Food

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Dreamsphere

Food

Postby Dreamsphere » 17 May 2011 00:17

As already mentioned, cheese and dairy. I've also heard real fruit juice and mustard, also. What have you heard/had success with?
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Food

Postby Rebecca » 17 May 2011 23:29

Vitamin B6 increases dream intensity. You can find it in bananas, carrots, oranges, spinach, fish, chicken, liver, beans, eggs and nuts. Although to get a high enough dose, you probably need to take a B6 supplement.

How it works: Vitamin B6 converts Tryptophan into Serotonin, which produces much more vivid dreams. So, as well as taking your B6 pill, eat foods containing Tryptophan to give it some extra fuel! Such foods include: cheddar cheese, chicken, salmon, lamb, eggs, white rice, flour and milk - and are best eaten a few hours before bed.

Hence the saying "cheese dreams"! Cheese really can give you more vivid and wacky dreams......

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 18 May 2011 03:20

Yeah, I think I made another post about my dreams, because I became sorta lucid for a very fleeting moment... Either the food helped, or my recall is just getting better, because I was able to remember fragments of about 5 dreams... But, to run a proper experiment, I'd have to eat a similar arrangement of food a whole wack of times, etc. The power of suggestion is also very powerful, I think...
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 07 May 2016 14:23

nutmeg but you have to buy the good nutmeg, whole shells as fresh as possible. not the McCormick powdered crap. also oats seem to work great, cinnamon, and pretty much pure whole foods nothing corporate.
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”