Anyone know this book...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LD43081

Anyone know this book...

Postby LD43081 » 06 Aug 2014 13:37

I found a book in the Kindle store this morning called "Lucid Dream on Command" by Jamie Alexander. I haven't found anything on this site or any of the other lucid dreaming focused sites about it. It has pretty good reviews on Amazon and Reddit, but was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on it.

Thanks,
LD

Summerlander

Re: Anyone know this book...

Postby Summerlander » 06 Aug 2014 18:32

How much do you know about this book. What did the reviews say? Is it on the practical sides of things? If so, it must be valuable.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 06 Aug 2014 18:47

Summerlander wrote:How much do you know about this book. What did the reviews say? Is it on the practical sides of things? If so, it must be valuable.

I perused the table of contents, and the topic/chapter headings look interesting, but I really don't know much about it. I was hoping someone here did as I have a lot of reading to do and am trying to figure out where in the priority list I should put this.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Aug 2014 23:00

I tell you what. I'm going to help find out more about it. Maybe it's commendable and if so we should spread the word to anyone who's interested in lucid dreaming. Gimme a couple of days...

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 07 Aug 2014 15:42

Summerlander wrote:I tell you what. I'm going to help find out more about it. Maybe it's commendable and if so we should spread the word to anyone who's interested in lucid dreaming. Gimme a couple of days...

Thanks. Just to be clear, I wasn't asking someone to read it for me, just wondering if someone already had. :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Aug 2014 20:07

No problem. But I'll still do some research. You got me interested now. :-D

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Aug 2014 08:11

He used to be on this site and wanted me to do a guest post on his own site. Have good look to make sure its not re-hashed materials, might be good I would not know.

I would tend to stick to the well known authors and this is no easy way but a lot of books are good. I have a library full (about 20 or so anyway)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”