Vivid Dreams every night for 3 years.

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
SarahDank

Vivid Dreams every night for 3 years.

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 11:22

For 3 years I have had Very Vivid dreams. Every night.
Such leading to me being strong enough in my dreams to now become Lucid.

Anyways,
I feel as though I need to somehow STOP having Vivid dreams.
As much as I was first fascinated with them, I am now dreading going to sleep.
I don't get any rest, I am always tired, and I never have the full amount of energy I used to.

I am going to go and see my GP soon as well, Because I am 95% sure I have sleep Apnea.
As I always wake up feeling as though I can't Breath properly.

Is there anything Anyone knows that will help me stop Vivid dreaming.
BUT I would like to keep Lucid dreaming.

Thanks for your time :)

; SarahDank

Peter

Re: Vivid Dreams every night for 3 years.

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2012 21:29

yes stop thinking so much. if you are like me I have had vivid dreams and LD for around 40 years and remember from none to 13 dreams a night and on avg 4 to 7 dreams a night. All you can do is learn to relax on going to be and get as best a quality sleep as you can. I sleep around 3 hours at a time max and am nearly always tired and have been most of my life. I feel good but nearly always tired its just a fact of life and I have had sleep tests done. IF you are serious look at a ZEO sleep monitor and this will give you a breakdown of your nights sleep and if you want an online program to help find sleep robbers.

If you have an active mind then it may just be the way you are and you need to learn to live with it
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 28 Jan 2012 03:50

SarahDank wrote:

I don't get any rest, I am always tired, and I never have the full amount of energy I used to.

I am going to go and see my GP soon as well, Because I am 95% sure I have sleep Apnea.
As I always wake up feeling as though I can't Breath properly.

Is there anything Anyone knows that will help me stop Vivid dreaming.
BUT I would like to keep Lucid dreaming.

Thanks for your time :)

; SarahDank

This does sound like sleep apnea. Yes, you can stop dreaming all together if you want. dreams and HI happen when the brain is in theta if you can slow it down to just delta waves (no thoughts and no feelings, just awareness) dreams and HI will not be created at all. This is what classic clear light yoga does-it takes one to pure delta and nothing else. Once in the clear light you can stay there or collapse into delta sleep if you want. For the people like Summerland and Jamjam a demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFMtq5g8N4
Last edited by Snaggle on 29 Jan 2012 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

spartinpastic

Postby spartinpastic » 28 Jan 2012 05:56

Its a gift, use it. Try autosuggestion or self hypnosis to help you with that if you really want too.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2012 23:15

it takes one to pure delta

This must be what I call relaxing in the void. I do it quite often and its a place of everything and nothing, I have no form but just exist as pure energy or awareness. I will go there and simply spend time in this state and the after eftects with stay with me for a day or two sometimes.

peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 06:10

Peter wrote:
it takes one to pure delta

This must be what I call relaxing in the void. I do it quite often and its a place of everything and nothing, I have no form but just exist as pure energy or awareness. I will go there and simply spend time in this state and the after eftects with stay with me for a day or two sometimes.

peter

That sounds like it exactly. You're at least a moderately proficient yogi like me- the really proficient ones can do several yogas at once. The their our people like Michael Raduga who are at a very low level as far as yoga and the occult go but think they're great.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Jan 2012 06:37

for me its the highlight of dreaming and really with more time and experiance I hope just a starting place for further exploration. You say modertly proficent yogi, interesting as I have not sought anything in this area and just follow my mind to where it wants to go. I have read a lot and find a lot of experiances talked about that I have had but these are without a belief in anything or activtly practising anything except LD

Return to “Sleep Disorders”