What is the best thing to do while awake for WBTB?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jack Reacher

What is the best thing to do while awake for WBTB?

Postby Jack Reacher » 14 Jul 2014 10:57

Considering trying to Lucid Dream again as I have a week holiday before my final semester starts.

The Wake Back To Bed technique has always worked pretty well for me, but recently it worked superbly well purely by accident. I woke up at 7am to do some tennis coaching, its about a 20 minute walk through a large domain/reserve. I found I wasn't needed so I headed back home. On the way home it started raining, so I took cover in some trees, I didn't mind it so much and simply looked for the positives.

When I got home I went back to sleep, and had intense dreams. Like very vivid, some lucid, that kind of sick feeling you get when you go in and out of dreams in the morning with a kind of intensity.

So im wondering if doing something like this again would be a good idea, or what you guys generally do. Once I stayed up for about 40 minutes reading and went back to bed, but it didn't work so well. Maybe going for a walk and doing some exercise really is a good way to induce dreams?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

torakrubik

Re: What is the best thing to do while awake for WBTB?

Postby torakrubik » 15 Jul 2014 00:19

I often find that I need to physically walk around the house for WBTB to work properly; staying in bed just doesn't cut it for me.
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 07:32

Yea, wake back to bed doesn't cut it. Wake GET OUT OF BED back to bed works best. Whenever I just roll over again it doesn't work so well.

I had some really good LDs when I did it at 7:00 a.m. The sun had already come up, and daylight releases seratonin which wakes you up. Yet my body was still accustomed to sleeping-in another few hours. Although it took awhile to get back to sleep I had some great lucid dreams and felt almost as awake as I do right now. My mind was wide awake, while my body slept.

Sleeping is just chemistry and your body is going to do that anyway, with or without you being conscious. But a little daylight and a brisk walk can certainly stimulate your conscious thinking as you go back to bed and let that 'meat machine' of a body do its thing.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 17 Jul 2014 16:35

I would reccomend just getting up and walking around but try to avoid any light unless your a pro sleeper and can fall asleep in 15 mins no matter what... AND DO NOT go on the computer, watch TV, or look at any screens, screens are the death of WBTB'ers

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Mellanhavande

Postby Mellanhavande » 21 Jul 2014 14:43

AND DO NOT go on the computer, watch TV, or look at any screens, screens are the death of WBTB'ers

That's right. I made this mistake couple of times and thought that WBTB just doesn't work, but actually it's a pretty good technique.
I dream. Sometimes I think that's the only right thing to do.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 21 Jul 2014 14:54

I recommend reading from your dream journal.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”