Was this a Lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
shams

Was this a Lucid dream?

Postby shams » 25 Jul 2014 16:40

I have been wandering on this site for two days now, quite interesting it is. I'm 16 and I just join the forum to share my experience when I was around 10 years old.
During a dream I suddenly realised that this is all a dream. I don't remember anything before that. But it seemed kind of weak lucid because I wasn't able to control that dream, or atleast I didn't knew that I can control this dream. Also the view wasn't in first person, it was third person. Quite different from the regular lucid dreams I hear of. I also remember that I was standing in the middle of a road with some other people whom i didn't bothered to look. All we were doing was saying "This Is A Dream, This Is A Dream". After some time, I wake up just to find that I'm late for school.
So, all you expert LD'ers was this a lucid dream. It seems confusing because I was aware that this is a dream and on the other hand, I wasn't able to control my dream.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

GalMutzafy

Re: Was this a Lucid dream?

Postby GalMutzafy » 25 Jul 2014 17:12

A lucid dream is not a dream which you control, a lucid dream is a dream which you realize you are dreaming, when you are dreaming, simple as that.

It was a low lucidity lucid dream, because you ware not able to control it and you were like a 3rd person there, I had those too.

With more lucid dreams and more experience you will learn what to do when you get lucid, if you have questions about it, ask :)
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

shams

Postby shams » 25 Jul 2014 19:59

I have been having problems lately recalling my dreams. I is probably due to my recent sleep schedule disturbances. I am gonna write a dream journal as soon as I get one. Any tips to remember my dream.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 25 Jul 2014 20:15

shams wrote:I have been having problems lately recalling my dreams. I is probably due to my recent sleep schedule disturbances. I am gonna write a dream journal as soon as I get one. Any tips to remember my dream.

If you want to remember better you dreams, you just should write it down as you said and sleep more than usual.

Also when you wake up in the morning, try to not move or think about what you are gonna do today, because the memory of the dream can fade away.

It is good also to close your eyes once you wake up, it also concentrates you on the dream.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”