Need Validation that I'm not crazy- Precognition dreams

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Kailyn.Spears

Need Validation that I'm not crazy- Precognition dreams

Postby Kailyn.Spears » 17 Jul 2014 23:38

Since as far back as I can remember I have had dreams where I could see upcoming events in my normal everyday life. Most are mundane things like dreaming that I am standing in my bed room thinking about something and then I start to feel an emotion and then days weeks even months later it happens exactly as I dreamt it would. Same place, same train of thought, same exact emotion. However through my life I have had a few very distinct times where my precognition actually altered or changed my life. Let me start with a little biography so you understand more about me.
I grew up in a southern, christian, republican, household. I went to Sunday school every week and read my Bible daily. I don't remember when it started happening but I do remember thinking that I couldn't tell anyone because they would think I was crazy or worse didn't believe in God. The church I grew up at taught that dreaming the future (among other things) was witchcraft and that it didn't actually happen it was just something people did to con others out of their money. So when I started having these dreams, I instinctively kept them to myself; that is until recently. When I was younger, I believed that my precognition dreams were a gift from God and that they would lead me down the path in life that I am supposed to take. Now granted, most of my dreams are about thoughts and feelings and mundane actions I preform others are significantly different in that I can manipulate the present based on what I saw happen in my precog dream, sort of like the old disney show, "That's So Raven".
The most significant of these instances was November 14th and 15th 2006 when I was 12. I had the biggest crush on this guy but I knew one of my friends liked him too. I had a dream that I was standing outside the band hall by a certain pole and she came up to me and said, "He said no." I knew that she was talking about the guy that we both had a crush on and I deducted that she had asked him out and he had rejected her. When I awoke from my dream I schemed to recreate this dream so that it would make my chances of dating him greater and get her to stop flirting with him (yes i realize I was a crafty child back then). So at lunch I talked her up to it. She said she would ask but that I had to go wait at the band hall and as I have described before, that is where I was waiting for her so I agreed to this measure. I left the cafeteria and I went and waited by the pole that I remembered standing by in my dream. When she came to me, her answer was exactly what I had envisioned, "He said no." Lying through my teeth I began to console her saying I was sorry and that she could find a better guy but then she stopped me. "He said no to *you*." I said what? She replied, "I thought you meant to ask him out for you. He said no to dating you." Well obviously I was crushed by this news so later that day in an effort to save face and maybe salvage a friendship and perhaps a hope of dating him, I called him. I explained how that wasn't supposed to happen and that I liked him but thought that she was going to ask him out for herself. Long story short, me and this guy started dating that night and we dated for a year and a half, to this day my longest relationship.
After that dream they kind of subsided, when I had them it was mundane things that weren't even worth mentioning. However, recently the activity has been occurring more and more frequently. I believe that my control over my precognitive dreams is strengthening. What I want validation on is, is there anyone that has had a precognitive dream while half awake??? Earlier today, after not sleeping for 24 hours, I passed out on the couch and while I was asleep I started having a precognitive dream that my friend would call me and say something to me. However, while I was having this dream, he actually did call me! So I was dreaming the future mere seconds before it actually happened! At the end of my pre cog dream my friend said something, I honestly don't remember what it was and I wish I did. Shortly thereafter, he actually said what I had just dreamt and to that I replied yea, I know, you just said that. To which he replied, "no I didn't. what are you talking about?" then I, now being fairly awake, explained to him that i was just dreaming about what he would say and that i had anticipated him saying what he said. Basically the whole experience reminded me of the Oracle on the Matrix when she says "Oh and don't worry about the vase." and then Neo breaks it. I want to know if anyone else out there has had an experience like this and if you know how, how do i harness that power to manipulate my dreams like the dream that lead me to dating my ex and this experience here? I don't do anything out of the ordinary to get these dreams, they just happen at random. If there a way to control and manipulate them? Any answers are welcome! Really this whole post is to validate that there are others out there, hopefully more powerful and better able to answer my questions, like myself.

nesgirl

Re: Need Validation that I'm not crazy- Precognition dreams

Postby nesgirl » 18 Jul 2014 02:32

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 20 Jul 2014 20:13

Nesgirl, you say there is only science and math. Now tell me, how do you know there is no scientifical explanation to this? And she said shes had this all her life... I dont beleive that you can have a coincedence this huge, that many times
And also, her question was not whether Precog dreams r real...
And btw kailyn I dont think your crazy - you must have a gift for a reason, so use it

