Problem with Missing Dream Signs

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LD43081

Problem with Missing Dream Signs

Postby LD43081 » 31 Jul 2014 20:56

<Not exactly sure this is in the right sub-topic, apologies if it belongs somewhere else>

I've been keeping a dream journal for a couple months now, and am remembering and logging almost three dreams a night. On the whole I would say I'm pretty pleased with my dream recall and I've been going through my journal identifying dream signs.

There are a couple I see pretty frequently; my father (he's dead), famous people who I should not be seeing in person (especially in the context that I am seeing them in), cars that bounce (I don't get that one, but whatever...) and being naked in places that it's generally not acceptable to be naked in.

What I'm struggling with is that although I see these signs pretty frequently, I'm having a hard time getting them to prompt me to do question reality in my dream. I'm working pretty diligently on my reality tests; I try to do them often, be very mindful about not assuming I'm awake, and spend some time not only doing them, but visualizing what I would do in a dream if the test fails. I'm just not sure why the dream signs aren't clicking for me.

Has anyone else run into or heard of this problem? Any ideas on how to attack it?

Thanks,
LD

GalMutzafy

Re: Problem with Missing Dream Signs

Postby GalMutzafy » 02 Aug 2014 09:22

I think you should do some of the MILD technique, just tell yourself before going to sleep: ''When I will see X in my dreams, I will know that I am dreaming''.

This could really help and trigger your lucidity.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

QueenNoir

Re: Problem with Missing Dream Signs

Postby QueenNoir » 18 Aug 2014 19:59

Hey!

I can totally relate because I'm having the same issue. I've been on this journey to lucid dreaming for a year now and I sometimes just get wrapped into the storyline of my dreams that all of the obvious signs that I am dreaming just go right over my head. I think we both really need to work on reality checks throughout the day. I get caught up with life most of the time and forget to do them, but I think if I get in a habit of doing them then I'll be able to quickly notice when things don't add up in my dreams. Hope this helped! :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”