Hey there!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Sparrow

Hey there!

Postby Sparrow » 20 Aug 2014 18:52

Hi everyone! You can call me Vicki.
I'm from England, and I'm here because I want to learn about lucid dreaming! I found out about the concept earlier this year, and was (obviously) keen to give it a try! So, I studied the concept, and the furthest I got was having a dream about lucid dreaming. So I lost interest, and now I'm back! I'd really love to have my first LD. Over the past four days I've been packing in the reality checks and techniques before I go to bed, unfortunately with no luck.
So yeah, I'm hoping being more in key with the forum might help me on my quest!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidityMaster

Re: Hey there!

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 22:38

Hey Sparrow,

Welcome to the wonderful world of lucid dreaming!

Congratulations on attempting lucid dreaming again.

The rewards of learning lucid dreaming is worth all the persistence.

You've only been trying for four days, and you expect you will already have a lucid dream?

Typically, with DILD techniques, at least 1 to 2 weeks is necessary for reality checks to transfer into the dream state.

Only in rare cases do people achieve success on their first night of practice.

I was successful on my first attempt with DEILD/WILD techniques, but this is not typically what people experience.

Some people are DILDers, others are WILDers, and some are DEILDers. You must decide which of these three categories of techniques you prefer.

People who are better at relaxing themselves, and meditation, will usually prefer WILD.

Those who struggle with relaxation techniques may prefer DILD.

Those who are heavy sleepers, and skilled at remaining in the dream state, will enjoy DEILD.

Sparrow

Re: Hey there!

Postby Sparrow » 22 Aug 2014 23:26

Hi! Its nice to meet you! Thanks for the tips (on both threads!) About LDing techniques. I'll be sure to check out a little more about DEILD and see how it goes! I was quite upset about how after a long time trying to have a LD I didn't have any luck, but I realise now that persistance and effort is key. I'm going to keep all of my current techniques up and see how things go. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”