Long, Crazy Dream.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Long, Crazy Dream.

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 03:51

I was too lazy to write this in my journal this morning, so thought I'd write it here. It gives me motivation to write when I know others will read it, and I can copy/paste it later.

I was in bed with my eyes closed, and suddenly realized, I was seeing a dim, black and white image of my room. I could swear my eyes were closed though. I quickly blinked to make sure, and I confirmed I now had 'translucent eyelids'. (A phenomenon I coined for myself and is always a sign that a WILD is imminent). So I just relaxed and waited to see if I would start feeling other bodily sensations, but none came. I remember hearing once that when we dream, our eyes roll up and so I pointed them, looking upward behind my closed eyes. I started to see the image of my room rise like the 'vertical hold' on a TV needed to be corrected. (You kids today probably have no idea what I'm referring to). It would rise and then be back in place, rise and then be back in place. Then it rised and continued rising and felt visually like I was doing a back flip right out of bed, and I landed on the floor beside it in a crouching position.

I quickly reached out and touched the bed, and I could feel it. I had made it through the transition! And sometimes it really is just that easy. 8-) There's a sliding glass door near my bed so I quickly went outside which for me stablalizes the dream.

Outside, it was bright, the grass was green and it was very vivid. I had no idea what I wanted to do though. I walked around thinking to myself, what can I possibly do? I'm sure I have a list of things from my waking memories, but right now, I just can't think of any. My first impulse was hunger. I went to sleep hungry and I wanted to eat. I conjured up my favorite food, which of course is pizza. I saw it form up, grabbed a slice and ate it. I was disappointed though, and it was just bread and tomato sauce. I waved my hand over it like a magician and willed some cheese to appear and saw it happen right before my eyes. I took another bite. Now it was better. Then I tossed it aside and thought, what next? I thought about what it would be like to rip out my own eyeball (something I attempted once before). I placed my left fingers around my left eye and was about to reach in and grab it, but it felt way too real and I chickened out. Then I remember this other time I had pushed my hands into my head at the temples and started doing that, but it wasn't quite working and besides, I've already done that before. Then I saw my brother and he was standing in an odd position, with his legs spread and reaching under himself and pulling downward. (Not his genitals but that general area). I somehow just knew what he was doing. He was pulling himself down into the ground and I could see he had sunk into the grassy lawn up to his ankles. I felt compelled to try as well. I however, from a standing position, leaned over and grabbed the ground and pulled, trying to pull myself, and sink right into the very ground. It didn't work. I then laid down and thought perhaps I would sink in if I pretended it was quicksand. (Which is something else I have experimented with limited success before). As I laid there, head resting on the grass, I saw a small bug, it all felt too real, and didn't feel like sinking underground and it scared me so I stood up again.

My other brother was near a patch of exposed dirt, and I thought of what I wanted to do next. I wanted to mould the dirt into something so I asked him what he wanted. He said he wanted a small figurine of a person with large ears. So I placed my hands above the dirt and like 'Earthbending' it raised and formed into a figure, with such a sloppy face drawn on it. It looked like a child had made it in preschool. I then willed two large ears to sprout on either side of the head. I thought it was strange how I couldn't make a masterpiece, since I am in a dream, my actual artistic ability shouldn't matter, but it did. I just couldn't create something beyond my artistic physical abilities.

I wanted to go bigger and do something more impressive. I looked back toward my house, about 20-30 feet away and I willed a massive, yellow-brown, pyramid right out of the ground in front of it. It must have been about 5 stories high. It was a tiered pyramid with greenery at each level. Reminds me of pictures of the gardens of Babylon. I then approached it, and wanted to go inside to examine what I had just created. As I got closer, losing a sense of dream body and just floating now, zooming in, I noticed it was changing and was now gray, with long narrow steps leading to a dark opening near the top. Trees were beginning to appear on each side of the pathway, and it was a lot more like a video game now. I got to the top and tried to enter, but the hole was too small, but I forced my way in and the whole dream scene changed, and I had my body back and had just entered through a door. I looked back as it closed and it almost squashed a small fairy type girl that followed me in. I actually kinda wished the door had squashed her in a morbid micro-thought.

