I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Brenton

I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Brenton » 25 Jan 2012 01:47

I feel almost like I'm posting too much, but i really need these things answered. :lol: When I'm trying to initiate a WILD or MILD I always seem to fall asleep during the relaxation part. For instance, last night I decided to try using the MILD technique, but while i was telling myself to have a lucid dream I fell asleep. There fore skipping the part of envisioning my dream. The same happens with WILDS. I tend to fall asleep while waiting for hypnolga(sorry for the horrible spelling), then i cant envision being on a beach and what not.

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem, and ideally other people have conquered this problem and can help. What ever the case, thanks for taking the time to look at my post even if you don't have the time to reply.

Brent
Some times, Lucid Dreaming is the only escape from the world when things arent going your way.

Peter

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2012 20:08

The result of WILD is sleep but with awareness so you are half way there. Think about what point you go to sleep and then try something like blinking your eyes open and carry on. Try a few things and I dont try to imagine anything, I let the image come to me and if it works you are simply there. Its not something you do its something that happens.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Brenton

Postby Brenton » 25 Jan 2012 23:12

Ok man, thanks alot. I'll give that a try tonight and see where it gets me. This combined with all the other stuff ive gathered from this forum an I should a have real lucid dream soon. Thanks again.
Brent
Some times, Lucid Dreaming is the only escape from the world when things arent going your way.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2012 00:50

Peter wrote:I dont try to imagine anything, I let the image come to me and if it works you are simply there

Yea, I've done that. That is absolutely what you must do. If you analysis it too much it ends. You 'snap' out of it.

The last time I was in a state where I was about to go into a dream, but almost awake, (hard to explain, but I think people here get it), I told my self to take note of those last few moments, when the blackness becomes dream. I saw an orb come in from the right and it looked like planet earth from a distance. It was getting closer and I knew the dream would begin and I told myself to be aware of every detail of this so I can report it later. But that jinxed it. It ended.

However, I've done this successfully about 10 times or so, but those last few moments.... I CAN'T REMEMBER! I have great dream recall and have a dream journal, but those last few, transitional, moments are a mystery to me. And when I think about it when it happens.... it doesn't happen.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.... and discussing it with others never hurts......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 26 Jan 2012 03:21

Peter gave you the correct answer. One just waits for hypnagogic images. It's a very small step from what seems imaginary images springing into ones mind quickly to actually seeing those images. You should just be trying to ride the HI into deeper dreams rather than trying to control them. Once you've laid the foundation one can start to build control on top of it. Don't try to do to much at once as you'll pull yourself out of the HI or lucid dreams.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Jan 2012 01:33

HAGART wrote:You should just be trying to ride the HI into deeper dreams rather than trying to control them

I think about it this way often. My successful WILDs have reminded me of riding a wave right into the dream. You don't make or control the wave, but you have to get yourself moving, get on the wave at the right point. Then stay on that leading edge and let it carry you along. It works that way for me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Jan 2012 04:42

lucidinthe sky wrote:HAGART wrote:You should just be trying to ride the HI into deeper dreams rather than trying to control them

I didn't say that, it was snaggle. There's a glitch... But I never quoted a quote before and I wonder how the above will appear in the posted message....

BUT RIDING A WAVE AND CATCHING IT... I NEVER SURFED BEFORE, BUT THAT IS A GOOD ANALOGY. YOU HAVE TO GO WITH THE FLOW. YOU CAN CHOOSE WHAT YOU DO ONCE ON THE WAVE, (SUCCESSFULLY CATCHING THE 'LEADING EDGE'), BUT THE WAVE ITSELF... YOU JUST HAVE TO LET IT CARRY YOU. OR SOMETIMES WE MISS IT AND HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 27 Jan 2012 05:37

I think this post along with one other I found a minute ago is going to change everything I know about WILDS. I read the technique on how to do WILDs in this website, Rebecca made the guide, ya know, all that good stuff. But I think she meant it to be more like guidelines and things to expect and eventually control. I feel I have been trying too hard, I just need to focus on staying conscious, and let everything else happen on its own right?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Brenton

Postby Brenton » 28 Jan 2012 02:41

yes thats what ive gathered Kyle, and also looking at afew other sights ive found the sme thing

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jan 2012 06:15

Yea, don't try too hard.

You can learn all about Lucid Dreaming.... but that's cerebral. That's just studying. (Which is important, but half the step)

The other half... You must experience it and feel it. Even if it is just for a moment. And that means 'letting go'. ( I put it in quotations because there is no word to describe it but... LET YOURSELF GO.)

LET THE WAVE TAKE YOU.

easier said than done though

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”