I needs help!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
flip101

I needs help!!

Postby flip101 » 28 Jan 2012 08:20

Ok so I have known about lucid dreaming for about a week now and Have had only about 2 lucid dreams so far. One with my dream guide and one by myself. But since those two I have not been able to lucid dream at all. Now I have been doing RC's every single time I go up and down the stairs, going through doors and at random times at school when I'm awake. I have been doing the hipnagogic imagery for ten minuets everyday, and recalling them every single time I go to bed. When ever I get up in the morning I can recall my dreams and I try to use them as one of my images. But still nothing. Then I realize, the only reason why I can't do it is because I am not a really good visualizer. So I came here to ask if I'm able to use something from my everyday life to trigger it, instead of visualizing all the time.

So ok, I like to swim, eat cake, play the piano, love building computers and everything about technology, And playing video games is a passion. I like camping and hiking as well as biking. I don't care to much for drawing but it's what I do when I'm really board.

So is there anything I can use to trigger a lucid dream that's not visualizing all the time?
Lucid dreaming is Reality, you mind's reality. It is what your subconscious sees and thinks through your eyes and your mind. It is the way you truly see the world.

R99

Re: I needs help!!

Postby R99 » 28 Jan 2012 20:04

Hey flip101, so straight to the point, here is the thing, there is another twist in ld practice that if u try it so hard it wont work and also u get frustrate and probably giveup on it. Dont do that in my view ld is a great gift, and its main attraction is anybody can have it, its free and fun. And it makes a human mind more youthful and free. I think the problem is u r tryin so hard DONT DO THAT. And there is a good sign, u actualy got 2 ld in a week! WOW i wish i could do that. And also to become a ld guy u dont need to be an artist. U just belive, ur mind will give u the key to unlock ld probably every night. Dont give up on ld practice keep it up, if uget tired trying everything, just leave it for some day and start again, iam sure u will be in a ld in no time. Every skill need practice, especialy when it comes to spiritual and mind. Gud luk, have a cool ld night. I am out.
I see the Truth now.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 11:03

flip101 wrote:Ok so I have known about lucid dreaming for about a week now and Have had only about 2 lucid dreams so far. One with my dream guide and one by myself. But since those two I have not been able to lucid dream at all. Now I have been doing RC's every single time I go up and down the stairs, going through doors and at random times at school when I'm awake. I have been doing the hipnagogic imagery for ten minuets everyday, and recalling them every single time I go to bed. When ever I get up in the morning I can recall my dreams and I try to use them as one of my images. But still nothing. Then I realize, the only reason why I can't do it is because I am not a really good visualizer. So I came here to ask if I'm able to use something from my everyday life to trigger it, instead of visualizing all the time...
So is there anything I can use to trigger a lucid dream that's not visualizing all the time?

You don't need to be able to visualize to lucid dream. The hypnagogic images usually just happen or can be incubated by you. Video games and music videos can be what you incubate and what appears as HI, e.g. I did this first with Pacman and more recently with GTA San Andreas and having MV appear is pretty common.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

flip101

Postby flip101 » 29 Jan 2012 18:31

oh.... Ok, so what your saying is that it doesn't really rely on hipnagocic imagery, it's just there to help incubate the lucid dream itself
Lucid dreaming is Reality, you mind's reality. It is what your subconscious sees and thinks through your eyes and your mind. It is the way you truly see the world.

James

Postby James » 30 Jan 2012 00:01

flip101 wrote:Ok so I have known about lucid dreaming for about a week now and Have had only about 2 lucid dreams so far.

Bu-
Wha-
Ho-
B-
Yhvggh
Your lucky!!!!!!!
Anyway this is usually normal i bieleve, dont worry it will soon vome bacj

Soz 4 spelling im on my ipod noe :(
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Jan 2012 03:27

I lucid dream quite a bit now, but still only 1-2 times in a week usually.
(Actually before that, for many years it was 1-2 times a year).
But I never tried, it just sort of happened naturally over time. (I AM 32 THOUGH! I'M AN OLD MAN! :cry: )

I heard people say not to try so much and that is right. In other words, don't focus too much on studying it, because that is your cerebral mind. A lucid dream happens when you simply ' let it go '. And you have to practice the theory, and that can only happen when you are asleep. or... "asleep". (bad lucid dreamer joke) ;)

But it is a hard practice and even I have more practice to do. I heard somewhere, ( I wish I could quote the person, but it was not me), that Lucid Dreaming is not like riding a bike, but more like playing a musical instrument. In other words, you can't just learn it and forget it and pick up again later like, 'riding a bike', but you have to practice everyday. And the best practice is when you are asleep. And you can't expect success overnight. I think that goes with most things in life. I wish I could play guitar, but I suck at it and would have to practice every day.

P.S. What is a 'Dream Guide'?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James

Postby James » 30 Jan 2012 23:04

HAGART wrote:P.S. What is a 'Dream Guide'?

I think its the most common dream character, the DC that represents you, not a single fear or emotion, but you
For you (stetching back to reading your "hello, my name is HAGART.") I think yours is that shapeshiftinf sack called hagart.
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Jan 2012 00:06

James wrote:I think its the most common dream character, the DC that represents you, not a single fear or emotion, but you
For you (stetching back to reading your "hello, my name is HAGART.") I think yours is that shapeshiftinf sack called hagart.

Yea, but it keeps changing. I've said it before and I'll say it again. it is my subconscious. Which is "me".

I conjured a cake and a pizza last night and ate them... it was awesome and they appeared right before my very eyes, but they are not SENTIENT.

A person to talk to and get a response from, a sentient being, never appears before my very eyes. I have to turn around or look behind corners to find them. It is hard sometimes. But I have never been able to produce two of them at once and which leads me to believe that it is only a reflection of myself or mind in some way. Perhaps the subconscious.

So if that what a 'DC' is, ok, let's explore that... ( I am not up to speed with the vernacular) :? (I had to look up vernacular... I am not that smart....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 31 Jan 2012 10:02

James wrote:...
Bu-
Wha-
Ho-
B-
Yhvggh
You're lucky!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. lol
There is no spoon.