid Dream goal this month = 2

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 05:47

It seems small and insignificant, but I know from experience, light will wake you up, even if it's from staring at a TV, Computer, or a Cell Phone. When I WBTB, I stay away from those gadgets now. There of course are other factors, but light in our eyes does trigger us to wake up, and even something like a computer screen is enough to do it. You can still sleep, but can take over an hour at times!

I usually just get up and make a bathroom pit-stop and get a glass of water. That's enough to wake me up without becoming wide awake.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 16 Jul 2014 09:35

Oh well whenever I WBTB, I usually do stuff on my ipid, maybe thats it

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 09:46

I only give suggestions. It's up to you to decide. And actually waking up, and seeing light, which triggers a release of serotonin, which wakes you up isn't so bad. It can wake up your mind as your body naturally sleeps as intended, due to habit. (Mind awake body asleep... that's the key). The only down side is, it can take a really long time to fall asleep again. I was in bed, trying to sleep, for two hours once.

Also a short WBTB, just get out of bed and drink some water or visit the bathroom also works. It's enough to snap you out of the dream and the haze of hypnopompia. Then you lay back, still sleepy, but awake at the same time, and that's the mix you want to achieve.

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 16 Jul 2014 16:43

Last night I tried staying up for half an hour instead of an hour and I still kind of had problems so next time ill just maybe get up, go to the bathroom and sit in the dark for 10 mins... ALTHOUGH I did remember more dreams than I usually(0) do, I remembered 3 dreams so maybe Im getting close to finding what works for me :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 19:01

Regardless of lucid dreaming, I WBTB for the simple fact that the dreams are far more vivid and memorable. Being lucid is just the icing on the cake, but even a plain cake is better than none at all.

shams

Postby shams » 28 Jul 2014 06:47

HAGART wrote:It seems small and insignificant, but I know from experience, light will wake you up, even if it's from staring at a TV, Computer, or a Cell Phone. When I WBTB, I stay away from those gadgets now. There of course are other factors, but light in our eyes does trigger us to wake up, and even something like a computer screen is enough to do it. You can still sleep, but can take over an hour at times!

I usually just get up and make a bathroom pit-stop and get a glass of water. That's enough to wake me up without becoming wide awake.

When I wake up after 6 hours of sleep, i have one or two dreams in mind and have to insert them into a journal, ONLINE. So when i do this, i can't go back to sleep. What to do?

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jul 2014 09:13

Remember thee old pencil and paper technique? It's an archaic practice I know. (Being sarcastic)
I just jot down notes and keywords and later, if I'm not too lazy, flesh it out into paragraphs on my computer. You can go ONLINE later with your notes.

It's funny to try and decipher my handwriting when I'm half-asleep, but a few words is all it takes to spark the full memory of the dream. And really it's just memory from the source, your mind, that is important.

But I heard many reports and can vouch for this myself: any light will wake you up and trick your mind into thinking it's daylight. You can still lucid dream but that little bit of light will make it very hard to fall asleep again. If you can, it works, but expect 1-2 hours.

Without light you can WBTB in only 15 minutes. (That's my experience anyway and for what it's worth, that's all I can offer).

Return to “For Beginners”