First lucid dream! Now to stay in it.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wilnath

First lucid dream! Now to stay in it.

Postby Wilnath » 24 Aug 2014 09:54

Okay, I've had this problem before once. I can't seem to calm down or control my thoughts after "I'm dreaming!" comes into my head. For example, I'll explain my dream this night.

I was in some kind of war zone. I don't know how it just appeared to me that it was a dream. It just came into my head. So, what should I do? Well.

Take account of surroundings
Rub hands
Look at hands
And just generally get into the dream-body

What do I do?
I run around like it was still a dream thinking about my body in the real world and, like to be expected. Woke up. Good thing I was able to change one thing before waking up! (Changed a sign that said X so it said Y, I know. Magician right?)

Or, a dream I had. Well, 1 year ago? A looong time ago, trust me.
I was trying to get into lucid dreaming, but I didn't have a dream journal so I gave up with the tought of that. But!

One night, I was in a school cafeteria with all the seats filled with ponies. I don't know if I somehow did the DILD technique without knowing it or something else. I did look at my hands but I woke up by the thought of my body again. Darn, I wanted to pet a pony. These ponies were cute, alright?

Anyway, does anyone here know how to control their minds better to NOT think about the things you aren't supposed to think about? Or does it just come with time? I mean, a week after attempting to try to get into lucid dreaming and actually becoming lucid I am pretty happy.

Come to think of it, I also experienced my head being pretty heavy and annoying to control in the dream. Is this just me not being in the dream body enough?

Thanks!

LucidityMaster

Re: First lucid dream! Now to stay in it.

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 10:20

Hey Wilnath,

Congratulations on your first lucid dream, that is a remarkable experience.

I am a master lucid dreamer (with 6 years of lucid dreaming experience), and even I struggled to remain in the dream state during my first few lucid dreams,

This is completely normal and nothing you should worry about.

I struggled, until I discovered the dream chaining technique (also known as DEILD)

DEILD can multiply your lucid dream duration by a factor of five, allowing you to spend up to an hour in REM sleep.

Imagine having long 1 hour chains of lucid dreams every night! This is what I experience with DEILD.

Here is a quick introduction to DEILD.

1- when you see your dream fading, perform the dream spinning technique

2- when you exit the dream, remain completely still with your eyes closed.

3- you may witness another dream forming in front of your eyes. If not, try to imagine a dream body, and focus on floating or rolling into this body.

So, in your next lucid dream, here is what I want you to try:

repeat to yourself 'I will dream spin (when the dream fades)'

When you notice the colours start to diminish, immediately spin around like a small child.

Even if you feel you are awake, remain still with your eyes closed.

Now, some people (like me) can remain for up to an hour in the dream state using DEILD. Others may experience less success with this method.

Even though DEILD works for me, I can't guarantee it will work immediately for you.

Wilnath

Postby Wilnath » 24 Aug 2014 13:46

LucidityMaster wrote:Hey Wilnath,

Congratulations on your first lucid dream, that is a remarkable experience.

I am a master lucid dreamer (with 6 years of lucid dreaming experience), and even I struggled to remain in the dream state during my first few lucid dreams,

This is completely normal and nothing you should worry about.

I struggled, until I discovered the dream chaining technique (also known as DEILD)

DEILD can multiply your lucid dream duration by a factor of five, allowing you to spend up to an hour in REM sleep.

Imagine having long 1 hour chains of lucid dreams every night! This is what I experience with DEILD.

Here is a quick introduction to DEILD.

1- when you see your dream fading, perform the dream spinning technique

2- when you exit the dream, remain completely still with your eyes closed.

3- you may witness another dream forming in front of your eyes. If not, try to imagine a dream body, and focus on floating or rolling into this body.

So, in your next lucid dream, here is what I want you to try:

repeat to yourself 'I will dream spin (when the dream fades)'

When you notice the colours start to diminish, immediately spin around like a small child.

Even if you feel you are awake, remain still with your eyes closed.

Now, some people (like me) can remain for up to an hour in the dream state using DEILD. Others may experience less success with this method.

Even though DEILD works for me, I can't guarantee it will work immediately for you.

Come to think of it, I don't remember it fading. Is this because I don't remember the dream or because I woke up?

sunshine1

Postby sunshine1 » 24 Aug 2014 17:29

Hi everyone,

What amazing experiences.

Here is what I do when I become aware that I am dreaming. I pull my finger which proves that I am not in the physical plane and try to hold on to my lucidity.

Happy dreaming,

sunshine1
http://aeedcc9e08107td7uk86oevy64.hop.clickbank.net/

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 01:42

Hey Wilnath

Sometimes dreams will end quite abruptly without any noticeable loss in vividness, detail or colour.

In this case, your mood is usually a good indicator of when the dream will end.

If you feel over excited, then immediately start dream spinning.

This may create a new scene or cause you to enter another dream.

If you wake up in your bedroom, remember to do a reality check, you might be in a false awakening.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 26 Aug 2014 02:50

the best mindset that has worked for me is to hold your ground while you let the dream and your thoughts race around you. i know its not very explanatory, but if you stay in the dream its all right.

Return to “For Beginners”