Tips on falling asleep faster?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
deschainXIX

Re: Tips on falling asleep faster?

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Jun 2014 23:09

Getting a permanent mantra has been helpful for me.

What I mean by "permanent mantra" is one you just use all the time, for whatever reason. I started thinking "and (inhale)...I'm dreaming (exhale)" while falling alseep like a year ago. And I just started using whenever. When meditating, falling asleep, inducing concentration, calming down.

Maybe just starting to use a mantra all the time, until your subconscious is always whispering it. Something short and simple like "I'm relaxed" maybe.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 04 Jun 2014 02:16

deschainXIX wrote:Getting a permanent mantra has been helpful for me.

What I mean by "permanent mantra" is one you just use all the time, for whatever reason. I started thinking "and (inhale)...I'm dreaming (exhale)" while falling alseep like a year ago. And I just started using whenever. When meditating, falling asleep, inducing concentration, calming down.

Maybe just starting to use a mantra all the time, until your subconscious is always whispering it. Something short and simple like "I'm relaxed" maybe.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

That's actually what ive been doing for the past few months and it's been great. In fact based on the dreams I've had, I feel like I'm closer to mastering lucid dreaming more than ever because of it.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 19 Aug 2014 17:10

It takes me approximately 1.6415926 hours to fall asleep, and that's very annoying, especially in the summer when the sun rises early. It means I have to go to sleep at like 8:45 or be sleep-deprived. I am going to try these techniques though. :)

[ Post made via IntergalacticSpaceboatOfLightAndWonder ] Image

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 19 Aug 2014 18:08

Jackson wrote:It takes me approximately 1.6415926 hours to fall asleep, and that's very annoying, especially in the summer when the sun rises early. It means I have to go to sleep at like 8:45 or be sleep-deprived. I am going to try these techniques though. :)

Have you thought about getting a dark sheet to put over your window? That's what I have. I also tack the side to make sure it doesn't leak any sunlight.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 19 Aug 2014 18:44

Guitar48300 wrote:
Jackson wrote:It takes me approximately 1.6415926 hours to fall asleep, and that's very annoying, especially in the summer when the sun rises early. It means I have to go to sleep at like 8:45 or be sleep-deprived. I am going to try these techniques though. :)

Have you thought about getting a dark sheet to put over your window? That's what I have. I also tack the side to make sure it doesn't leak any sunlight.

I haven't done that but I will try, because it really would help if I didn't have to get before the sun rises, so thanks :D Also what the heck did I post with :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

DJRSXS

Postby DJRSXS » 28 Aug 2014 06:07

I usually try to visualize my body shutting down for sleep. Start with your feet, relax them, get them comfortable, let them sit for a few mins, then your ankle , then your calf muscles, then thigh, stomach, chest, hands, forearms, shoulders, neck, and finally your head. I flex mine and then let them rest, so I know what muscles I'm accessing, and to relax it. It usually takes me about 10 mins or so to fall asleep, doesn't help that the wife sleeps diagonal and leaves me with 1/2 a foot to sleep on lol

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 07:11

Try listening to white noise. There are many apps available that have white noise.

Evacarey

Postby Evacarey » 20 Feb 2015 20:00

For asleep faster, here are some ways:-

1. Exercise during the day time.
2. Try to avoid some beverages that interfere such as caffeine.
3. Try to avoid naps in the day time, as it makes difficult to fall asleep.
4.Take light dinner, heavy meals may be difficult to digest.
5. Start your bed time routine at the same time each day and maintain a regular sleep time.
6. take a warm bath before bed time.
Sleep Paralysis Stories---> http://sleep-paralysis-info.com

KethSuzane

Postby KethSuzane » 14 Apr 2015 19:41

As i had already discuss about the sleeping tips that just to focus on few things such as affirm, breath and intention.
Samsung 4k TV --->4k.com/tv

oceanwild

Postby oceanwild » 08 Jul 2015 04:49

well. do work out and take the 5htp it may helps. http://www.best-dietary-supplements.com/5-htp-3

Return to “Sleep Disorders”