OBE?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
HAGART

Re: OBE?

Postby HAGART » 25 Aug 2014 05:15

Yoda I am. Stupid, I'm not. Question, I will. :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 06:44

Hagart, I respect you, and think you are a cool guy.

Why do you have to turn this into a war?

This thread was about OBEs.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Aug 2014 07:41

I deleted that other post I made. You're alright and only trying to help. I shouldn't make fun of your mysterious, esoteric club or the way you write sentences instead of paragraphs.

Let others decide what they pick and choose to learn from here, and what they find valuable. I was out of line and I apologize. Freedom of expression is the number one priority here, and you never said anything negative.
Last edited by HAGART on 26 Aug 2014 00:54, edited 2 times in total.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 25 Aug 2014 10:41

Everything's cool, Hagart. :)

I wish you the best of luck

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Aug 2014 20:10

I agree with Erichsa though. You do come across as a conceited know it all. I'm not trying to cause a conflict, but keep in mind how you are perceived by others when you are writing your replies in the future. I'm a tolerant person, but I know a few others who are getting annoyed.

This has nothing to do with the original post, and I didn't want to take over this thread, but I felt it was important to let you know that in case you weren't aware of how you are presenting yourself to others.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 26 Aug 2014 10:28

I understand where you are coming from :D

I will try to represent myself differently in the future.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Aug 2014 11:07

To bring it back to the topic, how many officers of the British Empire do you guys know?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Aug 2014 18:03

I finally get it. :roll:
The main topic wasn't about Officers of the British Empire though.

It was to do with mysterious minions these officers send out to haunt us when we are trying to sleep. Some blame it on hypnagogic hallucinations with an overactive emotional response caused by the Amygdala....

But that's nonsense, and I see your point now. I blame the Brits! :mrgreen:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Aug 2014 19:31

LMAO! Thanks for clarifying the topic for me! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Aug 2014 02:12

I'll ACTUALLY bring this back on-topic, unless people have a problem discussing lucid dreams here. ;)

The last time I had an 'unwelcome visitor' that I fought and dealt with was the one I mentioned earlier, Christmas Day 2013. It's been 8 months and it just so happened again last night. It's quite rare for me and I haven't seen a 'shadow being' in particular since way back in April 2012! Here's what happened and my thoughts about it:

Sometime within the first hour of sleep, I had a creepy sleep paralysis episode. I don't remember what I was thinking about, but I suddenly was overcome with negative thoughts and I felt a sinister presence and the sheets tighten around me and I think I saw pillows or cushions suddenly in my vision as if I was being constricted and smothered by it all. I could still breath, and thought to myself, how negative thoughts are like having a bad entity around you even when awake, but it's more prevalent in a dream when you can truly see and feel it. I just relaxed and tried to think happy thoughts to see if the pillows and weight and entity would vanish.

It didn't and in fact it got worse. I sensed a being on my back as I was laying on my belly. It started to scratch at the back of my head, just below the skull where it meets the neck. I could sense (even though I couldn't see it) that it was a long beak of a humanoid being and it was nipping and pecking and scratching at a single spot at the back of my neck. It was annoying, but I remained calm, although slightly unnerved. After a while I decided I had enough and I got up to see it and fight it. It was very difficult to move, but I managed to get up and see. It was like my lower half of vision was all blanket and I could see a shadowy figure with a vague face and I was going to fight it and grab it. Then I realized, I was only hallucinating and it was just a harmless jacket on the floor beside the bed, or more like a couch, that I had been sleeping on. I was seeing it all through my closed eyelids, so I opened my eyes and sure enough now everything was colorful and clear and the jacket was vivid. It was just my mind playing tricks.

I quickly grabbed a pencil and paper on the floor by the foot of the 'bed/couch'. (I always keep some near my bed). It felt like I was in the TV room of a house I lived in back in the early 90's. As I tried to jot down key words in the order that I felt them, my cousin was nearby sitting (perhaps with a cat or something) and he started to talk to me. I was annoyed because I couldn't listen to him and remember my dream at the same time. I think I told him, "Not now, I just had some sleep paralysis and I'll tell you about it later". 

Then I was in a bed again and realized it had just been a false awakening, and this was a real one. (But it wasn't). I felt a poking sensation in my feet as though it was coming from an external entity, but I relaxed and analyzed the feeling and it was like when I watch my dog's feet twitch slightly when he dreams and nothing more. I began to think happy thoughts and my body was swaying forward and back, head to toe direction. I felt like I was in the bedroom at a different house I use to live in from my childhood, and every time I was in an upswing, I could see into my brother's room where he too was in his bed looking back and me. He was a child the same age he was when we lived in that house. Each time I poked my head to see, I made a funny expression to amuse him, and then change it when I was on the downswing, and reappear with a different one. Then I noticed some money on a counter that I instinctively knew was birthday money I had just received. I made a dumb expression of surprise, overacting whenever I swung close to it acting like a clown for my brother's amusement.

Then I woke up for real and checked the time. I was a little creeped out, but excited at the same time.

If I hadn't gotten duped by the false awakenings that would have been an OBE, WILD or whatever term you choose to call it. I've had quite a few, so I know. Most of the time the paralysis episode is without incident, but this time I had an 'unwelcome visit'.

I was completely goofy like a child and full of emotion with only a slight memory of who I am and my sense of place was from my childhood too. (Except for when I was in a vibrant false awakening and got annoyed by my cousin). That reinforces my belief that our Amygdalas (primitive brain) goes hay-wire during the sleep paralysis stage of sleep, and if we are aware during it.... odd things can be experienced. The Amygdala is responsible for emotional reactions and I just learned recently they also contain basic instinctual sense of self and memories. There's a lot of information connecting the two on the internet and I'm no expert on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

If you see anything in particular during your hallucinations it's due to archetypal memories or just plain old beliefs. If I'm wrong, send a reptilian demon my way to haunt me in my dreams. I would love to have a good chat, and bounce some of these ideas of it. :mrgreen:

Return to “Paranormal Activity”