Lucid dream within a dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Lucid dream within a dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Jan 2012 05:01

Last night I had a dream that I was having a lucid dream. Kind of strange waking up feeling like I sort of had a lucid dream, but not really. I remembered the dream quite well, especially all the RCs I was doing looking at my hands. Each time I looked there was a different finger missing. One of the differences between a regular LD and a dream LD is that in the dream LD you don't remember the moment you went lucid and all of those conscious level details that are more similar to waking life. I was lucid the entire time in the dream LD and I didn't remember when I "woke up" in the dream. It was interesting and I was wondering what would have happened if I got lucidity in that dream. Maybe it would started some kind of feedback like when you get the speaker too close to the microphone.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Lucid dream within a dream

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2012 20:04

I had an obe a few nights back but stil unshore if it was within a dream, a FA or from a WILD

After all these years I still get stumped at times and its wonderful
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Jan 2012 19:01

I know what you mean. I just had another LD this morning, but I'm not sure whether I dreamed I was having an LD or if it was actually an LD. I distinctly remember the RCs and they were exactly the same as I would have a real LD so I am confused. But it's still very interesting and a great learning experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2012 23:24

In a nice way it all gets bent and twisted at times and its so hard to work it out. I had a FA a few nights back in a LD and I was at home at mums place, this is normal as when I travel I will stay at her place if I am in her town so no suprise to wake up and hear her voice in the kitchen. I was not sure for some reason so I put my hand up and pushed it through the wall and then just laughed as I knew I was dreaming and fully lucid - so away again through the wall and into another adventure. This was all part of the dream I posted but I only put up headings this time.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Jan 2012 15:19

Peter wrote:I put my hand up and pushed it through the wall and then just laughed as I knew I was dreaming and fully lucid - so away again through the wall and into another adventure.

Sounds like a great LD! How long to do you guess that it lasted? I've read that we actually have a fairly good sense of time during a dream.

These things sure get confusing. It feels like the further we get, the greater the challenges become, and the rewards too. The dreams keep throwing new things at us, it's so fascinating.

For the second night in a row, I had a lucid dream in a dream or maybe just a lucid dream, I can't tell. I'm still not sure whether I was dreaming that I was having an LD. This is the third time in a week, but each time it gets closer to a real LD. It looks like these LDs in a dream are turning into real LDs slowly with each one. The first time it was obviously a dream of being lucid, the second time less obvious, last night was too close to call. I like them because they are completely spontaneous and natural requiring amost no effort on my part, just the desire to have them. I'm hoping the next will be a total lucid dream.

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jan 2012 01:20

This was a WILD on a very small dose of G so times are fairly accurate and it was around 90 minutes from start to finish. You could take a some time of this but confident that it would have been in excess of an hour long LD in total. There were 5 or 6 segments that flowed on from each other

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 31 Jan 2012 23:24

Hey I just had my 6th LD, this one didn't last 10 minutes, and I was just about to make a topic saying the same thing.

It started off in a normal dream, I was at some family get together, and they were talking about how the universe was slowly vanishing into nothing. I said this process will take billions of years and we sohuldnt worry about it, that the human race will be wiped out soon anyway. They then said we are responsible for future intelligent species... well it went on. However this is where it gets weird.

Somewhere along the line I was like a younger self, I was like a little kid at a family get together. Im 20 now and I felt like a 12 year old, I was dreaming and not aware of it so it seemed normal, maybe it was more like a memory? Anyway eventually I snuck away to get a snack, and decided to try have a lucid dream ( it was still on my mind from the real world trying to LD)

So yeah I managed to get a Lucid Dream while in a dream, and I was able to jump around the countryside at huge heights. Every time I jumped I doubled the distance, and eventually I decided to fly into the sky into space, something I remember users doing on this site but I never think to do it while dreaming.

To my surprise it worked, I flew into space. I tried to fly into the blackhole in the middle of the milkyway, but eventually I got sucked into this weird blue tunnel thing that you see in peoples avatars on this site ( maybe this site kinda set the template for space dreams?)

Anyway I woke up because while flying around people were calling out for me and looking for me at the get together, eventually I woke up like a false awakening and went along with the first dream.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Jan 2012 23:41

thats a lot of fun - flying round space is great. good post

dreamfly

Postby dreamfly » 03 Mar 2012 18:55

I am not sure if I started out in a LD or not, but I was standing in a house,( not mine ) and I noticed a cat, trying to paw at a mouse that someone had put inside a 2 liter bottle along with some plant material to make almost like a mini world for the mouse. I looked closer at the bottle, because I thought, who would do that? and I noticed that the end of the bottle where the cap should be, that the end of the bottle wasn't a normal bottle which told me I was dreaming. Almost as soon as I realized I was dreaming, my next movement was not normal, I tried to walk closer to the bottle but instead, I was floating upright, just an inch or two off of the floor. Once I saw I was floating, I immediately turned around and floated towards the back door in hopes that I could go fly,( something I have done many times before but was unable to return to ) and I unlocked the door while floating towards it because I was aware that if the door was locked and I ran into it, I would wake up. I opened the door outward, and began to float higher. I was now about 5-6 feet off the back porch and the porch was at least 20 feet high and I was worried that without a lot of recent flying experience, I may fall and get hurt so, I grabbed the porch rail and lowered myself down to the back yard while my legs and body floated straight out and once I landed and my feet touched down, I lost the dream and woke up. I have wanted to fly again for years but I recently watched the movie CHRONICLE and because of the flying in the film, I had been thinking about it during my waking hours.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » 03 Mar 2012 20:26

Lol it always seems like your hands are deformed! Try this; once you are in control, demand for your hands to look normal? :3
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”