I keep dreaming I am lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

I keep dreaming I am lucid dreaming

Postby hexagon999 » 11 Aug 2014 13:36

Hi! I'm new here so I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly but I've looked all over the internet and can't find an answer to this question...

I've been trying to lucid dream for a week now, and each night I've succeeded in experiencing something, but I'm pretty sure that something is not a lucid dream. I keep dreaming I am lucid dreaming. I have no control over my dream, nor do I feel aware that I am dreaming as it happens. It's like I'm an onlooker feeling myself respond to the fact I'm dreaming but not responding myself. When 'I' yell "clarity" the dream seems to become more vivid but it is still completely fuzzy in reality.

I thought at first that I was experiencing semi-lucidity but that is not the case. I am literally dreaming that I'm having a lucid dream and doing all the things I would do if I was lucid.

Sorry if this has made no sense, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: I keep dreaming I am lucid dreaming

Postby GalMutzafy » 12 Aug 2014 18:04

It's really common actually, it can be quite mistaken as a lucid dream or a regular dream about lucid dreaming...

For example I had like two lucid dreams that I remember that I just don't remember myself thinking that I am dreaming, I remember it as a regular dream and I am doing random stuff but I didn't think normally then, so I don't really sure what it was.

For me and you I think it's a low level of a lucid dream, it's like you were lucid but you remember it really blurry and weak and etc.

By the way, dreaming about lucid dreaming itself is a progress! and only a week it's great, keep it up and you will eventually become really lucid soon.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”