Favorite Movie?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
loulouroos

Postby loulouroos » 19 Mar 2014 04:27

Last edited by loulouroos on 27 Mar 2016 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
... And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
-R. Dahl

Snaggle

Re: Favorite Movie?

Postby Snaggle » 19 Mar 2014 10:28

Classic Movies: The Prince of Foxes (Tyrone Powers);Out of the Past (Robert Michum); Casablanca (Humphrey Bogart);Veracruz (Gary Cooper).

Old Movies: Flesh and Blood (Rugar Howard); The Princess Bride; Ice Castles; Home Alone; Dracula 2000.

Recent Movies: Sherlock Holms; V for Vendetta; Constantine; Dragged to Hell (attraction to the actress only ;) ) G.I. Joe (the Baroness was so hot :D); Kill Bill.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Mar 2014 02:07

I like animations, (which most disregard as childish), but like Princess Monoke, they can be more 'adult', with deeper issues.

The other day I saw, The Iron Giant. Good movie. It seems childish, but it's actually very poignant with philosophical themes of self identity. And, again, the bad guys are always the ones in 'power'. :evil:

And as for Snaggle's contribution. I should watch V For Vendetta again. It's on my list of movies to watch again! :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Mar 2014 05:54

HAGART wrote:I like animations, (which most disregard as childish), but like Princess Monoke, they can be more 'adult', with deeper issues.

The other day I saw, The Iron Giant. Good movie. It seems childish, but it's actually very poignant with philosophical themes of self identity. And, again, the bad guys are always the ones in 'power'. :evil:

And as for Snaggle's contribution. I should watch V For Vendetta again. It's on my list of movies to watch again! :D

Hagart everyone who likes art and also even draws likes anime and cartoons - I don't think there's anything rare in that. Horror and Scifi fans, also, are almost all anime fans.

As for those in power being always bad guys, we live in essentially all evil world, were almost everyone is tainted with some form of evil. Politicians and those running them behind the scenes are always evil, the only question is how many forms of evil do they combine and what other viscous qualities do they combine with their evil.

Even for ordinary people it's hard to become good and to remain uncorrupted by evil, as we are living in "an assylum for the criminally insane". The majority lack both the intelligence and rationality to discover what good and evil are. They remain determined by their personalities, by the morality (the values of the culture they were raised in), by the new "Politically Correct" morality that the government and those behind it are pushing as morality for the moment; religious morals, which like the Politically Correct kind are pseudo moralities just trying to become the new replacement morality. None of these moralities are of any value in finding good and evil - dung contains little gold, at best they provide seductive tests to build character through.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nawick

Postby nawick » 08 Aug 2014 01:28

I love a lot of movies. But my top 5 for the next 7 minutes are:

Fight Club
Snatch
Payback
Dogma
Men In Black

-----
Despised:
Barton Fink
Titus
Howard End
Napoleon Dynamite
Austin Powers
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 19 Aug 2014 16:54

Some movies I like;
Men in Black 3
Terminator
Brave Heart
Alien
The Lego Movie

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Aug 2014 02:32

Mrs Doubtfire
Dead Poets society
Machete Kills Again
Snaggle's Cynicism

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”