Recurring visions while meditating?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sparrow

Recurring visions while meditating?

Postby Sparrow » 25 Aug 2014 13:03

Hi everyone. I thought I'd pop another quick question here about something that slightly mystifies me. So, whenever I try to just close my eyes and have a reflective moment- or while I'm meditating, I keep having two particular images pop into my head out of the blue. Even when I'm focussed. I've actually had this happen to me for years and never really question it until now.
The the first image that pops up looks a little bit like graffiti, and the next one is always very bread dough-like. Squishy looking and floury haha.
Anyway, does anyone know what this could possibly be?!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidityMaster

Re: Recurring visions while meditating?

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 19:42

Hey Sparrow,

It's good to hear that you are practicing meditation, that is excellent for lucid dreaming.

Now, I need to ask you a few questions:

Were the images solid like dream imagery, or did they resemble a thought?

These don't sound like hypnagogic hallucinations.

Hypnagogic hallucinations are pre-dream imagery that occurs at the border of wakefulness and sleep.

I suspect the Seeded Visualization Effect is happening here.

Wishing you the best of luck,

LucidityMaster

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 25 Aug 2014 20:12

Thanks for replying! I appreciate it.
So, say I'm just nodding off to sleep when, all of a sudden, the first image, which is static, by the way, will just pop into my head. Not connected to any thought processes or anything.
So I think what happens is that when I see the first image I am reminded of the second.
Hm. Seeded Visualisation Effect?
Oh. I'd also love to know if anyone has experienced anything similar! Please do reply :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 20:47

Hey again,

So you think this is hypnagogic imagery then?

You say you were 'nodding off' (falling asleep).

Certainly possible, sorry, I interpreted your post wrong. If it's not connected to thought processes, then it must be hypnagogic imagery.

Have I experienced this?

Yes, I have. In school, we were having a yoga class and I started to fall asleep.

Suddenly, a random image of my iPad popped into my mind, and I was jolted awake.

This is completely natural and nothing to worry about.

Another time, a random image of my living room couch popped into my mind.

Some hypnagogic images can resemble real scenes. Some are static, others move around.

larry

Postby larry » 08 Apr 2015 08:57

When I practice meditation I am not able to concentrate ,I get distracted by something or the other that comes to my mind and I don't understand how should I meditate and How can I enter the lucid dreaming world? It is so exciting ,I want to enter that world please help me Lucidity Master.I go to meditation retreat can they help me with this? www.retreatnetwork.com

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2015 16:41

Obviously those two symbols hold importance to your subconsciousness so it's a good idea to do what you are and try to work out why and if its trying to tell "you" something.

Maybe someone is more likely to see it and be able to interpret it in the other forum area as I know there was a couple of others there better at dream interpretation stuff then me. (this symbolism you are getting is along the same lines as what the subconsciousness gives off when dreaming).

As these symbols come together, they probably are refering to the same thing in some way.

I don't have much of an idea of what graffiti could represent ummm wanting to leave ones mark on something?. A want for recognition in some way. Wanting to be noticed or seen or just the satisfaction of being connected with something. Think about what it could mean to you.

always very bread dough-like. Squishy looking and floury

That sounds like something not baked.. so something started but not finished.

Are you wanting to be recognised for something you are doing but not yet finished?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 11 Apr 2015 12:41

Sparrow, you could try to ask those questions in a lucid dream. Your subconscious might give you the answer. I guess this may sound strange, but i have been asking some questions of my own in my lucid dreams. I've been having some interesting answers. Some are simple, other are abstract but they might give you an insight of what's happening. Also, this is always a good idea for something to do ina lucid dream, if you're out of ideas.

Return to “For Beginners”