I was in a hallway now with some doors to the left and right. And walked past them still wondering what I will do next. I turned left at the end of the hall, and was in a larger area now, like a large cafeteria. I decided what I wanted to do next. This is something I've done before in some past lucid dreams and it's a big thrill. I saw some large windows on the wall, and just knew I was several stories up. I ran toward it, and jumped through head first, breaking the glass, expecting to fall several stories head first to the ground. However, I must have chickened out, because I was only half way through, torso hanging out, back of my body still inside. I reminded myself that it's just a dream and you can't get hurt, but the fear of falling was getting the better of me. So I decided to will a car to rise up from the street below so I could jump on it and be safely lowered. When I tried though, I jumped on it, but the car was falling just as fast as me so I didn't actually touch it, until I landing on it, feet first, making a dent in it. I felt like a superhero, and for some reason I now had two long scrap pieces of metal in either hand and I was wielding them like two swords. A person lunged at me and I swung, decapitating him. I saw the head separate form the body, and was amazed by the realism of the face. It was someone very recognizable. It was Kevin Bacon!

The dream started to fade to black, and I half expected that, since it had gone on for quite a while now. Yet I knew if I woke up I would have a hard time falling asleep again, so I just relaxed in the darkness, hoping I would start to dream again. I began to see a faint image of my room again and rolled my eyes back. This time I floated out, no sense of body, but just visually. I rose up and gently landed on the floor beside my bed, and my head was on a wooden box. (The one I keep some childhood keepsakes in, which is in the garage in real life). I got up quickly, did a reality check out of habit by opening a panel on the TV from a distance. (There is no panel like that on the TV I have now, but reminds me of one I use to have years ago). I was still a bit wobbly, and it was hard to walk, but I manged to get outside once again.

So what am I going to do now, I thought. Why not try flying? I saw a vast world of hills and trees leading off in the distance, took a running jump and tried to soar only to fall back down and get stuck. It's hard to explain, but it was like I had to climb over something invisible in order to get past this mental blockade that was keeping me from going any further. But when I did lift my leg and went trough the motions of climbing over something, I was no further ahead and had to do it again. Finally I gave up and jumped really high in the air. I was so high, I could see all of North America below me, kinda like looking at Google Earth at first, but then it became more like a map with outlines of the states and provinces and unreadable labels. I was falling back down to it, then I suddenly landed on an invisible plane. Like it was just a 2D image and I couldn't go past that point and was now walking on a giant screen with only the image of Earth below.

Then I heard someone speak, so I thought, why not talk to a DC. There were three of them and they had all morphed into cell phones and I had a black one in my left hand. I was ready to listen and remember it carefully, not to forget a single line. (Which is very hard). I heard a voice say something like, "They, (referring to the users on this forum), sometimes spend three hundred dollars, but don't realize that it's more expensive to spend one hundred".

I thought, that's complete gibberish! And it faded to black again....

I had several false awakenings after and I think I was lucid again, but forget what I did. So that's my crazy dream, without any discernible point, but sometimes dreams are like that. I'm use to crazy dreams, and none of this is knew to me, but one thing leaves me puzzled. Why Kevin Bacon's head?! I like Kevin Bacon! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jackson

Re: Long, Crazy Dream.

Postby Jackson » 18 Jul 2014 15:14

The 300 dollars being less expensive than 100 dollars may have been because, through convoluted dream logic, you thought well sometimes you can get things cheaper in bulk (e.g, $10 per unit if you buy less than 20 but if you buy more than 20 it is only $8 per unit) and this may turn out to be less expensive in the long run. You could either buy $100 worth of things that would last them 1 month, or you could buy $300 worth of the things that would last you 4 months! ( lol I just thought I would say that because that was the first thing that came to my head after reading this) :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Jul 2014 19:12

You can interpret it how you want. The first thing that pops in your head is usually correct.

It was certainly referring to all the members on this forum though, I just knew it somehow. It wasn't giving ME advice, but letting me know about all the users on this forum. You certainly do get more bang for your buck if you buy in bulk. If you expend a lot of energy writing posts, you will get more replies and more return on your investment. Those who write only 100 posts will get a less reply-to-post-ratio than one who posts 300. :geek: :lol:

It could also mean, "Less is more". Things that are expensive have more value, and the DC was using a strange word choice. So let's say two people each write 100 great posts and replies, but one writes 200 more (for a total of 300) that are pointless garbage. That diminishes their overall value. The person who wrote 100 good ones is more 'expensive' in this market place of ideas. (Look at the number of posts I've made! D'oh!) :roll: :?

I don't really know what it meant, and don't heed it! Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and our language centers in the brain can take random words to make meaningless sentences at times. This goes to show how we can interpret and see what we want to see like dragons in clouds.... or was it a bunny rabbit?... or maybe it's Kevin Bacon! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 20 Jul 2014 17:29

Thanks for sharing, what an odyssey! :D I was laughing throughout! :D

You have an amazingly detailed recall...

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 Jul 2014 23:01

Awesome dream! I love the weird 'dream sense' that you have when you knew that the voice was referring to the forum users. I get that a lot too.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”