Hands Pre and Post Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Xtreme_Walrus

Hands Pre and Post Lucidity

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 25 Aug 2014 02:11

So I had this lucid dream a few nights back where I looked at my hands and realized I was dreaming. So, I started flying around then I landed. I decided to look at my hands again just out of curiosity. They looked completely normal, not a single abnormality. Why is that, and has anyone else experienced this?
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

LucidityMaster

Re: Hands Pre and Post Lucidity

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 02:20

In my lucid dreams, my hands ALWAYS have extra fingers.

I think this is because you cannot count objects well in a lucid dream.

Did you count your fingers when you were examining your hands?

There might appear to be five fingers, but when you count them, you will often count 7 or 8 fingers.

For me, counting my fingers is the only foolproof reality test.

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 13 Sep 2014 22:47

LucidityMaster wrote:In my lucid dreams, my hands ALWAYS have extra fingers.

I think this is because you cannot count objects well in a lucid dream.

Did you count your fingers when you were examining your hands?

There might appear to be five fingers, but when you count them, you will often count 7 or 8 fingers.

For me, counting my fingers is the only foolproof reality test.

I counted them with great clearness. There were five fingers on each hand and they weren't distorted, they were crystal clear. I looked at them for a good amount of time. It was strange. This only happens to me every so often.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Sep 2014 07:03

Hands dont always distort, mine most of the time do but not always. I do thou think cause you get this, suggest you dont use your hands for reality checks!

LucidityMaster wrote:I think this is because you cannot count objects well in a lucid dream.

Many people can count well in LDs. Im glad you put "I think" in front of your comment rather then have it as a fact.

I usually have no issues at all counting in LDs as I usually have a high level of waking consciousness there. My painting of my hand (by my name) is one Ive done of what my hand can look like in a LD.... all 5 fingers on each hand thou on that occassion my hand was a bit split. (Other times I have things growing out of my palms or fingers, while others my hands are normal).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”