About Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Daviddd

About Lucid Dreaming

Postby Daviddd » 03 Aug 2014 09:02

Hello, I've had a Lucid Dream many times already. I was a little kid when I had LD/SP first time. Sometimes, I knew that I could do nearly anything, but I didn't know that fact that I was dreaming. Sometimes, I either performed a reality check or saw something unusual (Like a dead person being alive) and realised that I was dreaming (It's called DILD as far as I remember). Now, I have a few questions regarding to Lucid Dreaming:

1) I've been trying to master WILD. I had roughly ten attempts but none of them worked. My body became unfeelable, I saw some strange figures (Most likely hypnagogia) but that was rather my imagination than a vision. I've waited for like one hour but nothing happened.

The first question is, which tenchnique is easiest besides DILD/WILD? And why am I unable to perform WILD?

**Note: I don't really have go-to-bed and get-up times. So CAT wouldn't work.

2) When I interact with dream characters in my dream (Even if I know that I'm dreaming and I'm lucid) their behaviour is just normal. I read some crazy stories about dream characters talking wisely about dreams and etc. Some of them even see the same dream character again and again. None of them happened to me. They're just acting normal, and if I tell them that I'm dreaming, they kinda get angry and deny it.

The second question is, have you ever met an unique dream character whos behaviour wasn't like in normal life? (Example: Talking to him about Lucid Dreaming).

3) I read an article about talking to your unconscious mind by your conscious thoughts. Like, shouting something, and getting an answer in various ways.

Example: Shouting "Show me something amazing." and something that amazes you really happens.

The third question is, has any of you tried it? Is it working?

4) Today after I woke up, I just turned around and tried to continue sleep. My brain thought that I was sleeping and activated REM Atonia (Aka sleep paralysis). Usually, my hypnagogic visions are just some random dark patterns. At the time, I clearly saw some geometrical figures moving and changing sizes. I wasn't aware that my body was paralysed, and opened my eyes. As I said earlier, I have experienced sleep paralysis few times already, so it didn't really scare me (Though I saw something sitting on my window :p). I tried to gently shake my toes & fingers and started to breath hardly just to find out that my arms were free. So were my toes. Yet, I still felt paralysed. Finally, it ended.

Fourth question is: If I tried to float out of the body during the sleep paralysis, would it be OBE exit? Whats so special OBE anyways? Is there anything scary, or its just an ordinary lucid dream?

Thanks in advance.

P.S: Its my first thread here, if I opened it in the wrong place, please move it.
Last edited by Daviddd on 03 Aug 2014 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

JonSnowLD

Re: About Lucid Dreaming

Postby JonSnowLD » 03 Aug 2014 10:43

I can't answer all these since I don't know all the answers ;)

But in reference to a technique which is easiest to perform beside WILD/DILD is a tricky one. These are more types of lucid dream than techniques themselves! For example MILD is a technique that is aimed at creating DILDs. Yes, WILD is used as a technique name itself but there are still many different ways to induce a WILD!
SSILD is a WILD/DILD hybrid as it can cause both types of lucid dream.
I personally like MILD, as its a tried and tested way to get a decent number of DILDs. And WBTB is a little like instant CAT if you get up whenever.

As to not being able to perform WILD, they are notoriously difficult! The only WILDs I've had so far have been happy accidents, not deliberate XD DILDs are a lot easier to attain.

For the second question, my DCs are very slippery too-they often treat me as a stranger that they just want to go away! So no, I've never managed to have an in depth convo with a DC... Yet B)

Question 3, I have tried this, the one time that springs to mind was Kaley Cuoco drove up in a sports car which was quite cool ;)

I'll leave someone else to answer the OBE one... I've not had any OBEs ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Daviddd

Postby Daviddd » 05 Aug 2014 18:04

Thanks for the reply! Do you think that I should give up on WILD and try to focus more on MILD/DILD? What would you say about DEILD, isn't it just like WILD?

