Research on Out-of-Body Experiences until 14th Aug

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
HAGART

Re: Research on Out-of-Body Experiences until 14th Aug

Postby HAGART » 16 Aug 2014 15:42

Some may have experienced an OBE that wasn't a lucid dream however. For example if it was drug induced, or perhaps due to a Near Death Experience, or a high fever.

Ironically, the whole purpose of the study was to define it better, and I got caught up at the beginning when I read the definition! :?

Anyway, the study is over, and I don't want to beat a dead horse with another OBE vs Lucid Dream debate. I was curious to hear some Out of Body Experiences that were not lucid dream related. If they are lucid dream related, then I could have filled out the questionnaire after all.

What's done is done, and this squeaky wheel has greased itself and will roll on......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Aug 2014 22:06

On that note there is the time I hit car that didn't stop at an intersection and floated above my motor bike and watched it until the point where I hit the windscreen and was back in this world or the time I had an operation and watched some of it on the screen.

Not dream related at all, and the times when I drive my car way too fast into a corner and start to feel a tingling starting in my finger tips that moves up my arm. Really bad when it gets to my shoulder and i say its my spirit getting ready to bail from my body as it expects the worst.
all fun and very real
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 01:37

I have had many of these dreams where you feel like you are leaving your body.

Leaving your body is the easiest way to enter a lucid dream (for me).

It is also the easiest way to lucid dream at will.

You just perform a relaxation technique, and focus on leaving your body.

I have had long chains of 5 OBEs in one night.

I am LucidityMaster. You can ask me any questions you like.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Aug 2014 04:18

Ok so lets ask the obvious, how do you do your relaxation and explain the steps to getting an OBE dream entry

It sounds interesting and worth learning
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 01:06

Hey Peter,

I only trust techniques developed or supported by the leading experts in lucid dream research.

These include Stephen LaBerge and Thomas Yuschak.

To relax myself and stay focused, I begin with rhythmic breathing.

I then use the 61 point relaxation recommended by Stephen LaBerge in his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Then I perform tactile and seeded Visualizations recommended by Thomas Yuschak in Advanced Lucid dreaming.

Seeded Visualizations are also known as active passive Visualizations.

Tactile Visualizations prepare you for the OBE transition, while helping you maintain focus.

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Aug 2014 02:52

These include Stephen LaBerge and Thomas Yuschak

Thanks, LaBerge - I read one of his books and they were good and some of his relaxation techniques are very good.

Thomas Yaschak - in a class above and have his book Advanced Lucid Dreaming. I didnt really follow the exercises as I had plenty of success so didnt need to but found the information on supplements interesting and really useful and have a reliable mix that I use from time to time.

As he states, nothing really prepares you for hte first few times and that is the most truthful statement I have read. If you have a reading list of links to any of Thomas's notes or blogs I would love to get them and follow up.

Thanks for the reply and any more thoughts on what works would be great. Im sure a lot of people will reading this thread

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2014 07:27

I wish I'd know about this earlier, I would of loved to share one of the more interesting OBEs in which I proved it was real in some way with a researcher
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 09:25

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Can't stop laughing

Did you just say you think your OBE was real?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 11 Sep 2014 00:14

LucidityMaster wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Can't stop laughing

Did you just say you think your OBE was real?

There's no need to be provocative. If you are going to debate the existence of OBEs please do it civilly.
Dreaming is my drug

Andrew Hodrien

Postby Andrew Hodrien » 09 Nov 2014 14:23

Thanks to anyone who participated in the earlier version of the survey.

taniaaust1 wrote:I wish I'd know about this earlier, I would of loved to share one of the more interesting OBEs in which I proved it was real in some way with a researcher

I'm sorry you missed the earlier survey. If you see this today is there any chance you could please send me a PM? Thanks.

Andrew

Return to “Dream Science”