Research on Out-of-Body Experiences until 14th Aug

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Andrew Hodrien

Research on Out-of-Body Experiences until 14th Aug

Postby Andrew Hodrien » 13 Aug 2014 14:57

Hi everyone,

Please see below for research I am currently conducting on Out-of-Body Experiences until this Thursday 14th (23:50 GMT), which I hope you will be interested in participating in.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Have you had an ‘Out-of-Body Experience'?

Request for research participants

Have you had one or more Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs) in which it seems as if your sense of self or consciousness has become separated from your physical body? These experiences can occur under a variety of conditions.

If you have experienced one or more OBEs, researchers at Nottingham Trent University are interested to hear from you about your experience(s).

Please note the study will close on 14th August 2014 (extended from 31st July 2014). Details of how to participate in their study can be found here:

http://www.obesurvey.webspace.virginmedia.com/

Summerlander

Re: Research on Out-of-Body Experiences until 14th Aug

Postby Summerlander » 13 Aug 2014 20:32

I'd love to participate but I'm so busy this month. :-(

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Andrew Hodrien

Postby Andrew Hodrien » 13 Aug 2014 21:47

Summerlander wrote:I'd love to participate but I'm so busy this month. :-(

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Hi Summerlander,

Thank you for your interest but sorry you are unable to participate. If you do somehow get the time in the next 24 hours, it just involves reading some information and filling in a survey, which could take about 20-30 minutes.

If that is not possible, I will be running a follow-up survey (linked to this research) later this year which you can participate in. Please email me (on andrew.hodrien@ntu.ac.uk or send me a PM here) you email address so I can note down your contact details to send you that research directly when it is ready (of course you can decide at the time if you wish to participate).

Many thanks,

Andrew

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 13 Aug 2014 22:14

I have done the survey. My OBE was nothing special but I am glad I can contribute to your research. Looking forward to the results.
Dreaming is my drug

Andrew Hodrien

Postby Andrew Hodrien » 13 Aug 2014 22:47

torakrubik wrote:I have done the survey. My OBE was nothing special but I am glad I can contribute to your research. Looking forward to the results.

Thanks very much for participating. Also, just my opinion but I think all OBEs are special so thanks for your contribution :) By the way, did you note down the procedure for requesting results after the research is complete?

Andrew

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Aug 2014 22:33

Andrew Hodrien wrote:
torakrubik wrote:I have done the survey. My OBE was nothing special but I am glad I can contribute to your research. Looking forward to the results.

Thanks very much for participating. Also, just my opinion but I think all OBEs are special so thanks for your contribution :) By the way, did you note down the procedure for requesting results after the research is complete?

Andrew

Yes, I have the details, thank you!
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Aug 2014 22:20

Just found this, any late entries accepted ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Aug 2014 22:58

Done and send a quick note by mail to you

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Aug 2014 00:17

I followed the link (still in time) and was serious about it, but then I realized, "Have I ever had an OBE?" (According to the definition). I decided, No, so I didn't complete it. Maybe I have, but just don't know, because of semantics and the definition of it.

One of the main criteria was to have one in particular to share. I will never see the results and will never know, but if any of you are willing to share them here, it would be fascinating to read. Not just for me. I bet Andrew Hodrien, and others would enjoy that too. If some of your stories relate to my own, then maybe I did have an OBE after all and I'll share mine!

I only ask because I'm curious and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
(Or you just ignore it and get a new wheel!) :P
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Aug 2014 04:31

The OBE I think is only the exit from the body and then it is just another way to enter a lucid dream. it is a different way to start and the body sensations and exit from the sleeping body make it unique but after that its just opinions on what is going on most likely will never be resolved

Return to “Dream Science”