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 05 Aug 2014 20:00

No problem! :) I'm not saying Give up on WILD, just maybe focus on DILDs until you have a few more LDs under your belt-this is what i'm doing ;)
My experience of DEILD is a bit sparse to tell the truth and in both instances I have had one, the dream I was in beforehand was a lucid one. What I did was as soon as I felt my 'body' in bed I immediately got up even though it felt like my body weighed a millon tonnes! (this idea came from Summerlander) I ended up in a dream version of my room which is similar to many WILDs/OBEs so I guess in that sense yeah they are similar. Also, you are entering a DEILD from a wakened state even if you are still half asleep so I guess you are probably right-DEILD is like a spur of the moment WILD.
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Aug 2014 20:58

Daviddd wrote:
4) Today after I woke up, I just turned around and tried to continue sleep. My brain thought that I was sleeping and activated REM Atonia (Aka sleep paralysis). Usually, my hypnagogic visions are just some random dark patterns. At the time, I clearly saw some geometrical figures moving and changing sizes. I wasn't aware that my body was paralysed, and opened my eyes. As I said earlier, I have experienced sleep paralysis few times already, so it didn't really scare me (Though I saw something sitting on my window :p). I tried to gently shake my toes & fingers and started to breath hardly just to find out that my arms were free. So were my toes. Yet, I still felt paralysed. Finally, it ended.

Fourth question is: If I tried to float out of the body during the sleep paralysis, would it be OBE exit? Whats so special OBE anyways? Is there anything scary, or its just an ordinary lucid dream?

Thanks in advance.

P.S: Its my first thread here, if I opened it in the wrong place, please move it.

It sounds like you were really close to finding yourself in a WILD. What you need to do at that point is just relax and concentrate. Eventually you may be able to focus on those images and be able to phase into a Lucid Dream. There are some users that have found that controlling their dream body and walking into a WILD is easier though, so I assume it depends on the user.

4) Personally, I don't bother with the floating thing, you don't have a lot of control over your dream body then. And who says you are actually doing that (thankfully that horrible paranormal technique has been proven not to exist, because it is a definite recipe for creepy pasta that's for sure)? It is all Lucid Dreaming. I don't know about that move, however there is a notable difference between phasing into a WILD, and controlling your dream body while laying down, and then entering a WILD that way.

There is in fact a way to see if you are in fact in your dream body i.e. in a slight Lucid Dream already in SP. Perform some reality checks while in SP to see if you can enter a WILD. Lift an arm or leg. Chances are, there may be a dream sign with the arm. Listen very carefully to the breathing you are doing in the background to see if it matches yours correctly, this is a very overlooked dream sign that many users miss. Once you see a dream sign, it will automatically indicate to you that you are in a dream body and you can then attempt to control it by moving it in any way you like just like you would you real body and enter the WILD from there. Personally I just sit my dream body up and push the rest dream body up, and usually find myself in my bedroom (or wherever I started). Personally I like to call them Dream Body WILDs, because you enter them by controlling your dream body.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Daviddd

Postby Daviddd » 06 Aug 2014 09:59

Thanks for your answers guys. Though, I do not consider myself as a begginer since I've already had a lucis dreams many times, but using DILD.

I have another question. My dream recall is pretty good. These days I remembered 1-3 vivid dreams every morning. I wrote one of them down but then stopped. I'm really slow writter and it takes me almost a half hour to write it! I just decided to think about that dream and recall it in my mind untill 'it gets in my head'. What do you think about this idea? If its bad, can I write the dream in my smatphone?

I have one question to JonSnowLD. He seems to be kinda against WILD/DEILD. I wonder, what do you think about MILD's part which is later transformed to WILD.

Aaand one more general question. During sleep paralysis, I find it extremally easy to move my limbs once I close my eyes. What will happen if I try to get up and walk? Thanks in advance.

P.S: Sorry for typos, I'm on a phone and also really sleepy.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 06 Aug 2014 16:49

Daviddd wrote:
Aaand one more general question. During sleep paralysis, I find it extremally easy to move my limbs once I close my eyes. What will happen if I try to get up and walk? Thanks in advance.