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

passingthrutime

Postby passingthrutime » 01 Aug 2014 12:11

yo, i've had dreams like you described and so have plenty of others so hopefully we aren't just insane. It's always a moment of insignificance and unlike a normal dream it only last's a moment, like i'm getting a peek inside my head months in the future. I don't agree with the stupid theory with probability leading to dreams of the future and just had a thought. I'd just call it a precognition instead of a precognitive dream b/c for me, it's unlike a dream. I only see a moment from my future frozen like a photo where the only thought i can have is whatever i'd be thinking . anyways i wouldnt call them dreams or you crazy

p.s. seems to happen less frequently with age or maybe i've just lost my begginners luck, i would say ask family members about it since my moms side experienced precognition if you want validation ,they could be in the same situation but idk , hopefully u wont foresee urself in a white padded room lulz ;)
"Proof is in the pudding however, and we need to experience it for ourselves. But it's also like saying, 'If you don't know than I won't tell you!' I'm not here to prove that my opinion is right" -Hagart

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2014 16:22

Nesgirl is absolutely right. Nearly seven billion people on the planet sleeping and dreaming 24/7 as the Earth spins. Think about the gazillions and gazillions of dreams being generated by all those brains. It is only natural that many will be coincidental with future events and if there was never an individual who experienced these for most of their lives, then it would be really weird.

I'll tell you something which is counterintuitive but absolutely true and gives weight to nesgirl's logic. If the universe is infinite, it is inescapable that, if you go far enough into space, you will find an exact replica of the Earth, with exactly the same people and the exact same course of events. Sounds like too much of a coincidence? Not really. If space-time is infinite, because of nature's constants and the fact that there is only a finite number of ways in which matter can arrange itself (eg. some particles repel, some attract) mathematics dictates that replication is inevitable. If our planet was truly unique in every way then something mighty strange would truly be afoot.

Nesgirl wins this one.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 04 Aug 2014 21:21

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2014 22:40

Exactly. There have been many "black swans" (Taleb's terminology taken from his theory) that have eluded us and taken us by surprise. Improbability doesn't mean impossibility, to put it plainly. Nesgirl's position is irrefutable from where I'm standing. Our Dark Age ignorance is the mother of all superstition which is still extant today. There is another counterintuitive fact about the quantum physics of reality, which I learned from Brian Cox's "The Quantum Universe." But I'll leave it for later. For now let me just say that affirming the authenticity of precognition with great conviction is taking a huge leap of faith. There are more mundane and viable explanations for so-called precognitive dreams hingeing on probability. Occam's razor: they are more likely to be just dreams that happen to PARTIALLY coincide with future events. Even rarer, but with a degree of probability still, are the uncannily accurate ones. But remember: we must take into account pattern-seeking and confirmation bias. (Not to mention lying.):-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 04 Aug 2014 23:24

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Aug 2014 01:03

I'm definitely not implying that Kaylyn Spears is lying as she is clearly looking for answers and wants to make sure she's not crazy. But she will do well in taking heed of your posts, nesgirl. Looking into maths and probability will give her a sensible perspective and cut out possible hyperbole that she might not even be aware of.

- Padmasambhava

patches

Postby patches » 16 Aug 2014 08:50

Hello...
I don't think you're crazy, or necessarily bad at Maths...or lying.
I've also experienced dreams of that sort, and so have many ppl on my dad's side of the family (including my dad).
I'm not saying that we're all psychic or any of that - who knows? Maybe it is all simply coincidence. Maybe it's not. The way I see it, it really hasn't been proven definitively one way or another, so to claim with 100% conviction that it's precognition or just a load of bollocks is a matter of faith. Faith in things of a spiritual nature, or faith in Maths and science and nothing else - it's still faith.
So when it comes down to it - you just need to decide what you believe in based on what feels right to you. You know what you experienced, it really doesn't matter if others believe you or your interpretation of the events.
If you feel that you are experiencing precognitive dreams, then I would think the only thing that matters is how you decide to handle it.
The only thing I would suggest is using your powers for good rather than evil! Lol! Seriously, it is a possibility within the realm of possibilities that you had a "gift" (or whatever you'd like to call it). Assuming that's the case, then personally, I wouldn't want to tempt fate and use it in a negative way...know what I mean?
As far as what you might do to develop your gift, I would suggest starting off maybe by practicing meditation. I agree with what (someone) said about perhaps finding someone in your family who has the same thing going on, though given what you said about your upbringing, there's a chance that may not work out so well for you - my in-laws match the description, and there's no way in hell I would ever broach the subject with them. ThAt would be proof that I was "full of satan". :/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Paranormal Activity”