Need Validation that I'm not crazy- Precognition dreams

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Need Validation that I'm not crazy- Precognition dreams

Postby nesgirl » 16 Aug 2014 17:34

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

patches

Postby patches » 21 Aug 2014 19:13

Yes, thanks....I'm familiar with MAths, and probability, and khan academy. However, just bc "math has been around forever" doesn't mean that it's the answer to everything. Just bc some things happen by coincidence, doesn't mean that everything can be explained away as merely coincidence.
To automatically discount the possibility (however improbable you may think it is) that these things can or have happened, without any way to prove it either way...that's called blind faith. Not to mention a silly approach to science.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Aug 2014 21:24

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Aug 2014 22:30

Patches, I'm not being funny, mate, but, if you make an extraordinary claim, then you automatically need extraordinary evidence. You can't just say precogs are real because they haven't been disproved. This is an unscientific and unreasonable way of thinking and wouldn't get you very far in a court of law.

Imagine someone falsely accusing you of murder and you happen to be unable to provide an alibi. The allegation can neither be proved nor disproved. Do you think the plaintiff has a leg to stand on by saying, "I believe he committed that murder, it feels right to me, and he should be arrested and convicted because it can't be proved that he didn't..."?

Claims need to be backed up by compelling evidence. Nobody here has provided anything substantial that indicates a mechanism behind precognition. We have merely pointed out that, LOGICALLY, and mathematically, ostensible precognition in dreams is more likely to be a coincidental illusion. They should happen because if they didn't then it would be odd.

Beliefs should be based on facts and strong evidence, not faith or bias. So when you say silly things like, "...you just need to decide what you believe in based on what feels right to you" (as you said earlier) I must tell that such approach is fallacious from the get-go. It shouldn't be about how you feel at all. It shouldn't be about what subjectively feels right to you. It should be about the truth regardless of whether you like it or not. It should be about objective consideration because that is the way forward.

Have a good read of your previous posts and then ours. The only "faith" based thinking is coming from you. I can't prove that fairies don't exist and yet I don't believe in them because I've never seen one. If you tell me they exist, the onus is on you to provide evidence to convince me that they do. If you have nothing, I'll remain sceptical. Simple as that. I am not the one making tall claims...:-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Aug 2014 00:07

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 01:39

There is no such thing as a precognitive dream, sorry.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 22 Aug 2014 05:26

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Aug 2014 05:57

I'll jump in the fray and await a backlashing.

If it's all probability, then isn't it probable, given the billions of people on this planet, that some would have a precognitive dream? Even a one in a billion chance, means some have. There's nothing mystical or divine about it, it's just probability right. ;)

I have no faith, and I'm on no jury here, but if "precognition in dreams is more likely to be a coincidental illusion", doesn't that already admit that it happens from time to time, only with a low probability?

Even if it was all down to math, and probability, and coincidence than wouldn't those rare, seldom instances still be precognitive by its very definition?

Everyone knows about Deja View. I only had it a few times in the course of my life, so it's a very low probability, and yet, everyone across all cultures and creeds knows it exists with different names. Why? Because it's a real phenomenon, although not fully explained.

Instead of sweeping it all under the rug, we should be examining it with a magnifying glass. It may not be answered with math and physics, but instead with psychology, but there is still an answer somewhere, and many more questions yet to be answered.

(That wasn't so bad and I think my back should be spared from the lashings!) ;) :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nawick

Postby nawick » 22 Aug 2014 07:22

Precog dreams happen all the time. But those who have never had them insist they are impossible. Most likely just negative thinking. If someone "Knows" something is impossible, they will never accept it and just write it off as coincidence. Or they ask for "Scientific Proof", but even if you show them your dream journal they will probably say you just are lying. (Due dalliance falls on them. Have them "prove" that you are wrong.)
(Good thing bumblebees don't know that Jacob Ackeret prove they could not fly)
You are not crazy. DONT listen to people who are so closed minded that they refuse to consider anything that doesn't fit in their belief system.

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Aug 2014 09:21

I'm on both sides, and still don't have proof of either one.
Kailyn.Spears is long gone, and we all hijacked this thread.
We should start a new one so we can all go round in circles and argue there instead.

But I stand by what I said earlier, and it changes the whole definition of 'precognitive'. So what if it's by chance, it was still predictive of future events, and our pathetic ego-self-identity is just a tip of an iceberg of knowledge that few realize. With all that subliminal knowledge we have 'upstairs', in the attic of our minds, why can't we foretell future events like the weather. It's just cause and effect after all.

I'm trying to say that it's all math, and that's why it IS possible!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”