Random Link Show!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Random Link Show!

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jul 2014 01:23

nesgirl wrote:So you really think I am THAT boring do you?

If you insist on using female voice-overs to prove your point... :mrgreen:

On a serious note now, just because something isn't funny doesn't mean it's boring. But your statement just proves the Hitch's point (and Hagart, take heed) that a man who can't make a woman laugh is out of the evolutionary contest. So, nesgirl, would you say a man who isn't funny is boring? The Hitch, perhaps... :lol:

nesgirl wrote:You can't say ladies aren't funny now. Not with Palutena/Athena being the butt joke in this anime.

As the Hitch said before, just because women aren't funny doesn't mean there aren't any good comediennes. But they usually have to play by men's rules or have to apply wit in order to compete against their naturally funnier male counterparts. A man can get away with just pulling a face or saying something ingenuous. A woman will most likely need a male guise (sometimes a cartoon if you insist :mrgreen: ) for that and it helps if she's unattractive. (Men can get away with being stupid.)

HAGART wrote:Funny how Hitchens says that a man who can't make a woman laugh is out of the evolutionary contest. He certainly is not making any women laugh. What is he revealing about himself!

Yeah, Hitchens is funny like that. He is a guy after all...(and unattractive I might add, but funnier than Brad Pitt) :mrgreen:

And what does he reveal about himself? His intellectual honesty. A woman who's just been on a date might say to her friends when they enquire about what the guy was like: "He was so funny!" But the same cannot be said about the guy when he meets his male cohort to talk about how the date went. He is very likely to focus on her physical appearance (and may unusually mention her intelligence): "She had a great smile, great legs, really curvaceous..." - You know how it goes! :twisted:

As for the Hitch not making women laugh, let them be the judge of that. But I will leave you with my next video where the witty rascal has a go at comedy/satire and female members of the audience appear to have enough sense of humour to let out a few chortles. And he wasn't even a comedian! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ITT3NOLJk

Watch it all the way! It gets better and better and better! I believe the debate is now settled... :twisted: :D
EDIT: On your Monty Python video, Hagart, I've seen it before. Very funny and very male dominated, too... :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 02:03

And couldn't have been better timed! You'd pay good money for an argument wouldn't you, Summerlander. :D (I like a good argument too from time to time as long as it's not simple contradiction). I used Hitchen's own words to razz him, but maybe he was aware of it when he said it and it was tongue in cheek. Comedy can come from a straight face.

I don't think it's a male/female issue. I think it's attractive/ugly issue regardless of gender. Almost every great comedian or comedienne will say they had a hard time in high school, not popular, encountering bullies, and trying to find friends and mates. Comedy was their way of surviving and they got good at it.

And it sure is hard to laugh at someone's jokes on stage when you are aroused by them. That's human nature.

( I feel this debate is over too, yet it feels like I just opened a whole new can of worms?) Let's get back to silly videos shall we! :D
Last edited by HAGART on 17 Jul 2014 03:27, edited 2 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 17 Jul 2014 02:55

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 01:20, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 03:49

Let's put this to bed. Women can be funny! Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knxuG_hYe-8

But she's not a super model now is she? And acting more manly than feminine, which is basically what Hitchens was talking about. Love her though! :lol:

It gets ribald at the end, but hey, she's a woman living in a man's world and speaking the truth.
Last edited by HAGART on 17 Jul 2014 04:20, edited 3 times in total.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 17 Jul 2014 03:53

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 04:56

I'm a fan of that show so enjoyed that. She's a very astute person and you can't get anything past her. Some think she's a witch (change a letter if you wish), but she is actually a very compassionate person. She only gives it to those deserving of it. She see right though people.

And oh yea, another moment of zen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BuZamufWAs

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 17 Jul 2014 05:13

Deleted
Last edited by nesgirl on 23 Jul 2014 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 05:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 17 Jul 2014 05:37

Deleted
Last edited by nesgirl on 23 Jul 2014 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 05:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ0vDAbF7s

Return to “Off-Topic”