Lucid Dream Hands: how many fingers are there?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Lucid Dream Hands: how many fingers are there?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Dec 2011 04:48

Your guess is as good as mine. Sometimes 3, sometimes 6 or even eight or more. It can change as you watch. Apparently some people do have normal looking hands in dreams, but many do not.

Lucid dream hands were a good reality check for me and also for people I've read about. Someone reported that it's lots of fun to wiggle all eight fingers (each hand) one by one. And unlike digital clocks, they are lot more handy too. After one look at my hands in my last lucid dream there was no question it was a dream so it can be a great RC. It's got to be one of the freakiest things I've ever seen. I'd recommend it if you get the opportunity.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

jamjam

Re: Lucid Dream Hands: how many fingers are there?

Postby jamjam » 30 Dec 2011 03:03

:cry: My hands are normal. No RC for me! XD no seriously, I hate that my hands are NORMAL!
jamjam

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 03:19

I'm wondering if my hands are eventually going to become "normal" too. :( I think we manifest this reality anyway through our consciousness so it doesn't surprise me that we have a hard time manifesting some things without the external input that our senses provide. I'm really good at manifesting the basic scenery in the dream, to the point where I can't find any RCs that work, the hands have been the only thing so far, and only in one lucid dream. In dreams we don't have a body so we have to create one. Some of us are not very good at doing that, but it sounds like you are better at it than I am. Thanks for the input.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Seriousity

Postby Seriousity » 02 Jan 2012 10:46

And unlike digital clocks, they are lot more handy too.

I see what you did there... :P

I first read about the hand technique in Carlos Castaneda's books about shamanism... He trained himself to look at his hands and know if he was dreaming... I have done it a couple of times before, am now really growing into the mystic lucid dreaming world so I'll try to train myself as well as he did!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Jan 2012 18:42

Seriousity wrote:And unlike digital clocks, they are lot more handy too.

I see what you did there...

That's funny, I didn't even realize what I did there.

Chronos

Postby Chronos » 12 Jan 2012 21:48

Even if your hands look normal, still do it as an RC. It increases awareness. To be honest, I've never become lucid through an intentional RC, but by noticing flaws such as cancer is not contageous. It happened when I started using RCs that I noticed flaws and became lucid.
ARE YOU DREAMING?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Jan 2012 01:06

I looked at my hands this morning during a lucid dream and was able to tell they were dream hands, but just barely. They were almost the same as waking life. By the looks of my hands in the lucid dream this morning, it's probably not going to be long before they don't work as an RC. :cry: I knew it was too good to last!

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 24 Jan 2012 04:36

five but they sometimes transform into three as I'm trying to fly those flying saucers the greys were so generous to leave me after I killed them :lol:
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 27 Jan 2012 08:33

I use my hands all the time for my reality check. I agree, it's fun to see how many fingers you'll have (or not have.) However, and this may be unrelated, but I tend to have more fingers after I've eaten spicy foods. :?
There is no spoon.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Feb 2012 03:02

In the past 5 or so dream RCs including this morning, my hands seem to have settled on 4 fingers, however the one that's missing seems to be random.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”