Body in LDs?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Karin

Body in LDs?

Postby Karin » 20 Jul 2014 19:10

So far in my limited LD experiences (about 6 so far), I do not remember having a body. I was perceiving mostly visually, and usually my vantage point seems to a be a few feet off the floor (so consistent with standing up in a body), but I never saw my arms, hands, feet, etc... or had any body sensations...

Also, when I was moving, I remember either gliding a few feet off the ground (same speed as a car, typically), or flying several hundred feet up above the ground, or 'shifting' from one dreamscape to another (difficult to describe). I do not remember stomping on the ground as if I was walking or running.

I also remember zooming my focus into a bunch of plants, and seeing the blades of grass and the soil very close, as if I was a tiny thing. When I went into a small bush, I could 'feel' the leaves surrounding me (very weird sensation, not really touch, but more like a force field). Also, when I was very close, everything looked sparkler.

I did not try to touch stuff (it did not even occur to me, I have to say) and did not interact with anyone, maybe I would 'manifest' a body in the dream if I needed one? So far I have been mostly an observer.

Has anyone had similar experiences, or do you all have a body in your dreams?

Peter

Re: Body in LDs?

Postby Peter » 20 Jul 2014 20:59

Plenty of both, you dont need a dreambody at times and it can come and go but you will discover all these twists in time.
As for where you are now it sounds like the first stages of interacting with the dream space and a little more focus and the body will appear. Try just bringing up your hands into view in front of your body. Dont worry that they are not there and if they dont appear then rub them together and you will feel them before you see them. Tactile sensations are easier than visual and are great for firming up the dream space
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 20 Jul 2014 23:49

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:14, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Karin

Postby Karin » 21 Jul 2014 00:28

Thanks for your input, Nesgirl and Peter!

I am wondering what my first dream body will look like... who knows! :D

Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jul 2014 03:21

LOL - go find a mirror and see. And then tell us pls.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jul 2014 06:04

Going through the motions of touching something triggers a sense of body for me. It's like we need to remind ourselves that we have one in a dream. I don't see my body in my peripheral vision as I walk around, and don't notice my arms swinging. But the thing is, most don't even notice that when awake! But when I do use my arm to grab and touch something then I feel like I'm using it as real as when awake. But visually, now that I think about it, I don't always see my arm and hand doing it. I'm not fully aware of my waking body either and just go through the actions without noticing. This whole time I was typing I wasn't looking at my hands and didn't even notice them till now. It's like that in a dream. You only see what you are aware of.

I came up with a good idea to quickly and easily develop a sense of dream body (not visually, but proprioception). Do jumping jacks! Just go through the motions. I did that once in a lucid dream, but keep forgetting to do that again, and I should do it more. It's a great way to start your day, so why not a great way to start your lucid dream! It's basically like the rubbing-your-hands-together-technique, but uses your whole body. (or jog in place, dance, do a cartwheel, you get the idea).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 21 Jul 2014 12:51

Thanks HAGART, that makes sense!

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Jul 2014 00:18

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jul 2014 03:28

Get to a mirror and demand a reflection, use all the will and force you can and will come. Dont be fearful of this sort of strength as it only makes you stronger and you will gain more control over aspects of the dream

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Jul 2014 05:14

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”