Making A Particular Person be there

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Making A Particular Person be there

Postby Rebecca » 27 Oct 2011 00:35

Cool thread! Here's what I do to summon dream characters:

(NOTE: Always increase your lucidity first if you want decent results!)

1. Visualize /imagine the person standing behind you or around a corner, then when you sense they're there, turn around or go look. If they're not there, don't worry, just try the next method:

2. Ask the dream (Robert Waggoner's method) to present so-and-so. Sometimes I don't ask for a specific name, I'll just ask for "my dream guide" or "my ultimate fantasy" ...hehe...

3. Open a dream door and reach in, expecting to grab the hand of your intended figure and pull them through. This also works using mirrors as liquid portals.

4. Draw a picture of them! This is getting quite surreal but then again that's the nature of the subconscious dreaming mind. And it totally works if you expect it to. Paint a picture of your character (on the wall or in the air) and EXPECT them to come to life.

5. Another surreal one: have an object morph into your dream figure. I once watched my dream guide peel himself out of a tree this way. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E to watch.

6. Ask an existing dream character to morph into X, if they'd be so kind. If the summoned character looks somehow different from reality, you can ask them to do better. "I'm going to look away and when I look back you will look like the closest representation of X my imagination can create." I've turned many a random stranger into near-perfect Brad Pitt this way.

Always remember when creating new imagery, people or objects, your gut expectation is the driving force...

PS - This question has just inspired my next article for the website. Look out for it. Thanks :D

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 27 Oct 2011 04:30

Here's the article, with just a little more info than I gave here:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-create-dream-characters.html

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 08 Dec 2011 03:36

I have tried to do this as well, and I sometimes had success just by picturing the person I wanted to see in my mind. This doesn't appear to work real well, as when I did try it, it often did not work. In those cases I seem to have to go there (to the person's house) the long way, like, I would literally be above the city navigating the streets to be a guide, although I was flying, I couldn't guess the way without using the streets.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 07:26

I find it very easy to do.
All I need to do, is imagine the person(s) as strongly as I can, and then they appear.

The only people I have done it to, where my Boyfriend and my 3 Cousins.
I am still to try an actor or someone I desire to see in my dream state that I don't personally know.

The only time it went wrong, as when I got my cousins in, But instead of them coming into my dream as the age they are now, they came into the dream as young kids.
I think this is because, I was closest to them growing up, so it made sense.

I have no methods when I try to Lucid dream.
Best bet is to really focus as hard as you can, and to feel there presence.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 27 Jan 2012 08:29

Normally I'll just imagine that there's a doorway behind me. I'll turn around and think, "Oh, [someone] is behind that door. That's usually how I get someone to come into my dream. I find it hard to just make someone appear. I guess that's beyond my talents at this point. lol
There is no spoon.

jet199

Postby jet199 » 06 Feb 2012 12:56

I think the main trick is not to rely to much on visuals but to get an instinctive feeling whether you have the right person in front of you. It is also easier, in my experience, if call a person to your dream by thinking of the feeling that you have when you are with them or think about them rather than using their name or image.
Trying to see and solidify a persons physical features is like reading in the dreamscape.
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho

Teh_Fuhrer

Postby Teh_Fuhrer » 02 Jun 2012 11:52

I had a lucid dream last night...and i wanted a particular....person to appear.

Anyway this is how I always make things occur in my dreams.

1) I say to myself that a particular person or event or even an object to appear around a corner.

for example last night i said "This person is around the corner" and they where their...walking towards me.

The key is to believe that it will happen.

You can use this technique for anything, like one time I saw a front door to a house and I said "This door leads to (whatever you want)" and it happens.

Well I know this always helps me, it might not apply to all people.

Jason Tipit

Postby Jason Tipit » 20 Jun 2012 23:01

It is quite difficult to master bringing people into your dreams (especially if you are new to LD). I have two methods, the second one I just learned.

1. Just start screaming their name at the top of your lungs over and over and over again. Sometimes it takes a while, but they will come.

2. Look at the spot you want them to appear. Then imagine them, imagine every small detail. You need to really want them there. Imagine the smell and the texture and all the physical attributes. This works with objects also. Eventually a misty-like-thing will appear and it will form into the object..atleast it does for me haha!

siddle

Postby siddle » 25 Jun 2012 17:19

So far, I've only been able to pull people to me in one specific location.
Arg...that requires a bit of preface: I dream in the same place every night. I mean, I can go anywhere, but I usually spend time in a huge dream city that only changes in it's most trivial details....
Well, there is a huge building in the middle of this dream city.
When I'm lucid in the this building, in the center of town, is the only time (again, so far) that I can go completely conscious. So for me, it has to be a bit more then "lucid". I have to be of full mind and....uh.....subconscious body?? (how would one say that?).

In this building I've pulled friends, ex-girlfriends, co-workers. Still working on getting the higher self to respond (though I'm starting to think we don't speak the same dream language at all....if there even is a language).

A few weeks ago I pulled my wife. When I pulled her, I asked if she could speak on behalf of the city (been trying to figure out where this recurrence came from for about 8 years). She didn't respond. So I asked "why are we here?". I meant the dream city....she responded as if that's not exactly what I asked. Her response:
"We have all been here. We were all here a very long time ago. What you experience is resonance"....then she went into another language, as most of my dream characters do.

My dream last night, however, was frustrating (yet I think I know why). I went in with the intent to pull a guide. Non-specific...just a dream guide/soul guide...whatever would manifest/appear. Yet, I couldn't ask for one....because I couldn't speak! It was as if my voice was so muffled that I knew it was a waste of time....so I took off flying again. I mean, why waste the dream? :)
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

teamazn77

Postby teamazn77 » 25 Jul 2012 14:04

have you tried the behind the door technique in which u find a door in ur dream and u believe and u must truly believe that the person u r seeking is behind the door, if u believe with all ur heart (and im not kidding) usually the person u seek is behind the door when u open it.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”