Why some people CAN'T lucid dream.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KungFuPanther

Re: Why some people CAN'T lucid dream.

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jul 2014 03:36

Kman43759 wrote:I wish I could animate, I would animate my dreams xD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Same. I'm working on that one.
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2014 06:32

KungFuPanther wrote:UGH PLEASE PEOPLE. I don't have an iPod, or an iPhone or iTablet or iWhatever.

I don't either. I just have the iSelf, The iMe, the... iI. Most don't understand the technology behind the iI.
Once you put down your iEverthing and use your eye to see the iUniverse from the iI, it will change your iExtistence.

(Just having fun, but it does make you think and I hate it when people today are glued to those things and don't even make eye, or iEye contact anymore!) ;)

You don't have to lucid dream to see that, and I just felt like cracking a joke.

But then again, I always felt different and I think I have more ADA than most. I also lucid dream, so there is truth in that.

I see people 'sleep walking' through life.... ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 17 Jul 2014 12:05

Gotta say, since being made aware of ADA (KunfFuPanther) I sometimes get to the end of a day and think 'wow I really wasn't taking anything in today!' Genuinely like I went through the day half asleep XD this is definitely most apparent if I'm using some kind of electronic device as well DX

Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jul 2014 15:01

HAGART wrote:I don't either. I just have the iSelf, The iMe, the... iI. Most don't understand the technology behind the iI.
Once you put down your iEverthing and use your eye to see the iUniverse from the iI, it will change your iExtistence.

(Just having fun, but it does make you think and I hate it when people today are glued to those things and don't even make eye, or iEye contact anymore!) ;)

You don't have to lucid dream to see that, and I just felt like cracking a joke.

But then again, I always felt different and I think I have more ADA than most. I also lucid dream, so there is truth in that.

I see people 'sleep walking' through life.... ;)

XD Good one. I feel like people are way to focused on their apps and texts and facebooks and selfies that they forget what real life is like. Yesterday I went to go watch planet of the apes in theaters, and while I was watching, I actually kept myself focused on my actual existence. I was paying more attention to things that I never would have noticed before, and as such I actually understood every little plot point that I probably would have missed. This is the first time that I've been able to apply ADA to watching a movie, so this must mean progress.

I got started in Lucid Dreaming because I felt like I spent my whole life sleep-walking, never paying attention to anything. Now I have this strange obsession to try and be awake almost all the time, because life is too short to miss out on anything.

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 17 Jul 2014 15:19

Alright, I went to bed late last night, around 10:00, and couldn't wake myself up to do the SSILD technique. But, at least I remember one clear and moving dream.

I was outside taking care of the goats (Yes, I have goats) so this dream probably started as a false awakening. Suddenly, running up to me comes my dog Misty, who has been gone for 2 weeks. I didn't just play along like she had always been there, I knew she had been gone, a real world memory. I hugged and petted her, ran inside and showed her to Dad, and we were having a great time. So, I knew that Misty was inseparable from Jake (my other dog that went missing at the same time), so I went outside to call for him and after a while he sneaked up on me with his head lowered towards the ground. He was really shy, and kinda looked up at me with only his eyes. I told him, "It's okay, you're home now, that's all that matters," and that's where the dream kinda fades out...

It reminds me of a part in my life I wish I could forget... I ran away, and after a while I figured that it wasn't a good idea. But I couldn't come home because I thought that nobody wanted me to. I had walked run about five miles, and as a kid with asthma that's just asking for trouble. Not to mention I fell on a cactus and had needles in my ass. I didn't want to go back because I thought they would hate me, and say "How dare you? Run away and come right back?" To make a long story short, the truth was exactly the opposite. It just took me a long time to move on from that point.

But one thing was cool, I was counting my steps, and when I decided to come back it was night time, so I used the North Star (Polaris) to steer my way back home.

Anyway, gonna try and pick up the slack tonight, I'll do the SSILD technique after five hours of sleep, and try to increase my number of reality checks.

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 18 Jul 2014 14:56

Okay, last night, 7/17/14. It was restless and sleepless. I went to bed at 9:30 and did the WBTB thing at 1:30. I was tossing and turning, and barely remember any dreams. Tonight I will try increasing the amount of time I spend awake during that WBTB stage, and see if I get any results.

Do any of you know if Melatonin supplement tablets help?

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 18 Jul 2014 16:45

Yes ive heard they help but you HAVE to use the right amount or else it will make you to tired which will put you in a deep stage of sleep which you dont dream in

Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 18 Jul 2014 16:55

Kman43759 wrote:Yes ive heard they help but you HAVE to use the right amount or else it will make you to tired which will put you in a deep stage of sleep which you dont dream in

Thanks for the information. I think I'll try bineural beats first, they seem more science-y to me.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 18 Jul 2014 17:13

nesgirl wrote:I taught my niece and nephews how to Lucid Dream at least once (and one of my nephews is 3), don't say I am a fraud.

Want my advice? Try watching the TV in the middle of the night for about 5 hours without moving your body at all and see what happens. Let me just put it in this way: TV benefited me very much as a young child, and I depended on it very much for many years.

you never taught a 3 year old to lucid dream, unless you know some genius 3 year old. My 3 year old nephew can barely talk in a sentence, and when I ask him what dreams are he was no idea what I'm talking about. I've tried simplifying it too, he just dosnt get it.

you either taught a genius that is growing mentally way faster then the average 3 year old, or are lieing.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 18 Jul 2014 19:34

LucidLink wrote:you never taught a 3 year old to lucid dream, unless you know some genius 3 year old. My 3 year old nephew can barely talk in a sentence, and when I ask him what dreams are he was no idea what I'm talking about. I've tried simplifying it too, he just dosnt get it.

you either taught a genius that is growing mentally way faster then the average 3 year old, or are lieing.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

***PROFANITY DELETED***

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”