off topic

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nawick

off topic

Postby nawick » 05 Aug 2014 16:27

Hello,

I have been lucid dreaming since i was 10. It has always been me being a spectator to me dreaming. People have told me it is because I can not visualize. My pineal eye is blind. I can "conceptualize" but not "see" anything at least until I actually start to dream. Then i can see fine.

But sometimes, I accidentally VIVID dream! It is fantastic. I can remember doing it 5 times.

One time I had a dream that was so real! In that dream my car broke down on the AZ border, and I spent a whole weekend in a little town in Mexico while I waited for a waterpump. I talked with people, rented a room, ate food, went to sleep and woke up IN MY DREAM! It was contiguous, and I did not notice any "skips". I was there 3 days, and the best thing about it was I was NOT WATCHING me dream! I was living it. It was like living a different life, and there was no ME critiquing it or altering or morphing it to something different. There was no ME "changing the channel". If the "others" were there, I didnt sense them at all.

How can I do this every night?
Please tell me!
I want to VIVID dream! The quality of sleep is so far superior when that Multiple Personality thing isn't interfering by me chaperoning myself.

I asked this at a Dream Seminar in Minneapolis and was asked to leave. I hope it will be different here.

But I am weary of not being able to just be absorbed into my dreams. I am always outside looking in.

thanks for any help!

naWick

Snaggle

Re: off topic

Postby Snaggle » 06 Aug 2014 03:28

I have been lucid dreaming since i was 10. It has always been me being a spectator to me dreaming. People have told me it is because I can not visualize. My pineal eye is blind. I can "conceptualize" but not "see" anything at least until I actually start to dream. Then i can see fine.

People in general are dumb, your informants have given you just an unsupported hypothesis. The rule of thumb is several dozen hypothesis are worth one theory and a dozen theories are worth one fact! If your pineal gland were "blind" you could not dream at all.

I could not visualize until fairly recently, yet I could still achieve the effects that visualization is suppose to be necessary for in both yoga and the martial arts use of chi. I was not doing anything unusal when I suddenly could visualize, except altering my nutrition, specifically I was eating peanuts because of their high selenium and vitamin E content and vitamin C. I could suddenly also remember numbers - which I could not before then. My theory is that you may be like me and just have a nutritional deficiency in your diet [ please note the value of theories above ;) ]

But sometimes, I accidentally VIVID dream! It is fantastic. I can remember doing it 5 times.

Now I can comment on the firmer ground of fact :D. Being just a spectator in dreams is one of the hallmarks of being in a NREM Dream (though one can be a non-spectator in those too). When one transitions into REM dreams they normally become more vivid (though not always at the vividness of real life or the hyper vivid level that one can sometimes experience in LD) and normally suck on into the dream. Vivid dreams are linked to vivid nightmares and one can be stuck in them too, you might actually find this out for yourself if you up the vividness of your dreams.

The world of dreams is just like hypnosis, one can cause anything one wills to happen. Willing a dream to be more vivid should work.

I want to VIVID dream! The quality of sleep is so far superior when that Multiple Personality thing isn't interfering by me chaperoning myself.

The quality of ones sleep is extremely variable and complicated enough that I think your hypothesis I wrong. Very few people have multiple personalities, so your chances of getting any useful advice is close to nil. I can split consciousness in dreams into two separate consciousnesses inhabiting two separate bodies with a fair chance of success at will. I've also broken the illussion of the conscious self and brain will awake directly experiencing the subconscious (which is made up of a few hundred individual points of consciousness all experiencing the world separately); in either case they had my personality.

Now back on to a likely worthless hypothesis, Have you tried willing your multiples away in your dreams?

But I am weary of not being able to just be absorbed into my dreams. I am always outside looking in.

thanks for any help!

Try possessing dream characters. I can possess them in both NREM and REM dreams at will and can fly back out of them almost always. Once I could visualize I also did it with an hypnagogic image i had created and had to leave it to get out of it.

I asked this at a Dream Seminar in Minneapolis and was asked to leave. I hope it will be different here.

This is very shameful especially if you paid them anything for it. Them asking you to leave was because you threatened their status as "experts" on LD which they clearly were not nor were they honest.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nawick

Postby nawick » 07 Aug 2014 16:19

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe I was bit loose with the term. (almost) Every time I dream, I an conscious of me in the dream. I am also conscious of me watching me dream, at the same time. I shift focus from the two viewpoints at will. And sometimes i am conscious of the sleeping me (okay, at this point I do NOT have the right terminology) however, the sleeping me, the dreaming me/participating in the dream and the Me who is watching the dreaming me from outside the dream are what I meant by multiple personalities. I never experienced nightmares because I learned at an early age that you just change the channel to something else. I was in high school before I found out that not everyone does that. Later I learned that you don't have to even do that, you change your center of gravity from your solar plexus to your near your heart and you just fly away from whatever was creeping you out while the other part of your mind watches from outside.

