Trouble with WILD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
transcendence

Trouble with WILD?

Postby transcendence » 25 Aug 2014 05:33

Hey! So when I try to WILD, I can't lie on my back that long. I feel really relaxed for awhile, but then the urge to roll over gets unbearable, and I can't remain in the right state of mind when I'm on my side.

Goldkoron

Re: Trouble with WILD?

Postby Goldkoron » 25 Aug 2014 05:44

transcendence wrote:Hey! So when I try to WILD, I can't lie on my back that long. I feel really relaxed for awhile, but then the urge to roll over gets unbearable, and I can't remain in the right state of mind when I'm on my side.

The urge to roll over is a natural thing where your body is doing final testing to see if you are asleep or not. If you manage to ignore it, you will probably get closer to WILDing.
Do a reality check

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 06:41

Hello there, transcendence,

I completely disagree with Goldkoron, if is completely fine to roll over to your side.

In hybrid techniques like SSILD, you are encouraged to roll onto your side (most comfortable sleeping position).

It doesn't matter whether you are lying on your back, side or front, just as long as you are comfortable.

Many people induce WILDs lying on their sides.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 25 Aug 2014 08:32

LucidityMaster wrote:Hello there, transcendence,

I completely disagree with Goldkoron, if is completely fine to roll over to your side.

In hybrid techniques like SSILD, you are encouraged to roll onto your side (most comfortable sleeping position).

It doesn't matter whether you are lying on your back, side or front, just as long as you are comfortable.

Many people induce WILDs lying on their sides.

I was talking about the rollover reflex, whenever you are relaxed enough for sleep, your body will give you a strong urge to get into your natural sleep position. This can result in either two things, one you lose all of the relaxation you have been working to gain and have trouble getting to sleep, or two, you fall asleep too easily and lose your chance to WILD. This is a problem that thousands of Lucid Dreamers get.
Do a reality check

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 08:40

I can induce 4 to 5 lucid dreams a night, and whenever I am finished the relaxation techniques, I always roll into my most comfortable sleeping position.

This does not cause my awareness to diminish. If anything, it makes me fall asleep more quickly and enter a WILD.

Perhaps you should try hybrid techniques (HILD) instead of WILD.

Inedible

Postby Inedible » 25 Aug 2014 08:46

In a course called Lucidology, I read that the urge to roll over is your body's way to see if your mind has gone to sleep yet. If it gets you to move, your mind is still awake and your body waits. If your body decides that your mind is asleep it can then move on to sleep also. That's what you want. It also turns out that it is possible to have sleep paralysis in progress without it being so literal as I thought. I used to get that sense of suddenly soaking in warmth, comfort, and complete darkness. Even the light from the room seemed to be gone from behind my closed eyelids. The problem was that I didn't know how to move forward then.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 09:15

I am a natural WILDer, and have never needed to take any lucid dreaming courses.

Using hybrid techniques, I have learned how to lucid dream at will on my own.

Anyway, I seriously question the Lucidology course, because in my six years of experience, rolling over to my side has given me better results.

I think you should be more careful about what you read on the internet.

I would like to speak face to face with the guy who created that course.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Aug 2014 12:30

Inedible wrote:In a course called Lucidology, I read that the urge to roll over is your body's way to see if your mind has gone to sleep yet. If it gets you to move, your mind is still awake and your body waits. If your body decides that your mind is asleep it can then move on to sleep also. That's what you want. It also turns out that it is possible to have sleep paralysis in progress without it being so literal as I thought. I used to get that sense of suddenly soaking in warmth, comfort, and complete darkness. Even the light from the room seemed to be gone from behind my closed eyelids. The problem was that I didn't know how to move forward then.

This is completely false and makes me think lucidology is a scam. The normal sleep pattern is HI>NREM dream > Delta sleep [dreamless sleep] > REM muscle atonia > REM dreams - RMA/SP kicks in only after your body and mind have been in their deepest sleep. Ones body moves or can be moved while in NREM sleep without breaking the WILD. The body is waiting for no signal telling it the mind is "asleep". You can also put you body completely sleep with REM muscle atonia without being mentally asleep at all. In real waking RMA one's not paralyzed at all and can wake the body out of it at will and even move a little (turning the head side to side) without ending the RMA.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 17:30

Of course lucidology is a scam.

Anyone who believes this nonsense is extremely gullible.

Any course that teaches you to remain in an uncomfortable position while performing WILD is complete bogus.

I cannot believe lucidology is telling all these lies, and messing up the techniques of beginners.

It makes me angry that they get away with this nonsense.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 25 Aug 2014 18:03

Er, hi everyone, I don't mean to butt in aggressively or anything, but can I mention that on Rebecca's website on 'Exploring Your Hypnogogia' it mentions towards the bottom that pretty much if you resist the urge to move, you've got some serious hynogogia coming. Soo, surely that would induce sleep paralysis and all, so you can explore the illusions, which is how you enter a LD via WILD...? So surely, that would help inducing a WILD? I think I read that the idea was not to move...
Forgive me if I'm wrong, (as a newb XD) but I saw the article the other day and then I saw this thread, so I just thought it was another factor to throw into the mix.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”