First Lucid Dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Bails91

First Lucid Dream!

Postby Bails91 » 06 Aug 2014 08:36

Hi Guys,

New here and I just wanted to share with you my first Lucid dream and get any tips if possible! I had been browsing this website last week as my dreams are often vivid and had once had a Lucid dream when I was younger. I wanted to be able to control my dreams better and briefly researched reality checks and stabilising my lucid dreams.

A day later after only browsing without trying (did two reality checks during the day) I had my first Lucid dream:

I am running down an empty road with desolate buildings on the left of me and a wide-open field at the end, chasing after two men on motorcycles. I can't recall exactly why I am chasing them; I just know that I should be. This makes me question why I am chasing them and what it was exactly that they had done wrong. I then said to myself "I must be dreaming" I stop running and look at my hands begging them to be blurry, when I lift them they are out of focus. I try to contain my excitement so as to not wake myself up and I say out loud "I am dreaming." To confirm I attempt to put my left index finger through my right palm and I am amazed when it goes through. All at once my back is facing towards the empty field and the two men on motorcycles are now standing alongside me, I start to get a feeling of calm with these men, as though they are saying "There you go, you figured it out." I look around me and can't believe how vivid everything feels, as though my senses have been heightened, the sun feels warm on my face and shoulders, and the greenness of the field is beyond explanation. As the three of us begin walking, I feel like they are there to help me and 'hold my hand' through the process. I begin to feel like I am losing the lucidity of the dream, I turn around to stabilise and find it brings some of the clarity back although not all. While we continue walking I start pondering all of the possibilities I could do while in this state. I let my mind wander, which I now believe caused my unconscious mind to take control of the dream.

If anyone could give me any pointers on remaining lucid for longer that would be great!! After researching some more, I believe I should have said "I am dreaming" a few more times, or rub my hands together.

I cannot believe how vivid everything felt!!

I have tried to have more lucid dreams since without any luck :(

Thankyou everyone!!

HAGART

Re: First Lucid Dream!

Postby HAGART » 09 Aug 2014 20:23

One of the best ways to get better at something is practice and experience with time. But before that, you need to know what to do in the first place. And there are many things, and I'll just share some of my thoughts.

As you have learned, letting your mind wander or becoming mesmerized and transfixed on something will often lead back to non-lucidity as if you simply forget you are dreaming. That is very common, and after your first initial reality check and confirmation that you are dreaming, it needs to be repeated from time to time.

It's also a great idea to have a list of planned lucid dream goals to accomplish. Giving yourself something to do will keep you focused on the dream, and not on waking reality. I don't always do this, and I too forget, but a great way to have a longer, productive lucid dream is to have several goals. Attempt one, and if it fails try another. After you accomplish it or fail, remind yourself you are dreaming again, and do something else. Put your finger through your palm or whatever technique you like, and then go on to another task. That will maintain your lucid state. It could be a preplanned goal or you may simply come up with something on the spot because it seems like a good idea at the time given the current circumstances of the dream.

So my advice is to keep busy and remind yourself you are dreaming from time to time to maintain your lucid dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Bails91

Postby Bails91 » 08 Oct 2014 08:48

Great Thankyou so much! I will definitely have a look at dream goals that I wish to complete! Thankyou for your advise

Howtolucid

Postby Howtolucid » 12 Oct 2014 19:44

Good to hear you're having some success.

A great way to stay Lucid for a little longer is to rub your hands together while you're in the dream. Do this right when you realize you're dreaming. Spinning around can help too, as it helps to ground you in the dream and makes your mind focus on something to avoid losing clarity.
Visit HowToLucid DOT com for free Lucid Dreaming lessons!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”