The reason why I love vivid dreaming is because it's like living, not like watching a movie, and also because it is a rare treat.

~
As far as have to conceptualize everything, when I close my eyes, it is black (or I see the phosphene). That's all, ever.
I have bought and read numerous "self improvement" systems and they get shelved the second they say "Picture in you mind's eye" or "Visualize that you are" because I can not.

It would be great if nutrition is the key so I can visualize too.. I take a gram of C, E, Methyl B-12 plus Reishi and a multiple vitamin to go along with my "blending". I drink 3 - 4 pints of vegetable "smoothies" (I call it babyfood) that I blend up (This morning it's spinach, cucumber and broccoli) and eat 1 cooked food meal for dinner. I used to juice my veggies, but I didn't like wasting 60% of my food.

How many years does it take after fixing the nutritional deficiency?

~

I have not tried willing myself away in my dreams. that is a cool thought. I should try willing away the sleeper, then the observer. AND than the participant! I can alter my dreams, but I never thought to alter outside the dream.

~
I think I will pass on possessing dream "characters". I had a dream "guide" that tried to do that with me. But the was good, since I learned long ago what they aren't really being helpful, they are just tying to feed off of you.

I pretty much leave the "others" alone, sort of live and let live. There are lots of energies for them without needing to interact with me.

~

So hopefully I can ditch me while I am sleeping. I will give it a shot.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

nawick

Postby nawick » 08 Aug 2014 20:21

Good idea anyway. though.
When the ME in the dream willed the ME who was watching away, the dream ended.
Both times.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

nawick

Postby nawick » 09 Aug 2014 18:10

Well it sort of worked. I didn't lucid dream last night. But I didn't really vivid dream either.

Here is some I remember from last night.

I am in front of a quadplex house that has two doors on the porch. I dont know which apartment I need to go to. I see the mail slots inside with names. I try to warp to the mailboxes, but that is a lucid thing, so I wake up. Objective time about 15 seconds.

I am standing in the middle field with thigh high grasses sprinkled with scrub trees like buffalo berries and russian olives. Blue sky a lot like the one in the banner on this page. I see foothills leading to mountains.
I automatically want a top down view, but that takes the other me, so the dream ends. Objective time, 45 seconds.

I am standing on a street and there is a card board box with the letters T-4F-TRW.
I think HEY, you cant read in a dream. I wake up. Objective time, 5 seconds.

I am sitting at my friends house. We are drinking coffee, which is strange because they they dont drink coffee. His wife comes in and says "I understand exactly what you r are saying nawick, because things stick out at a 90 degree tangent when I lucid dream" and I wake up. Objective time 90 seconds

I dont remember the rest. Most of them started and stopped so fast there wasn't anything to remember.

I'll see where it goes from here.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Aug 2014 00:15

Just a disclaimer: Anyone who states that a few hypotheses make a theory does not know what a theory entails.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 10 Aug 2014 01:39

The rule of thumb is several dozen hypothesis are worth one theory and a dozen theories are worth one fact! - Snaggle

vs.

Summerland paraphrase
Just a disclaimer: Anyone who states that a few hypotheses make a theory does not know what a theory entails
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nawick

Postby nawick » 10 Aug 2014 03:27

Wait Snaggle.
Didnt you read? Summerlander has special dispensation on this forum.

It is best just not to reply.

nawick

Postby nawick » 10 Aug 2014 16:28

So last night all my dreams were ending at the beginning, except for one.
I will try to keep it pg-13

I was in a basement. Very nice. Bar with 6 stools, fully stocked. A pool table with cover on it. It looked like someone spent a million dollars rebuilding a VFW.
I had to pee. I entered a spa. Some people might call it a bathroom. It had a shower stall, a bathtub and a jacuzzi. The stone counter had 3 sinks in it and mirrors up to the ceiling. It was messy with cloths and towels on the floor. Definitely someones home. And it had a toilet.
I started to pass blood. Startled I took a step back and fell flat on my... back. And still more blood passed. But why was I wearing whitey-tighties? I stood up and looked in the mirror.
I saw a guy with teal eyes and styled red hair. He had a blond-red mustache and a red beard, also styled to the max. I knew he had a manicure without even looking.
You poor bugger I thought This is way more serious than passing a kidney stone. This is BAD.
And at that point I didn't want his wife and kids to see the mess. So I fixed it. I willed the clothes and bloody towels away. I willed the place to be spotless.
Then I made myself wake up to see what time it was.
5:12am

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Aug 2014 21:06

Snaggle wrote:
The rule of thumb is several dozen hypothesis are worth one theory and a dozen theories are worth one fact! - Snaggle

vs.

Summerland paraphrase
Just a disclaimer: Anyone who states that a few hypotheses make a theory does not know what a theory entails

Whether a few or a dozen, or even a million, they still wouldn't make a genuine theory. And it's hypotheses (plural) not hypothesis. The rest of your statement is also fallacious for the same reason: you don't understand the meaning of the word "theory." 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”