Bodily Vibrations and Wind noises after? falling asleep

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Big_Sexy

Bodily Vibrations and Wind noises after? falling asleep

Postby Big_Sexy » 28 Jan 2012 08:33

So last night after taking some alpha brain to induce Lucid dreams. And while trying to go to sleep I recall a strong vibrational rhythm pulsing through my body, at the same time I could hear a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh sound like a massive blade slicing through the air in circles around me traveling from my head to my feet and back around sort of like a hamster wheel with one or two very large blades that traveled at great speed. I could also feel wind but I go to sleep with my fan on so idk? At one point the room changed, but it switched back very quickly after i blinked. Im thinking I was fixing to astral project but I really don't know I just know I've never ever experienced anything like this....Any takes on this? Oh, hello to all :D

flip101

Re: Bodily Vibrations and Wind noises after? falling asleep

Postby flip101 » 28 Jan 2012 08:42

Well its either you have a really strong hipnagogic imagery and you took to the a new level where you were living your dream before you even got to sleep, or you went to sleep already, unknowingly, and you were only semi-lucid, and your subconscious was playing with you, and once you blinked your eyes you woke up. You take your pick.
Lucid dreaming is Reality, you mind's reality. It is what your subconscious sees and thinks through your eyes and your mind. It is the way you truly see the world.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 06:19

Big_Sexy wrote:So last night after taking some alpha brain to induce Lucid dreams. And while trying to go to sleep I recall a strong vibrational rhythm pulsing through my body,

This part sounds like rem atonia, but...

Big_Sexy wrote: at the same time I could hear a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh sound like a massive blade slicing through the air in circles around me traveling from my head to my feet and back around sort of like a hamster wheel with one or two very large blades that traveled at great speed. I could also feel wind but I go to sleep with my fan on so idk?

These parts are clearly dream images inspired by your fan. Most likely you fell asleep and then "woke up" in rem sleep or lucidity if you were lucid.

As for the astral projection I've only done that awake and in a dream and in mine one I sort of pops out almost instantly.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Big_Sexy

Postby Big_Sexy » 29 Jan 2012 09:18

Thanks for the input peoples, weird how I've never experienced something like this before. I bought a couple of books o the topic of lucid dreaming both of which are instructional and contain techniques to induce lucidity or lucid dreams in them, can't wait. I wonder if you guys talk about OBE's or sleep paralysis here, Ive yet to see the juxtaposition of Lucid Dreaming and OBE's associated with sleep paralysis. Has anyone been able to extract information from the current Zeitgeist on this? Or is this a topic for a new post? And I'm not sure if it would be considered proper to put the current in front of Zeitgeist or not, it seems the term would imply that it be current but thats not what Mr.Webster says?

Return to “For Beginners”