P.S: Sorry for typos, I'm on a phone and also really sleepy.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

If you can get up and walk, open your eyes and immediately perform a reality check. This may very well be your dream body you are moving, not your real body. There are several that are usually worth while. The first one is the clock. For most users, the clock will often show an inaccurate time, or is distorted, so that shouldn't be a problem. Or trying to touch it will not work. There's also the mirror reality check. Attempt to look in the mirror and see what happens. Your reflection may be distorted, or there may be no reflection, or there might be something wrong. Actually that in fact works in my Dream Body WILDs, as I don't see my reflection, but I see a reflection of the room. Trying to flip a switch or open a door and finding you may be unable to do so might work. Also, your bed can be an automatic dream symbol as well. If you look back at your bed and see you cloned yourself, that is an automatic dream sign as well, as human cloning doesn't exist in science as of yet.
Here I'll show you a video of SpongeBob reality checking, and he uses his clone as a reality check: 0:53
Questioning where he is, he sees his clone, then he realizes fish cloning doesn't yet exist in Bikini Bottom, and asks himself, "Am I still Dreaming?" Then it hits him, and he becomes Lucid. Then you see him do several Lucid Dreaming stunts in the rest of the episode, like duplicating himself, inflating himself, shape-shifting himself, summoning animals, and more. The fact that he managed to use his memorization to re-create Bikini Bottom with intense clarity in his Lucid Dream (not including the Dream Sharing) says a lot about his apparent control level.
Goodbye forever...

Daviddd

Postby Daviddd » 06 Aug 2014 17:09

Well yeah, I know most of those reality checks as they're part of MILD (Which as JonSnowLD said is aimed at creating DILDs). And I've seen that episode :D ! It's too sad to say that I've never had successful WILD. Is there any different between a LD which is 'created' by WILD and a LD which is 'created' by DILD? Also, as I'm a slow writter, can I write my dream in my Smartphone's notebook?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 06 Aug 2014 17:41

Daviddd wrote:Well yeah, I know most of those reality checks as they're part of MILD (Which as JonSnowLD said is aimed at creating DILDs). And I've seen that episode :D ! It's too sad to say that I've never had successful WILD. Is there any different between a LD which is 'created' by WILD and a LD which is 'created' by DILD? Also, as I'm a slow writter, can I write my dream in my Smartphone's notebook?

A WILD is when you go straight from consciousness into a Lucid Dream without once losing it. If you are in SP in fact you may not even notice you are inside your dream body when you move it, which is why it is very important to reality check, even while in SP, because oftentimes False Awakenings happen because of it.

A DILD is exactly how SpongeBob had has Lucid Dream. Where you go straight from unconsciousness into a Lucid Dream, and oftentimes you perform a reality check to become Lucid.
For example, when I went and had my colonoscopy that one time, and lost consciousness, then found myself in a Lucid Dream a few seconds later, and became aware of it pretty fast (because that DILD was very similar in nature to my WILDs, I instantly knew).

Yes you can write your Lucid Dreams anywhere. You can even draw them on a sketchpad if you wish.
Goodbye forever...

Daviddd

Postby Daviddd » 06 Aug 2014 18:32

JonSnowLD told me to focus on MILD/DILDs more rather than WILDs. What would you say? It seems really hard for me. I'm not trying to OBE, just Lucid Dream. Sometimes, I stay still without moving a single limb for an hour but nothing happens.

**Note: I don't really want to 'leave' the body like while doing OBEs. Though, I'm not afraid of Sleep Paralysis (In fact, I've had one today). I just want to get 'teleported' to the dream scene while being conscious.

Another question, I started to write my dreams since 2 or 3 days ago. By this time, my dream recall has become alot better. Every morning, I can remember 1-3 dreams and one of them is very vivid, sometimes Lucid. Does it have anything to do with dream journaling?

Return to “For Beginners”