Distractions, distractions, distractions.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Distractions, distractions, distractions.

Postby ItsObvious42 » 19 Jul 2014 16:20

Hi everyone.
I'm 14 years old and discovered lucid dreaming last May on 9GAG which was talking about a load of nonsensical hallucinations and other rubbish (which I later discovered was just the result of waking during sleep paralysis) and that led me to finding this website.
First thing's first: I have an intense passion for rock climbing; I think about it all the time, try to do it all the time and dream about it all the time. When I heard that I could harness my lucid dreams to dream about my sport, then it could give a gateway to improvement. Climbing is about 50/50 in physical vs. psychological abilities (give or take), so I thought this could be the way to go. I'm also desperate to get over my crippling stage-fright.
Needless to say, I gave up within a few weeks because it just wasn't working for me. (I know - big mistake).
I rediscovered it this May and really threw myself into it: constant reality checks; vivid, detailed dream journal entries, etc. I even got myself into guided meditation and self-hypnosis!
Then I went on a one-week school trip where I decided I'd be able to enjoy it more if I didn't have other distractions. After that (around a month ago, now) I've completely lost motivation for dream journaling, haven't done a hypnosis session in ages and never remember to do reality checks.
I'm going away again next week but can any of you give me good ideas to get re-motivated?

tl;dr : I got bored of try to lucid dream twice and want to get back into it. Any suggestions of how?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Distractions, distractions, distractions.

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Jul 2014 19:58

I think sometimes people tend to do try harder than it should be to lucid dream... sure, its good to read about it, its good to do meditation, its good to pick a method, its good to write, its to try new things from the internet, but sometimes for some people doing this stuff all together can be too much of stress and maybe you could get lucid dream much easier if you would just write your dreams, do reality checks and sometimes meditate.

For the motivation part, I dont think anyone should recommend you about what you should do in a lucid dream, because you already know, EVERYTHING.
I mean, in real life you can do this and that, but you can do in your lucid dreams things that you can do only by imagining it.
Every desire, enjoyable, facing fear (as you said, you can keep the climbing in your lucid dreams and you can lose your fear), you can do anything from fun to try to talk with your sub-conscious, its endless.

We all have those periods of time where we think its just a waste of time and we lose our motivation, we all have been there and me too, but in the end we think straight about how big this can be for us and how it can change us for the better, until we get back on track and succeed.

So anyway, I can only wish to you good luck and have fun, because being a lucid dreamer is a hobby and it should be fun, and keep in mind that its not soooo bad if a day-two-three you going to lack of writing or doing reality checks, just try to do as many as you can.

Welcome :)
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Introduce Yourself”